Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlickzHD

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Add me slickdonxd@hotmail.co.uk

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I like this idea. At least I can delete the useless email when people become to spammy ;).

I did because one person was spamming and another person after I had asked them not to swear, sent a huge text full of racist, vulgar remarks including a picture of his middle finger.

so immature...

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I too have received multiple spam messages from certain email addresses.

I wouldn't post any more emails, or at-least edit your post to remove the definite hyperlinks.

I've reported the thread just to see what the mods take on it are - i think the thread itself is great, but people [including myself] are starting to get spammed left-right+centre. Especially when you decided to keep the imessage email acc. :eek:

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I've reported the thread just to see what the mods take on it are - i think the thread itself is great, but people [including myself] are starting to get spammed left-right+centre. Especially when you decided to keep the imessage email acc. :eek:

Common sense... not so common ;)

Posting your email address in plain text anywhere is never a good idea unless you're prepared to handle it. Nothing we can do about it. If you are concerned, edit your post and remove your address.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I too have received multiple spam messages from certain email addresses.

I wouldn't post any more emails, or at-least edit your post to remove the definite hyperlinks.

Yeah, even after my warning ppl just kept on w/o obscuring their address. Not like I know anything about e-mail. :rolleyes:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
You people are acting as if you've been violated. :rolleyes:

This is not some private exclusive club we're in. This is a public forum. You're bound to get spammed to hell if you post your email. Anybody who isn't a housewife or a 13 year old knows that you should never post identifiable information online.

Hell, even for this forum I used a decoy spam email address. You guys need to be more sophisticated when it comes to simple internet stuff and most of all, you need to stop crying if people send you a picture of their penis on iMessage if you allow anybody to message you. You brought it on yourself.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I got an offer of an iSext chat from that address. Obviously that's because I'm hot :D

If only they were a gorgeous brunette and not a 15 year old boy living at home with mum and his Clearasil I might have been tempted.

gross haha, I have since disassociated my "iMessage" email address with my phone because I was getting too many messages I may in the future make a new and add people I feel I can trust otherwise I won't bother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.