Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I’m staying put on 17.4.1.
Nothing about 17.5 is worth the move.
A couple folks saying 17.5b1 fixed their iCloud tab syncing issues! That may be enough for me to jump on board. Maybe. I've been fooled by those "fixes" for this issue for a couple years now 🤣 And I am somewhat of a masochist.

• Haha
Reactions: dk001 and Pearsey

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I am noticing depth effect of lockscreen wallpaper isn’t working on iPadOS. It shows depth effect when editing, but once saved it moves the clock in front when viewing the lockscreen afterwards.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
And just wanna say having localisation strings issue are the most non-disruptive and harmless bugs there could be, it's being blown up way too heavy.
Indeed, it's just a wrong text after all.
It doesn't crash, limit or remove any feature. Everything "works" as expected. If Apple only had these kind of bugs in their OSes, I'd be really happy. But their bugs are sometimes pretty severe in 2024.

I can defend this case because it's just a beta, supposedly not in the hands of many people, but of course even though it's a very minor issue, this shouldn't go public.

Tenkaykev

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2020
Thought I was seeing things but nope …

iPad Pro 11 G4 in Safari in dark mode.
White text on black background. When you swipe up or down to scroll, the text changes shade from white to blue. Haven’t seen this in a long time and never on this device. Caught it reading last night. Can see it on this site also but much harder for capture in video.
See below.

View attachment 2366157
That is so impressive, introducing the Doppler shift effect into scrolling 😉

Reactions: dk001

Pearsey

Contributor
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
A couple folks saying 17.5b1 fixed their iCloud tab syncing issues! That may be enough for me to jump on board. Maybe. I've been fooled by those "fixes" for this issue for a couple years now 🤣 And I am somewhat of a masochist.
Well that's good! I haven't seen that bug on my phone.
It seems some peoples 14s its fixed their battery drain, but there isn't anything to report on my battery with a 14 Pro, its solid. Mixed bag on this beta... Again its not making me see much point to move, if anything, there seems to be more annoying little niggles in isolated cases on here to take the jump, but we are all uniquely different, thank goodness.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
Fitness app is still messed up in this beta.

IMG_3938.jpeg

Also still experiencing issues downloading music in the Music app.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
This actually looks good. Also you have over 3 hours of Spotify background activity. You are down to ~37% after a whole day and started from 80%, so you lost ~43%. Those are good values.

Maybe it’s placebo in my head but I feel like I used to go all day and not charge it until the next morning previously. Also the Spotify part is actually from being in the car yesterday. Not today.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Maybe it’s placebo in my head but I feel like I used to go all day and not charge it until the next morning previously. Also the Spotify part is actually from being in the car yesterday. Not today.

I feel like the "steepness" of the battery discharging curve varies a lot depending on the network I use (cellular vs Wifi, and also what kind of 4G/5G reception I have) and also screen brightness. Now that the weather got nicer where I live, using the iPhone outside takes a considerable hit on battery usage as brightness gets cranked up.

In general I think your battery looks perfectly fine for your kind of usage, even without Spotify.

Reactions: gwhizkids

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Found a bug in photos. If you go into photos select photo hit the ! Try to change location, nothing happens for me. Manually put a location in search bar, nothing happens. Seems the search, location isn’t working, even thou I have location on in photos.

This is a saved photo from whats app.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Found a bug in photos. If you go into photos select photo hit the ! Try to change location, nothing happens for me. Manually put a location in search bar, nothing happens. Seems the search, location isn’t working, even thou I have location on in photos.

I just tried this on my iPad Pro and it worked as expected. I managed to change the location of screenshots, WhatsApp images and photos in iCloud.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Ran int this on Safari > Amazon but have since seen it on other sites.
You have a thumbnail + text below it. You can tap either to open the link. You can tap and hold to open the tab menu.

Well you could.

Now when I tap and hold on the text I get the tab menu.
When I tap and hold on the thumbnail I get the photo menu.

Like normal, if you have your finger on the text in the thumbnail, you get text selection. That is unchanged.

See below for an example.

Attachments

• IMG_0524.png
    IMG_0524.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0523.png
    IMG_0523.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018

All my Whatsapp photos are received without camera information (always been a problem compared to iMessage) so no location to change but I can add location in 17.5 and in 17.4 without problem.

Attachments

• 1427ABAE-1190-4113-BBF8-9EF50888876C.jpeg
    1427ABAE-1190-4113-BBF8-9EF50888876C.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DDBD8F7F-E5BF-422F-A46F-8C7E5DDE889B.jpeg
    DDBD8F7F-E5BF-422F-A46F-8C7E5DDE889B.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 45

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
All my Whatsapp photos are received without camera information (always been a problem compared to iMessage) so no location to change but I can add location in 17.5 and in 17.4 without problem.
Unfortunately not for me.

Just tried it again under wifi and it works properly! Apparently if under cellular it doesn’t work! (A bug or is this by default?)

Thanks

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Unfortunately not for me.

Just tried it again under wifi and it works properly! Apparently if under cellular it doesn’t work! (A bug or is this by default?)

Thanks
Ah right I can’t test that til I install b2 on my daily phone, my test phone has no SIM.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I wonder how they introduce a bug into the battery charging page if no additional function was introduced.
There was mention of upcoming enhancements to battery management on future iPads, and maybe they were trying to tweak battery performance stats for the iPhone and screwed it up...

But, you think that they would think "we changed something dealing with the battery, so maybe we should at least do a cursory examination of the UI afterwards.."

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
There was mention of upcoming enhancements to battery management on future iPads, and maybe they were trying to tweak battery performance stats for the iPhone and screwed it up...

But, you think that they would think "we changed something dealing with the battery, so maybe we should at least do a cursory examination of the UI afterwards.."

…unless they intentionally left out code that might identify a feature before it was announced.

Not saying that’s what happened but it’s plausible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.