Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
For me the v2 (not OTA) is borked. First one was fine, i did the mistake and upgraded, my very own fault.

I just went to an Apple Store, asked them if they can install the v1, because my Mac is a few thousand miles away- of course they can't do that :)
The IPSW for 236 is still available online if you wanted to go back. I doubt it would help your issue tho. Probably a re-install of the current one would do just as good.

Reactions: P_Watt and Ninflu

Spline

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Nothing specifically mentioned, no. But rest assured there was some issue that was addressed or .237 would not exist. It is weird that iTunes and the developer portal both have the 237 IPSW for download but OTA is still issuing 236.

The release notes remain the same: “This update provides important bug fixes and security updates and is recommended for all users.”
Possibly referring to 236 as well.

Apple 2024: "Just do what we say and don't ask questions"

Reactions: Populus

Ninflu

macrumors regular
The IPSW for 236 is still available online if you wanted to go back. I doubt it would help your issue tho. Probably a re-install of the current one would do just as good.
Will try it on Tuesday when i'm back at my Mac, if v1 is still signed then.

But today, i've been mostly driving using Google Maps and Waze, it was pretty good. Started from 100% this morning and 12hrs later i'm down to 22%.

Attachments

• IMG_7059.png
    IMG_7059.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
This is an interesting bug. All sounds work except for the email Ding. Any sound I change it to won’t play. Any ideas?

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Battery life on my new 15 PM I got yesterday is really poor at the moment. hoping it gets better. I did a 3 hour walk this morning listening to a podcast and snapping some pics and battery went down from 100% to 69% after 3 hours. Seems excessive. My regular 15 seems to last much longer.

Reactions: Ninflu and Populus

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Battery life on my new 15 PM I got yesterday is really poor at the moment. hoping it gets better. I did a 3 hour walk this morning listening to a podcast and snapping some pics and battery went down from 100% to 69% after 3 hours. Seems excessive. My regular 15 seems to last much longer.
Which iOS Version Number? Today my phone is crappy again, barely using it (a few pictures taken, a bit of Waze) and already lost 30% in 6hrs. Screen time today was less than 75mins.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This is an interesting bug. All sounds work except for the email Ding. Any sound I change it to won’t play. Any ideas?
Close all apps and reboot. None of my sounds worked just after the install of the 1st version but that solved it for me.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Mostly on battery
Nice. Might try a clean DFU install without iCloud restore if things don’t improve on my new 15 PM battery life. I’m on day 3 of owning it so hoping by end of this week it’s stabilized. Cause this battery is mid at best.

elementalwingma

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
I almost didn't update to v2 but since I had plugged my phone up to my Mac sure enough I was getting the prompt for an a new update so I went ahead and took the plunge. At first my phone went into recovery mode which scared me to death, saying I couldn't update it because of a sync error, but after restarting my Mac surely enough it went through. I really wish they could fix these sync issues; it seems like it's been going on for years. I'm just glad I tried before actually having to restore my phone.

Afterwards nothing really to speak of, outside of the glitchiness of AirPods and Apple Music skipping randomly.

Reactions: iLuddite

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
I honestly have never used such a buggier update on iPPM2 and iP13M, Safari pages not loading, Magic Keyboard issues, crashes and more! It‘s infuriating how bad these updates have got.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I love how the optimistically named “Bug Fixes, Changes and Improvements” threads are always full of complaints, disappointments, and heartbreaks.

• Haha
Reactions: Brachaci

fantomcheung

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2015
Anyone having the problem where iCloud message sync paused? And it doesn't sync even if pressing the sync now button.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
is it just me or is Safari getting worse and worse with every iOS update?

Sometimes it just does not reload a page or I put in another URL but it’s reloading the previous website again while showing the url of the actual website in the address bar. Other times I try to go back a page but it’s just reloading the same page or goes back 2 pages. Mess

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Will try it on Tuesday when i'm back at my Mac, if v1 is still signed then.

But today, i've been mostly driving using Google Maps and Waze, it was pretty good. Started from 100% this morning and 12hrs later i'm down to 22%.

Omg 8 hours of screen on time? 3 hours right now and it’s a 15 Plus and all I really used was Safari

Attachments

• IMG_2895.png
    IMG_2895.png
    298 KB · Views: 48

Ninflu

macrumors regular
Omg 8 hours of screen on time? 3 hours right now and it’s a 15 Plus and all I really used was Safari
So, right now I'm standing at crossroads: I can downgrade back to iOS 17.4.1. (v1), stay on 17.4.1. (v2), downgrade to iOS 17.3.1. (still signed?!?) or Upgrade to 17.5. Beta 1. So many choices...

By the way: If I'm using Safari only, my % drops about 2% every 30minutes or so. @contacos: Hallo in meine Heimatstadt :)

brinkeguthrie

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2020
I have 17.4.1 on both iPad and iPhone and they seem fine. Yet when I hook em up to MBP I see this: (below.) Is that the version I should stay away from?
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 8.53.50 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.