Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I am not sure why everyone wants to be contacted by a bunch of people they don't know...might as well post your phone numbers.

Honestly what is the point of this?

I just hope they all really love spam as the e-mail harvesting systems are plucking their addresses out of this thread as I type this and adding them to every spamming list on the planet.

I love it when my users ask "Why do I get so much spam? I don't understand?" :p

Edit: Just a hint, you guys should at least be trying to obscure your address. Something like blahblahtextme at ineedattention.com

buya97

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
came over from android, this is my first apple product. loving it so far, trying to learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
People are being naive...
This is a world-known forum. Its not safe to publish your email.

Well, with so many emails, all I can say is:

Becareful, guys.
Can you imagine how many people are now copying these emails to send ads, virus or anything mean?

We dont live in Wonderland...
Dont get me wrong, I am just concerned if this is safe.
I never tell people my email unless I know them enough to do it.

well if people were smart and did what I did they would have created an email address specifically for this, anytie I feel that iMessage is overrunning my phone I dissociate the email and these people will never really be able to contact me again :p

jennagay@me.com Get it!

your email is not working, send me a message I am LDS also :)

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I just hope they all really love spam as the e-mail harvesting systems are plucking their addresses out of this thread as I type this and adding them to every spamming list on the planet.

I love it when my users ask "Why do I get so much spam? I don't understand?" :p

Edit: Just a hint, you guys should at least be trying to obscure your address. Something like blahblahtextme at ineedattention.com

I know that is why I created Acronym1987@Gmail.com this is an email address I will never use for anything but iMessage, so I am not too concerned what happens with it.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I know that is why I created Acronym1987@Gmail.com this is an email address I will never use for anything but iMessage, so I am not too concerned what happens with it.

Yes, but by not at least obscuring it, you are pretty much guaranteeing you will one day get spammed. Wouldn't it be wiser to have both a dedicated iMessage address AND obscure the address when posting it in a forum? :confused:

It will be very inconvenient when you have to shut it down, get a new address, and communicate that address to everyone you communicate with.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
well if people were smart and did what I did they would have created an email address specifically for this, anytie I feel that iMessage is overrunning my phone I dissociate the email and these people will never really be able to contact me again :p

your email is not working, send me a message I am LDS also :)

Umm.. she's just really happy.

Greatorex

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
London
Are you people insane?
Why would anyone be comfortable with giving away their e-mail to a complete stranger on a public forum?
Do you know how spam works?
I wouldn't be surprised if many of you were sending some cash to Nigeria so you can unlock the millions of $ that have been saved in an account for you to activate.

Dullards.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Yes, but by not at least obscuring it, you are pretty much guaranteeing you will one day get spammed. Wouldn't it be wiser to have both a dedicated iMessage address AND obscure the address when posting it in a forum? :confused:

It will be very inconvenient when you have to shut it down, get a new address, and communicate that address to everyone you communicate with.
you speak much truth, people should be careful when posting emails, as for myself I have other email addresses for friends that I know in person that want to contact me.

Umm.. she's just really happy.
about? I am confused about your statement.

Are you people insane?
Why would anyone be comfortable with giving away their e-mail to a complete stranger on a public forum?
Do you know how spam works?
I wouldn't be surprised if many of you were sending some cash to Nigeria so you can unlock the millions of $ that have been saved in an account for you to activate.

Dullards.
not everyone is as you claim them to be read the full thread before you make an assumption :p

registerusername

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

theplaystationdaily@gmail.com

Chat away! :)

Greatorex

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
London
you speak much truth, people should be careful when posting emails, as for myself I have other email addresses for friends that I know in person that want to contact me.

about? I am confused about your statement.

not everyone is as you claim them to be read the full thread before you make an assumption :p

So what makes you assume I haven't databased all these addresses?
To assume no one is 'like that' is as moronic as to assume everyone is.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
So what makes you assume I haven't databased all these addresses?
To assume no one is 'like that' is as moronic as to assume everyone is.

I have assumed that anyone on here could spam my email, which is why I created an email just for the purpose of TESTING iMessage anyone who that after talking with enough times and I Can trust them will maybe have the chance to learn of my actual email address.

until then I will only ever use the email address I have created for the purposes of iMessage.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I too have one request, please refrain from adding me to group chat's I generally don't have time to talk in a group chat.

yeah so please do not add Acronym1987@Gmail.com to any sort of group chat.

Arosemena

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
im in

i would like to try iMessage too =D

i'm a college boy studying computers science, so if you have any interest in anything related to computers and have iOS 5 i would love to meet you =D, i know english and spanish

msg me at arosemenah@gmail.com

Last edited:

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
to the moron who owns the email address irockyoursocks2008@live.com.au

quit being a dill weed and stop with the spam, this is a warning for all you people out there, who feel fit to use their real address, losers like the aforementioned email address will never stop spamming you.

as of now I am going to disable Acronym1987@Gmail.com and create a new one to which I will only give to those whom I have come to trust,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.