Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
The newest version is only available through iTunes with a PC/Mac.

Not necessarily only through iTunes. You can download the full IPSW for that build at various places, like IPSW.me.

I downloaded that particular build from there, plugged in my iPhone 15PM to my Mac, and did the update that way. You don't have to wait for the Mac or iTunes to download it for you.

BL.

Beefbowl

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2021
I make pretty heavy use of Text Replacement while typing and after the 17.4.1 update none of my replacements worked. I went in and added a new one, and now all of my Text Replacements are working properly again. Super niche issue, I’m sure, but if anyone else runs into it I wanted to post my solution.

Reactions: Spocky

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
I make pretty heavy use of Text Replacement while typing and after the 17.4.1 update none of my replacements worked. I went in and added a new one, and now all of my Text Replacements are working properly again. Super niche issue, I’m sure, but if anyone else runs into it I wanted to post my solution.
Thanks, happened to me.

Reactions: srbNYC and Beefbowl

ranini

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
>Spain<-
anyone else having a notifications issues? It happened with Whatsapp , Twitter, and others apps with push .. seems that reinstalling the app works ok again.

Reactions: AstonSmith

AstonSmith

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2016
UK
anyone else having a notifications issues? It happened with Whatsapp , Twitter, and others apps with push .. seems that reinstalling the app works ok again.
I've been having issues with WhatsApp for about 2 weeks. I get all the notification badges (red dot over the icon), but I don't always get a notification sound or have it appear on the lock screen.

Settings are correct, have tried rebooting the phone etc.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I am going to wipe my iPhone 15 Plus again. I can literally watch the percentage drop by the minute. I unplugged it at 8 am this morning (80% charge) and it was at 44% by 1 pm and while I was writing a few single texts, I could watch it drop to 40 %. Damn "Find My" also seems to be constantly doing something (based on the battery stats).

The battery was amazing when I got it last fall (still shows 100% health) and I did not have to charge it until the next day (on a 80% limit charge)

I am actually starting to wonder if this new extra protection thingy that came with 14.1 (if I am not mistaken) is causing it by constantly checking if I am in a known location or something like that since this functionality is related to Find My.

OceanWraith

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2023
Turkiye
I own 15 PM. I also witnessed the Find application running in the background by itself in 17.3.1. However, this problem was fixed for me with the 17.4 update. It didn't happen again. At that time, I logged into the find application and spent some time in the application. Afterwards the problem was fixed.

Wait for 17.5 if you want. It will be published in the 1st or 2nd week of May. If it still doesn't work, you can try reinstalling the software using DFU mode.

The problem is definitely caused by the iOS Find app. But some users say that it may also be caused by other applications (other iOS applications are also running in the background).

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Been seeing this today after swiping up to unlock, like it keeps trying to delete the app.
IMG_4831.png

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
IMG_2964.png

“Usage by app is not available for 3am-4am”

I also noticed when I woke up this morning every single app that was in the app switcher from yesterday was dumped over night and had to reopen when I selected it. Seems like my phone crashed for 2 hours or so.

Lately Ive noticed my phones capacity to hold anything in its memory is trash. 14pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.