Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alec6542

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Today I just noticed something in iOS 6 that I think is great, although it's possible it could just be a bug.

With my JB IP 4S w/ 5.1.1, one thing I've always loved about ISX's Messages+ is the Manual Banner Dismiss feature. You know, where when you receive a banner text message, you have to manually dismiss it before it rolls away. Before I JB, sometimes I would receive a text msg banner, and at the time it came and rolled away, I was doing something else, or looking away, and would not even know I received a message. Now, when you get a notification banner, the banner stays up there until either you touch it to go to its app, push the home button, pull down the notification center, or swipe dismiss it. So far I have noticed works for Messages and Reminders. Mail, calendar, and 3rd party push notification banners still automatically dismiss themselves.
Anyone else notice this?

Camperniki

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
Panoramic

I apologize but I wasn't able to read all the pages in this forum but does anyone have a suggestion (besides hard reset and reset all) to get the panoramic setting in the camera to show up on my iPhone 4s?

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
I apologize but I wasn't able to read all the pages in this forum but does anyone have a suggestion (besides hard reset and reset all) to get the panoramic setting in the camera to show up on my iPhone 4s?

Isn't there an option when you load camera.app?

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008

I think because there must have been an issue with the update you're left with no option but to backup and restore in iTunes.

eveninghushh

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Hello, i don't think that iOS 6 is much better than iOS 5. Only there are few improvements have been done by apple as compare to iOS 5.

Last edited:

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Hello, i don't think that iOS 6 is much better than iOS 5. Only there are few improvements have been done by apple as compare to iOS 6.

u7e5eda4.jpg

Sep 10, 2012
When using the panorama feature in the camera app, if you tap the bar (where you go from left to right) it switches to right to left.

This could come in handy, depending on the situation ...

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Give this a try on the iPhone.

Open the iTunes app, tap the More tab in the bottom right. Then select Tones, then tap the button in the top right to bring up your history. The "Done" button disappears and now you are stuck in the History list. For me, the only way to get out of it is to exit the app and kill it.

Ripcord83

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Give this a try on the iPhone.

Open the iTunes app, tap the More tab in the bottom right. Then select Tones, then tap the button in the top right to bring up your history. The "Done" button disappears and now you are stuck in the History list. For me, the only way to get out of it is to exit the app and kill it.

not seeing that issue here. what phone? I'm using a 5.

floling

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
ipod function doesn't work when locked

anybody noticed, the play/pause, prev, next buttons doesn't work when the screen is locked and you double-click on the home button?
or is it just me?

cheers!

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
anybody noticed, the play/pause, prev, next buttons doesn't work when the screen is locked and you double-click on the home button?
or is it just me?

cheers!

Just you my friend, I just tested it and its working fine.

Try doing a hard reboot on the phone, it might do the trick.

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
Open mail, go to the list of your accounts there should be an edit button in the top corner. Once you press that you can drag them around

FANTASTIC!!!
It always annoyed me that my iCloud email was 1st and would always open.

That is really disappointing, I was hoping for Shared Photostreams ..... Kinda redundant, when they could just add permissions and combine everything.

100% agreed!

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
Is it me, or is Apple mail looking allot like Google mail?

The 'Pull to refresh' in all mail accounts, is a neat feature, just like Gmail, you can now no longer "Delete" a message.

I like the idea of archiving for the future and all, but i DO want to delete someday.

Instead, Apples changed this to 'Archive' when you swipe a message, or Edit in selected mailboxes.

Anone know why they chose to go down ths path?

try setting up your gmail in the Exchange connection.
guide. - http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

setup your gmail this way, when you swipe, you will get the "delete" option.

MayhemSpider

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Hi, I'm a graduate student doing some research for a professor at my university, and I have a few questions about IOS6 which I don't know where else to turn to have answered. If any of you can help or direct me to resources that may be able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. The questions I have are as follows:

*When locked, can the phone be forensically analyzed? (specifically using a Paraben Mobile Device Seizure G2?)

*What system data is encrypted?

*are stored emails, texts, notes, etc encrypted?

We are a computer lab specializing in cyber security and I am new to the program so I'm learning as I go. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

rappr

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Hi, I'm a graduate student doing some research for a professor at my university, and I have a few questions about IOS6 which I don't know where else to turn to have answered. If any of you can help or direct me to resources that may be able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. The questions I have are as follows:

*When locked, can the phone be forensically analyzed? (specifically using a Paraben Mobile Device Seizure G2?)

*What system data is encrypted?

*are stored emails, texts, notes, etc encrypted?

We are a computer lab specializing in cyber security and I am new to the program so I'm learning as I go. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

This should have everything you need to know:

http://images.apple.com/ipad/business/docs/iOS_Security_May12.pdf

andigital

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2012
UK
Is it me, or is Apple mail looking allot like Google mail?

The 'Pull to refresh' in all mail accounts, is a neat feature, just like Gmail, you can now no longer "Delete" a message.

I like the idea of archiving for the future and all, but i DO want to delete someday.

Instead, Apples changed this to 'Archive' when you swipe a message, or Edit in selected mailboxes.

Anone know why they chose to go down ths path?

You can either Archive or Delete in Gmail since iOS5 and earlier.

Just go to Settings/Mail/Gmail and turn "Archive messages" off.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 176
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.