Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I've had that pulsating icon in every release of iOS 5 I've used (none of them betas, all were final), both on my iPhone and iPad. iOS 6.0 as well, haven't paid attention if it really has been removed in iOS 6.0.1.

I just find it odd that it doesn't happen on my iPhone or any of my friends iPhones/iPads.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Maybe this is old but has anyone posted that the recent calls list shows how much data was used during FaceTime calls?

Anant Kumar

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Call Log

Hey Guys,

So i got my brand new Iphone 5 (os 6.0.1) Black, used it for a couple of days, amazing phone. Since a couple of days, iam having problems with the call log. I cant delete one number or even the whole list.....:confused:

Any one having the same problem?

Help me Out guys!!!

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Hey Guys,

So i got my brand new Iphone 5 (os 6.0.1) Black, used it for a couple of days, amazing phone. Since a couple of days, iam having problems with the call log. I cant delete one number or even the whole list.....:confused:

Any one having the same problem?

Help me Out guys!!!

Working on my iPhone 5 running 6.0.1. Swipe to delete individual and edit for the rest

afterafx

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
California
Not sure if this is new in iOS6 but when I receive a notification as an alert, instead of sliding to unlock the phone. I can slide the icon of the alert and takes me straight to it. If you have a passcode code, it will obviously ask you that first. :)

Selenius

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
A girl at the bar the other night turned something "on" in his iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I have pictures of these screen shots as they are clearly either an easter egg or something that is not fully developed. It is a little white circle that you can move around the screen and when you click it, it brings up an interface which shows that you can use hand gestures and all these things i have read rumors about. We cannot figure out how it was activated!

I know this is big as i have never seen these ever before and I have been a mac fanatic since 2004

Attachments

• easter egg 2.PNG
    easter egg 2.PNG
    128.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Easter egg 1.PNG
    Easter egg 1.PNG
    120.6 KB · Views: 207
  • easter egg 3.PNG
    easter egg 3.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 215
  • easter egg 4.PNG
    easter egg 4.PNG
    128 KB · Views: 194
  • easter egg 5.PNG
    easter egg 5.PNG
    135.7 KB · Views: 218

Cevap

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2012
A girl at the bar the other night turned something "on" in his iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I have pictures of these screen shots as they are clearly either an easter egg or something that is not fully developed. It is a little white circle that you can move around the screen and when you click it, it brings up an interface which shows that you can use hand gestures and all these things i have read rumors about. We cannot figure out how it was activated!

I know this is big as i have never seen these ever before and I have been a mac fanatic since 2004

Settings -> General -> Accessability -> AssistiveTouch

Selenius

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010

Well, how embarrasing....its nothing special how do i delete my post now?

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
If downloading a free app there is no longer a need to enter a password.
Correction: If updating a free app there is no longer a need to enter a password.

When downloading free apps, you'll still be asked to enter password, which is annoying for me because my password is about 25 characters long. But when updating apps you will not need to enter password

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
Default App Selection...Maybe?

The continuing inability to choose (non-Apple) default apps is still driving me crazy on a daily basis. I really miss this feature from my old droid. Maybe with Tim Cook's mea culpa over Maps, Apple will consider opening up some options here?

(Yes, I know about jailbreaking. Thanks!)

Ah, to dream... :rolleyes:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not really directly related to IOS 6, in fact, I can't beleive Apple hasan't done anything about this yet :-

The problem is if you actvate iPhone over Cellular the Time is incorrect. Its still set for Cupertino, yet if you activate via iTunes all is ok.

Have confirmed this happens all the time over Cellular.

Turning the iPhone off, back on doesn't help, neither does Carrier Update i get.

Only workaround is to temporarily turn off "Set Automatic" , then manually set Time Zone as required, then turn "Set Automatic" back on...

Drives me nuts.. But its the only way.

champagnepapi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Is the screen supposed to turn on when using the volume rockers on the phone? I can't remember my 4 doing this on iOS 6.0.1 but my 5 does it. Pretty annoying actually.

Sorry if this question is misplaced but I didn't want to start a new thread.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Is the screen supposed to turn on when using the volume rockers on the phone? I can't remember my 4 doing this on iOS 6.0.1 but my 5 does it. Pretty annoying actually.

My 4S does not.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

My 4S did during the iOS betas, but stopped in the last beta, didn't do it in iOS 6 after that, but my iPhone 5 does it and it bugs me.

vicky07

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
iOS 6 is the latest version of iOS mobile operating system from Apple Inc.

The built-in Maps app uses Apple's new vector-based engine that eliminates the lag present while downloading bitmaps from Google's servers, making for smoother zooming. New to Maps is turn-by-turn navigation spoken directions in certain countries, 3D views in some major cities and real-time traffic.[4] Turn-by-turn navigation is only available for iPhone 4S or later and iPad 2 or later with cellular capability, while 3D views are only available for iPhone 4S or later, iPod touch 5th generation, and iPad 2 or later.[5]
Another change would include the inability to download Podcasts through the regular iTunes application. Instead, users are prompted to download the official Podcasts App in order to continue.
iOS 6 brings the retrieval of documents such as boarding passes, admission tickets, coupons and loyalty cards through its new Passbook app. An iOS device with Passbook can be scanned under a reader to process a mobile payment at participating locations. The app has context-aware features such as notifications for relevant coupons when in the immediate vicinity of a given store.

And alot more features in this one.

----------

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
Sorry if I have missed it, I admit I haven't been through 68 pages to look.

Say for example if I am using twitter and I click on a link someone has tweeted and it opens my safari app and loads the link, is there an easier way to get back to twitter rather than having to press the home button, swipe back to the screen safari twitter is on then click on twitter again?

That's just an example, any app that opens another app I mean if that makes sense.

champagnepapi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Sorry if I have missed it, I admit I haven't been through 68 pages to look.

Say for example if I am using twitter and I click on a link someone has tweeted and it opens my safari app and loads the link, is there an easier way to get back to twitter rather than having to press the home button, swipe back to the screen safari twitter is on then click on twitter again?

That's just an example, any app that opens another app I mean if that makes sense.

Double tap on the homebutton and the multitasking bar will appear.

jtrag

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Pennsylvania USA
iOS 6.0.1 Volume Rocker/Button does NOT turn screen on when pressed.

My 4S has iOS 6.0.1 and does NOT turn on when I press the volume rockers/buttons. I just tried it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.