Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Heck why not? None of my friends have even upgraded to iOS 5 or don't have iPhone's so I'll join in.

PM me for my email address.

Last edited:

Cheezewhiz

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2009
anyone having issues getting imessage to work on their new 4S? It is turned on and messages are saying delivered, but no one is receiving them. I ahve restored the phone to new as well as restoring to a backup of my iPhone 4 that had imessage working, but nothing seems to be able to fix it.

Crabthief

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
so i guess it works the same as sending a text to more then 1 person?

i add all the people numbers or emails i want in the chat and its done?

sorry to ask all the questions.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
so i guess it works the same as sending a text to more then 1 person?

i add all the people numbers or emails i want in the chat and its done?

sorry to ask all the questions.

yeah it is pretty much the same, however I would be interested to try mixing contacts that have iMessage and dont have it, would it send both an iMessage and a text?

munch2112

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Devon, UK
I've removed my email from my post as group chat is just plain annoying! If anybody actually wants to contact me then pm me on here!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I've removed my email from my post as group chat is just plain annoying! If anybody actually wants to contact me then pm me on here!

Even though all the messages were a bit annoying since they came in one after another. So if anyone wants to chat on iMessage (minus group chat) I still left my email address in my previous post.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
yes please no more 12 people group chats, people need to understand that some people are in meetings or univeristy classes and don't need 150+ messages going off in their pocket.

TEXT RESPONSIBLY

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Shakezulla86@gmail.com

Got any questions about Alaska? That's where I am! Lol.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Its a little weird getting all excited about Apple reinventing instant messaging, a technology that hit the mainstream back in the good old days of AOL floppy disks....

But still kinda fun...

LoboKendo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
NY
Amazed at Turn Out

OP here.

I'd really like to say, I'm surprised at the turn out of all the people who took me up on my offer. It felt good to greet the new comers who took it upon themselves to shoot me a msg.

All of you have been very kind, and fun too meet over iMessage. I've spoke to a few people across the world which has been a first in my book. I'm glad that this iOS version has allowed us to do so. It's been a pleasure meeting and talking to all of you!

Again, I'd like to say Welcome to iMessage!

Keep the iMessages coming! I'm here to help or just say hello! :D

mhayumi

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
just a quick question.... uhm you know the acct for icloud which let us create the account @me.com is that just for icloud or could we use that for both facetime imessage and as an apple
id? soz if im being a bit thick

----------

has anybody here received my imessage? coz its. saying it has been delivered but no reply :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.