Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
The internet and messaging with random people: This can only end in penises.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
OP here.

I'd really like to say, I'm surprised at the turn out of all the people who took me up on my offer. It felt good to greet the new comers who took it upon themselves to shoot me a msg.

All of you have been very kind, and fun too meet over iMessage. I've spoke to a few people across the world which has been a first in my book. I'm glad that this iOS version has allowed us to do so. It's been a pleasure meeting and talking to all of you!

Again, I'd like to say Welcome to iMessage!

Keep the iMessages coming! I'm here to help or just say hello! :D

no offense but i aint impressed.. with this imessage

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
why are you posting emails? thought it was phone numbers.. someone told me you use numbers for imwessage unless they use ipad then use their email

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
why are you posting emails? thought it was phone numbers.. someone told me you use numbers for imwessage unless they use ipad then use their email

If you have an iPhone you can use your number or email. If you have an iPad or an iPod touch you can use your email. You can also registar your me.com account if you've set on up if you choose to not want to advertise your regular/public email address.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
If you have an iPhone you can use your number or email. If you have an iPad or an iPod touch you can use your email. You can also registar your me.com account if you've set on up if you choose to not want to advertise your regular/public email address.

i'm just saying thats so not what i was told.. ;/

me.com is my regular personal one..

gmail would be the crapper one lol

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
just a quick question.... uhm you know the acct for icloud which let us create the account @me.com is that just for icloud or could we use that for both facetime imessage and as an apple
id? soz if im being a bit thick

----------

has anybody here received my imessage? coz its. saying it has been delivered but no reply :(

Not sure about your first question but send me a message I'll reply back.

flyingbird95

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
ok so me and my sister downloaded iOS 5 to our iphones a few days ago. I just tried to text her with imessage but it didn't work. we both had internet and had imessage switched on but when I texted her "hi" the bubble was green and not blue. then after she texted me imessage started working. help?

Last edited by a moderator:

dr.rosenrosen

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
<removed>

Doesn't seem to working correctly for me so far. I've received iMessages, but when I send, even though it says iMessage in the text box, it eventually says sent as text message.

Last edited:

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
i'm just saying thats so not what i was told.. ;/

me.com is my regular personal one..

gmail would be the crapper one lol

Thats because alot of people are giving out false information. you can use phone number or email and you can have more than one email also.

bruleke

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2009
Well, with so many emails, all I can say is:

Becareful, guys.
Can you imagine how many people are now copying these emails to send ads, virus or anything mean?

We dont live in Wonderland...
Dont get me wrong, I am just concerned if this is safe.
I never tell people my email unless I know them enough to do it.

redout

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Dublin
How do I get an @me email address?

My apple ID is with my hotmail address.

EDIT: If I try to activate Notes in iCloud it gives me an option to create an @me email but then states that you cannot change your iCloud email address after creating it. What does this concern exactly?

I already use my apple ID (hotmail) for iMessage. Can I add the @me as a second iMessage account on my device and have it run both at the same time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.