Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
…unless they intentionally left out code that might identify a feature before it was announced.

Not saying that’s what happened but it’s plausible.
I would say it only affects iphone 15 and the place markers seem to identify with those existing battery settings features.
No, they simply came out of the meal with spinach in their teeth, didn’t check the mirror.

Allan S

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2024
Hi- I am having an issue with Siri and the Apple Music app since installing 17.5 beta 1 on iPhone 13.

Whenever I ask Siri to play an artist, song, or album, she responds "now playing (and the correct artist, song, or album)". However, the actual music that plays is a random artist, album or song, and it is never the same album, artist or song. When I request a playlist, Siri replies "(the correct playlist name) now playing. However, 1] when I am not in the Music app, Siri then responds "Sorry there was a problem with Apple Music"; 2] when I am in the Music app, the Music app just closes. I do not have an Apple Music subscription. I only play songs from my iTunes library. I tries restoring my iPhone and loading a backup. But, the backup was done AFTER installing the 17.5 beta 1. I can navigate with no issues within the Apple Music app with all functionality working. The issue is just when using Siri.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Hi- I am having an issue with Siri and the Apple Music app since installing 17.5 beta 1 on iPhone 13.

Whenever I ask Siri to play an artist, song, or album, she responds "now playing (and the correct artist, song, or album)". However, the actual music that plays is a random artist, album or song, and it is never the same album, artist or song. When I request a playlist, Siri replies "(the correct playlist name) now playing. However, 1] when I am not in the Music app, Siri then responds "Sorry there was a problem with Apple Music"; 2] when I am in the Music app, the Music app just closes. I do not have an Apple Music subscription. I only play songs from my iTunes library. I tries restoring my iPhone and loading a backup. But, the backup was done AFTER installing the 17.5 beta 1. I can navigate with no issues within the Apple Music app with all functionality working. The issue is just when using Siri.

Report it using the feedback app then wait to see if your issue is fixed in the next update.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016

Not wishing to insult you but since this is your first post here - have you tried a hard restart of your phone (assuming it is a phone)? click & release volume up, click & release volume down then hold the Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reactions: srbNYC

Allan S

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2024
Not wishing to insult you but since this is your first post here - have you tried a hard restart of your phone (assuming it is a phone)? click & release volume up, click & release volume down then hold the Off button until the Apple logo appears.
No worries. Yes, I tried that with no change to the issue. Thanks.

slomtbr

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010

I had a similar issue, and I had to delete and rebuild my playlists.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I would say it only affects iphone 15 and the place markers seem to identify with those existing battery settings features.
No, they simply came out of the meal with spinach in their teeth, didn’t check the mirror.
And perhaps that's because only iPhone 15 currently has the battery reporting tech integrated? Hmmm...

Reactions: Populus

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Ran into where I get the pop up for my APP and it won’t close. Had to kill the YT app then relaunch. Fixes it short term only. Will try unpairing / pairing later today. For 17.5 it has been annoying things like this that keep popping up intermittently.

Feedback reported.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.