Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
Here is what I would rather want:

• not auto sort on last edited
You can change that in notes settings. See attached pic

1713408828692.png

Reactions: fx5

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Will be good to have an update to the Notes app. Also a new calculator will be nice. Wonder whether the iPad will finally get a calculator app.

Star Brood

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
Berlin, Germany
If Apple's speech to text were even within an ICBM's distance of where OpenAI's is, you wouldn't even need voice memos, as the voice to text capture would actually work

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Here is what I would rather want:
  • markdown support
  • not auto sort on last edited
  • beeing able to add code parts
nice to have
  • let me add images to table cell
  • let me filter table heads

While we're at it, a proper export feature with full markup and attachments. I mean both backup, and more robust export features of specific notes.

Mr.Mozi

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2020
Notes app is one of my favorite apps and sort of a second brain for me. I just want these features:
- Markdown support, especially a highlight option for text
- Better handwritten/typed section integration
- Better export pdf option where content doesn't get chopped off in long handwritten notes
- A more practical toolbar with easier Font options (iOS, iPadOS). A serif font option would be great, they made an amazing font called New York, why not using it?
- Ability to assign different color/icon for folders like the Reminders app, or even removing the folder icon entirely as it serves no purpose
- Better integration with the Freeform app
- The ability to read notes via Siri (a smarter and controllable version of Speech feature on macOS) would be also nice

Downhilltenago

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2017
Tucson, AZ
Speaking to the upgrade in general, they better deliver. As stable as the OS and phones are in general, they need a major upgrade. Without offering anything new and exciting in terms of phones, they need to make a splash with this upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.