Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Anyone find this black mode or whatever it's called, I'm not talking about the invert colors thing. Apparently there was some other feature I guess

I think the black mode you've been hearing about, is simply using a black background - as much of the GUI takes on the characteristics of the Background image installed...

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
iOS 7 feels a little sluggish or am I the only one who thinks this? I'm on a iPhone 5.

On my 4s its really bad, im using 64gb model with a lot of free storage so thats not the problem; things like going back to homescreen, open and closing folders lag a lot, safari is super slow and i feel battery is more ******.

Def not going to keep my 4s for much longer, its either iphone 5 or go back to ios 6 and wait for the new iphone.

patchel

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
Has anybody successfully changed Siri's voice to Male? The option is not there unless i disable siri then enable it again. I choose the male option but it keeps going back to female. Tried the UK english as well but still does not work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371013062.120535.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371013076.252126.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371013091.140200.jpg

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
On my 4s its really bad, im using 64gb model with a lot of free storage so thats not the problem; things like going back to homescreen, open and closing folders lag a lot, safari is super slow and i feel battery is more ******.

Def not going to keep my 4s for much longer, its either iphone 5 or go back to ios 6 and wait for the new iphone.

My iPhone 5 has no lag, yet some phones do. My guess, the lag will be fixed in Beta 2. Battery life of my iPhone 5 is fair. Installed IOS 7 last night around 11. 100%. My Phone is now 62%. 6 hours of usage, 10 hours of standby.

patchel

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
Voice change will probably be available at a later beta or left out of the beta and placed in the final release.

You may be right. Thanks! I thought it may have been something wrong done on my end. I am considering doing a restore since I just updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.

Also, how about the kids section in the appstore? I can't find it anywhere.

snakes-

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
To switch battery percentage dosent work, i want turn it off but there always show me the percent.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
battery

Battery is AWFUL. Draining, and charging back up have issues. iPhone 5 went from 100% to 75% in 2 hours. Then once it got down real low I plugged it in for an hour. Only went from 0%-35%. Phone also gets freaking hot. Literally burned my finger tips on the edges.

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
My iPhone 5 has no lag, yet some phones do. My guess, the lag will be fixed in Beta 2. Battery life of my iPhone 5 is fair. Installed IOS 7 last night around 11. 100%. My Phone is now 62%. 6 hours of usage, 10 hours of standby.
Fair? On pace for 12+ hours usage... That's a whole lot better than fair. How much of that is listening to music, if any?

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Now that data is broken down app by app and you can turn of specific apps data can you set a data warning limit?

So you get notified that you're approaching x amount of usage vs having to check?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Is it against the rules here to beg to be added to a developers account :p

Yes.

We know that many of you are anxious to try the beta versions of OS X Mavericks and iOS 7, the only way to legally do so it to be a registered developer of Apple software.

We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
No battery issues here on my iPhone 5; I set it up as a new device.

Also battery life will be less because you'll be using it more to play with features...

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Has anybody successfully changed Siri's voice to Male? The option is not there unless i disable siri then enable it again. I choose the male option but it keeps going back to female. Tried the UK english as well but still does not work.

Was going to test this for you from the UK but it's a shame that, in this beta, you have to disable Siri before the menu option appears as it tells you that you will lose all interactions & fine tunings to date if you did.

Unfortunately.

ghaghamashibaba

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
Homescreen Problem

Anyone else having this problem? The homescreen does not fit, after a reboot everything is back to normal.

Attachments

• foto.PNG
    foto.PNG
    576.2 KB · Views: 91

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
No battery issues here on my iPhone 5; I set it up as a new device.

Also battery life will be less because you'll be using it more to play with features...

Honestly feel the same thing with the overall battery usage complaints.

Tests by True developers (who have multiple phones) will be more realistic than most posts we see on here.

Having been through a few of these cycles, Battery life complaints (especially on Beta, or fresh public release) should be noted, but not taken too seriously.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Battery is AWFUL. Draining, and charging back up have issues. iPhone 5 went from 100% to 75% in 2 hours. Then once it got down real low I plugged it in for an hour. Only went from 0%-35%. Phone also gets freaking hot. Literally burned my finger tips on the edges.

Care to take a picture of your burnt finger with your iPhone? Consider it a camera test if you want :p

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
Anyone else having this problem? The homescreen does not fit, after a reboot everything is back to normal.

been addressed before, some sort of battery saving mode when it drops below certain threshold it seems.

----------

on the same boat here, but I did mine as restore and my wife's as a new device, seems like hers is running much better, might do the same on my own tonight.

----------

Anyone find this black mode or whatever it's called, I'm not talking about the invert colors thing. Apparently there was some other feature I guess

if you go under the general/accessibility you will find an "invert colors" option, that gives you some back fonts...and lots of awful pinks too :D

Botts85

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2007
Honestly feel the same thing with the overall battery usage complaints.

Tests by True developers (who have multiple phones) will be more realistic than most posts we see on here.

Having been through a few of these cycles, Battery life complaints (especially on Beta, or fresh public release) should be noted, but not taken too seriously.

Testing on multiple phones confirms that YMMV with battery life.
One iPhone 4 seems to have gotten noticeably better.
One iPhone 4 seems to be about the same.
2 iPhone 5s seem drastically reduced.
2 iPhone 5s are about the same.
On the other phones with different users it appears that use pattern has a bigger influence on iOS 7 than iOS 6.

"Power users" i.e. those on my team that have juice packs because we already use a full charge about 1.2x per work day are seeing about 2 hours of battery life. Users who are using them around 1x per hour and can end a work day at around 20% battery life on iOS 6 are getting about the same.

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
My iphone 5 running ios7 beta crashed this am, and wouldn't wake up until a reboot. As a result, my alarm didn't go off and I missed my early am appointment.

Word to the wise, don't make the mistake I did and run this new OS on your daily driver!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.