Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VacTacks11

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Anyone else missing the Alert Style buttons? Not showing for any of the notifications

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 190

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
There are animated backgrounds! Neat!

BUT you can really feel that this is a beta. Not very polished. Animations are too slow in my opinion, so the overall interface feels slow.

Definitely needs more polish!

That makes me sad :(

That's one thing I love the most about iOS: the smoothness of the transitions and overall navigation.

Don't worry, it's still beta 1. Developers will give feedback to Apple and within time, in each beta they release, they will improve the smoothness of IOS. It happened in previous versions, it will happen with this one aswell. ;)

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
The main thing that I don't like is it seems really jerky when opening a folder. That's just a common beta problem I am sure. Overall, I am enjoying it. I just wish my eBay app would still work.

mchart

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
Beyond the stuff that has been mentioned the serious bug I've found is relating to music.

-Unable to put new songs from the desktop to the iPhone. iTunes lets me drag the songs onto the iphone, but instead of uploading the songs will just sit there doing nothing and the song will appear greyed out on the list in iTunes like it is still being uploaded - but it isn't.

Meanwhile, on the iPhone itself if you download using the iTunes store app it will download the song fine, but the cover art in the search menu's will be of a different song, and change every time you refresh the page.

Basically, there are some serious issues with the music app and with iTunes currently.

Mind you, this could be because I did an 'upgrade' instead of a restore. Because of this maybe there is a conflict with the old music playlists on there.

Other then that, works pretty good on my iPhone 5.

My banking app has some mild display issues, but it works good enough where it isn't a problem.

All the games I have work just fine as well. I suspect most games will work with iOS 7 without many problems since most draw their own menu's and what not.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Oh my god, the calendar has become the worst EVER!!

1) In month view (where you see all the days in the month), you can't see if there is an event on that day. All days looks the same (in iOS 6, there was a dot on that date if there was an event).
2) WHEN you click a day, it automatically turns to day-view, where you need to scroll up and down to view the events. Prior to iOS 7, when tapping a day, you got a list of all events that day. No longer! You have to scroll through the whole day to see the events.

This is just sad......

That's bad!

GSewall350

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2010
Is anyone else really enjoying iTunes Radio? I understand there is essentially no difference between it and Pandora. But, as with most Apple products, having seamless integration really makes for a good experience. I like being able to purchase songs right from the music app.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Is anyone else really enjoying iTunes Radio? I understand there is essentially no difference between it and Pandora. But, as with most Apple products, having seamless integration really makes for a good experience. I like being able to purchase songs right from the music app.

Was listening to it last night and 10 songs later got my first commercial. Not very bothersome and heck I don't remember what it was. 5 or so later I got my second one but it was saying I was listening to iTunes radio... Overall, awesome!

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Overall, I like the look and feel of iOS 7, and other than some glitches and stutter issues (which I presume will be taken care of over time), it's a welcome upgrade.

However, some big issues:

-More color contrast and lime definition needed in Messages interface
-Calendar interface needs retooling. I want to see events I have in a day, but the hourly breakdown if I select a day.
-More color contrast and line definition needed in text against light backgrounds (particularly app names).
-Add option for quicker screen turnoff, similar to that of iOS 1-6

finalcut

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Apple Developer website is saying 24 hours to send code by email so I can download and install ios7 beta 1. Is it really 24 hours you guys usually receive it faster?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

Except all the songs are clean versions. But yes I love it.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Hoping they add more options to the music app, not really liking the albums being sorted by year.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Organizing your apps via iTunes causes folders with more than 9 apps to kick out the 10th+ app in the folder to a new page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.