Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
The keyboard accuracy is what is driving me the most crazy. I’ve never had to disable the pop-up character preview when you tap the keys, but it’s the only thing that seems to help at all with the accuracy. I’ve never had a problem typing with iOS like I am now.

clevins

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
The mixed feedback make me suspect that the issue is with some widgets/apps installed on the device. Maybe trying to delete one for one can be a thing to investigate the issue
This. My XS Max is fine on 15.4, no stuttering etc. When people have serious issues with performance and others don't it's almost always one (or more) of a few things:

1) One or more apps that are misbehaving. Update all apps, check things like battery usage to see if there's an app appearing there that has no apparent reason to be using much batter.

2) Hardware. I'd especially look at free storage. I don't know this, but it wouldn't surprise me if running at something like 98% full compromised performance.

3) Something subtle wrong with the OS or other software. Do a clean install after backing up. REALLY clean, not a restore from backup. Yes, this is a pain in the ass.

COULD it be an iOS issue? Sure. But when it's not everyone on your device model, it's more likely to be something about your setup.

Reactions: Taz Mangus

Andrey11

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2021
Give me few more days with this update. Right now its working relatively well. I am also considering buying iPhone 13 Pro Max to test difference.
Perhaps something incredible happened with iOS 15.5 beta 4, or is it just hope?

Cylu7878

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2022
I have XR 128GB (battery health 98%), I've noticed that if I use the reduce transparency in accessibility features and place the apps into folders, it seems to return to the desktop in the app(FB, IG, Shopee, etc.) and almost no longer stutter.

Cylu7878

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2022
How annoying it is when the swipe to home screen but opens the application manager!:mad:
I update iOS15.5 few hours(use OTA and non reset all setting), I feel swipe to home animation lagging was gone!! Smooth as butter!!:cool:

maybe I will reset all setting for the cleanest system.:p

battery health still 98%, battery consumption require more time to test.

update: still feel lag... but it better than 15.4.1

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I don't know... at this point I don't think they're going to bother with any further performance improvement. iOS 16 is probably the best bet.

Cylu7878

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2022
is that fixed for anyone
iOS15.5 performs better than iOS15.4, both in battery life and performance.

But if we want a perfect, stutter-free system, maybe we need to wait for iOS15.6. :apple:'s change log shows that iOS 15.6 focuses on optimizing the system. 🤞

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.