Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
My calendar day view shows the wrong day(in fact it's always the previous day). Is this a common issue?

I searched around and it seems like a lot of people have this problem, myself included.

I have 3 accounts using calendars, two of them were exchange, the other icloud (with multiple calendars). I turned off the two exchange calendars and restarted my phone, and it is now showing today's events. I turned the one exchange calendar back on that I actually use (work) and now my work items are showing up, still showing today's calendar. Hopefully that has fixed it.

In short, try turning calendars off and rebooting and then turning them back on.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
The only issues that bug me (no pun intended) are that my twitter notification sounds seem to be a bit off, as if it's trying to sound twice for one alert, and that using Siri seems to stop the message notifications, lock screen and keyboard sounds from working until you switch them off and back on again.

I can't imagine it being too long before a beta 2 update, iOS6 got one almost every 3 weeks. Can't wait for iTunes radio in the UK either.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
The only issues that bug me (no pun intended) are that my twitter notification sounds seem to be a bit off, as if it's trying to sound twice for one alert, and that using Siri seems to stop the message notifications, lock screen and keyboard sounds from working until you switch them off and back on again.

I can't imagine it being too long before a beta 2 update, iOS6 got one almost every 3 weeks. Can't wait for iTunes radio in the UK either.

Yah the notifications sounds like 4-5 times for me. Really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Anaemik

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
Can anyone confirm that Control Centre doesn't offer the option to enable and disable mobile data/3G/4G? That's the feature that causes me to dig down into Settings more than any other, and I was really hoping that Control Centre would offer quick and easy access to it, like it does with WiFi. I see no evidence of it from the screenshots I've seen so far though. That would prove to be a very frustrating omission IMO.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Can anyone confirm that Control Centre doesn't offer the option to enable and disable mobile data/3G/4G? That's the feature that causes me to dig down into Settings more than any other, and I was really hoping that Control Centre would offer quick and easy access to it, like it does with WiFi. I see no evidence of it from the screenshots I've seen so far though. That would prove to be a very frustrating omission IMO.

No such luck I'm afraid, it has airplane mode, wifi, Bluetooth, do not disturb and rotation lock. I'd love one for personal hotspot more than anything, even though I don't use it that often, just because I'll never use rotation lock.

They should replace do not disturb with cellular data and rotation with hotspot, then it would be perfect.

Last edited:

Anaemik

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
Thanks for the confirmation. That's a shame. It would be so much better if they had made control centre configurable. I, for one, never need to turn Bluetooth on, so that button in particular would be useless for me and could be replaced with something much more convenient.

kamran9558

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
ios 7 beta is good enough for daily use imho but like others have said its a bit laggy overall, is it just me who absolutely hates the ios 7 incoming call screen??

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the confirmation. That's a shame. It would be so much better if they had made control centre configurable. I, for one, never need to turn Bluetooth on, so that button in particular would be useless for me and could be replaced with something much more convenient.

While that option is not in Control Center, the Cellular section of Settings is no longer in General but instead it's on the front Settings page so you don't have to dig in as much.

Anaemik

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2009
While that option is not in Control Center, the Cellular section of Settings is no longer in General but instead it's on the front Settings page so you don't have to dig in as much.

Thanks. Oh well, one less click is better than nothing I suppose :)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Fair? On pace for 12+ hours usage... That's a whole lot better than fair. How much of that is listening to music, if any?

None. my iPhone 5 is no longer my primary phone, so I listen to music on a secondary device. iPhone 5 is used for App testing and development. As well as enjoying IOS 7:D:D:cool:.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Mail sorting

Why haven't they added the ability to sort inboxes, folders, etc by unread, sender, etc.

I have 6 email accounts and when I have 15 new messages spread across them, I'd like to see all unread messages at the top.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
Anyone experience your phone just shutting off and not being able to turn it back on except with the home button and on/off button??? It happened on my iPhone 5.. just wondering if anyone else has had that happen?

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Why haven't they added the ability to sort inboxes, folders, etc by unread, sender, etc.

I have 6 email accounts and when I have 15 new messages spread across them, I'd like to see all unread messages at the top.

Why don't you use one of the new Smart Mailboxes?

There's one pre configured for unread emails.

Go back to the mailbox view in Mail.app, click "Edit" in the upper right corner, then check the checkbox on "Unread".

Now you have a mailbox showing only unread emails.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Why don't you use one of the new Smart Mailboxes?

There's one pre configured for unread emails.

Go back to the mailbox view in Mail.app, click "Edit" in the upper right corner, then check the checkbox on "Unread".

Now you have a mailbox showing only unread emails.

that's ok. unfortunately it adds yet another mailbox in my list and I have 6 accounts (ridiculously), one icloud, one gmail, one for teaching, and 3 for work, and believe it or not it would actually be nice to apply the sort to individual accounts on the fly whereas your solution shows me all unread emails across all accounts. But I suppose it will have to do.

Like I said I would prefer to see the sort functionality come into the view mode rather than a smart mailbox.

gh4master97

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
will my unlocked iphone 5 running ios 7 beta 2 work in israel?

hello, i have an iphone 5 running on sprint that is currently running on ios7 beta 2 because i was able to bypass the UDID activation check. i called sprint and they had to factory restore my phone to unlock my phone by erasing all my content and settings. after it erased, i could not reactivate my phone under ios7 after i got a message saying activation error, your not a developer and your phone could not be activated. i downgraded back to ios 6.1.4 and i was able to activate my phone and the guy at sprint international support told me that the unlock was successful. i then upgraded back to ios 7 beta 2 with no problems and restored all my data. im worried now that the pre-paid sim card running on orange-israel that i bought for when i travel to israel in about a week wont be able to activate on the iphone and will give me an activation error like what happened recently when i factory restored my phone running iOS 7 to unlock the phone. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, have had problems like this or are in the same position as me?

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
hello, i have an iphone 5 running on sprint that is currently running on ios7 beta 2 because i was able to bypass the UDID activation check. i called sprint and they had to factory restore my phone to unlock my phone by erasing all my content and settings. after it erased, i could not reactivate my phone under ios7 after i got a message saying activation error, your not a developer and your phone could not be activated. i downgraded back to ios 6.1.4 and i was able to activate my phone and the guy at sprint international support told me that the unlock was successful. i then upgraded back to ios 7 beta 2 with no problems and restored all my data. im worried now that the pre-paid sim card running on orange-israel that i bought for when i travel to israel in about a week wont be able to activate on the iphone and will give me an activation error like what happened recently when i factory restored my phone running iOS 7 to unlock the phone. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, have had problems like this or are in the same position as me?

First of all, why would you post in the BETA 1 THREAD?

So, you're not a developer, and clearly have no clue what you're doing since you had to call Sprint to figure out how to restore your phone?

To answer your question, it won't be a problem because iOS 6 is actually made, you know, for the general public. Instead of being a beta build intended for developers to test their apps.

Hope you learned your lesson...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.