Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcnoodle90

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
The other day I was extremely frustrated with Siri taking 30 or so seconds to start a timer I asked her "can you stick your head up your f**cking a**" and she gave me directions to Candlestick Park. Funnily enough its not a fluke she does it every time and it worked for my girlfriend too! HAHAHAHA

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    656.1 KB · Views: 4,908

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Is anyone else missing the sort on reviews in the new app store in iOS 6?
I use to read the most critical to see if there is anything wrong with the app. Now I have to browse through all of them.
Also missing the gift an app option. :mad:

What was apple thinking with this new layout?

RJwithLuke76

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Creating Split Button in IOS

I am trying to create a button for both the ipad and iphone that is a split Button (according to jquery mobile). Can this be done with iOS?

ayindesimona

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Harrisburg, PA
well iOS 6 has introduce almost 200 new features and some of them are more powerful Siri,deeper social networking integration,but I think most attracting feature of Apple is it's new in-house maps application.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
The other day I was extremely frustrated with Siri taking 30 or so seconds to start a timer I asked her "can you stick your head up your f**cking a**" and she gave me directions to Candlestick Park. Funnily enough its not a fluke she does it every time and it worked for my girlfriend too! HAHAHAHA

Lol. Siri swears ?

Something people may (Or may not) have seen:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 622

ah123

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Dunno if this has been posted already - Just noticed one in Messages - if you are looking at the list of messages, previously if you brought up the search box, you could scroll to half-hide it (and it bugged me, stupidly).

Now if you have the search box up, if you scroll up a bit to hide part of the box, it hides the whole box automatically, and if you don't have the search box, you can scroll down a bit to display a bit of it, and it'll display the whole box automatically.

No more half-displayed search boxes in Messages!

Katanae

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Here's a little thing I just found out about and really appreciate:
In the clock app, when setting a timer or alarm, you had to wait until the wheel completely stopped or else the app would ignore the change.
Now, if you touch 'start' while the wheel is still turning, it will start at the position it is currently at.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Dunno if this has been posted already - Just noticed one in Messages - if you are looking at the list of messages, previously if you brought up the search box, you could scroll to half-hide it (and it bugged me, stupidly).

Now if you have the search box up, if you scroll up a bit to hide part of the box, it hides the whole box automatically, and if you don't have the search box, you can scroll down a bit to display a bit of it, and it'll display the whole box automatically.

No more half-displayed search boxes in Messages!

Not just in Messages, but all apps that have a search function, like Mail and Notes, as well!

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I just learned that in Camera if you hold a certain spot for a while, Auto-Focus and Auto Exposure gets locked till you tap another area.

It's works in iOS 5.1 as well, tried that on my 4S.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
6.01 fixed the Facebook bug where your shared photos from an idevice wouldn't show up on your own newsfeed.

aerowave

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Chippenham, England, UK
Has anyone else noticed that since 6.0.1, the notification icons on the lock screen no longer flash/pulse when a notification comes in?

It was useful to tell what notification had just arrived if there were already a few on the lockscreen.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
Has anyone else noticed that since 6.0.1, the notification icons on the lock screen no longer flash/pulse when a notification comes in?

It was useful to tell what notification had just arrived if there were already a few on the lockscreen.

I'm sorry to sound like a noob, but what exactly are you talking about?

ah123

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011

If I'm understanding you correctly, the last time I saw that functionality was in one of the iOS5 betas... It never made it to the final iOS5 release. It's not in iOS6 anywhere, either.

aerowave

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Chippenham, England, UK
If I'm understanding you correctly, the last time I saw that functionality was in one of the iOS5 betas... It never made it to the final iOS5 release. It's not in iOS6 anywhere, either.

It was in the final because my iPad on iOS 5 does it, and I'm sure my iPhone on iOS 6 did, until the recent update.

I'm sorry to sound like a noob, but what exactly are you talking about?

I'll try and get a video to show you what I mean exactly. It's the icons that you can slide to go straight to a related app.

Edit: Here's the video of what I mean — the flashing doesn't happen with 6.0.1: http://youtu.be/j14pTM6t5v4

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
It was in the final because my iPad on iOS 5 does it, and I'm sure my iPhone on iOS 6 did, until the recent update.

I'll try and get a video to show you what I mean exactly. It's the icons that you can slide to go straight to a related app.

Edit: Here's the video of what I mean — the flashing doesn't happen with 6.0.1: http://youtu.be/j14pTM6t5v4

The flashing NEVER happened in the final release of iOS 5 or 6. It was in some early betas but was never added to the final release. It's never happened on my iPhone or any of my friends iPhones/iPads.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile

ohhhhh, that one. I thought on the home screen. (my bad :eek:)

Well I can guarantee that I DID have it on my iPad 3 (iOS 5) but NOT my iPhone 4 (iOS 5). But now in iOS 6 it doesn't seem to doing it on either one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The flashing NEVER happened in the final release of iOS 5 or 6. It was in some early betas but was never added to the final release. It's never happened on my iPhone or any of my friends iPhones/iPads.
I've seen it on iPad, at least sometimes, running iOS 5.1.1. Not sure if this is some sort of a glitch/bug (kind of sounds like it) or if it's some sort of a feature that's not really fleshed out fully, but it definitely seems to be present at least on some iPads running (non-beta) iOS 5.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
ohhhhh, that one. I thought on the home screen. (my bad :eek:)

Well I can guarantee that I DID have it on my iPad 3 (iOS 5) but NOT my iPhone 4 (iOS 5). But now in iOS 6 it doesn't seem to doing it on either one.

I never seen that pulsating icons before like the other posters. I'll check later on a 3GS that has 5.0 on it.

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland

I've had that pulsating icon in every release of iOS 5 I've used (none of them betas, all were final), both on my iPhone and iPad. iOS 6.0 as well, haven't paid attention if it really has been removed in iOS 6.0.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.