Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cgdoc519

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012
California
Is anyone else really enjoying iTunes Radio? I understand there is essentially no difference between it and Pandora. But, as with most Apple products, having seamless integration really makes for a good experience. I like being able to purchase songs right from the music app.

Agreed! I am so far very pleased with iTunes radio. It's very simple and I love being able to swipe up from and screen and like or dislike a song.

----------

I miss my Tap To Tweet and Tap To Post buttons. :(

I was thinking the same thing last night. I went to post a tweet and was like "wait a minute....." Its ok though, still enjoying it.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
So, I've managed to crash Springboard 3-5 times while moving apps inside a folder. Apps crashed about 5 times. Everything happened in about 5 hours.

• Some UI elements are not properly placed, they overlay each other.
• While scrolling, on Safari, buttons re-appear randomly.
• If you want to shut down your phone, there are black bars, like in old apps, that weren't updated for 4" screen.
• There's no weather in NC, I wonder why…

Let's hope to see Beta 2 soon.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
So, I've managed to crash Springboard 3-5 times while moving apps inside a folder. Apps crashed about 5 times. Everything happened in about 5 hours.

• If you want to shut down your phone, there are black bars, like in old apps, that weren't updated for 4" screen.

chill man...its only been 1 day since the beta has been released. The GM will be released in the fall, so don't expect a beta for another 1-2 more months.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

For weather to show up in the NC you have to have location services enabled for the weather app. I hope they change this in the future.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
I am just hoping to see it soon. I am calm :D

It is enabled, I get some kind of weather for my Calendar events, but nothing like in iOS 6, current conditions and one week forecast.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I am just hoping to see it soon. I am calm :D

It is enabled, I get some kind of weather for my Calendar events, but nothing like in iOS 6, current conditions and one week forecast.

Oh. Yeah that's all you're going to get as far as I know. There's no weather widget anymore.

StianSylta

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
Norway.
Transparent dock...

Hi, folks. New here.

Was wondering if I am the only one where the dock is not transparent on iOS7?
Looks like a bright grey square and does not match background image.

Also, I keep getting weird sms messages from a number abroad saying "REG-RESP? And lots of numbers" have gotten several now. Different numbers, same beginning.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Hi, folks. New here.

Was wondering if I am the only one where the dock is not transparent on iOS7?
Looks like a bright grey square and does not match background image.

This may be the case on iPhone 4, to increase performance.

stainless

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Colorado
Another nice thing to know: Safari in iOS 7 passes the HTML5 test with 404 and 9 bonus points.

Hi, Can you test if Web App download!? app.ft.com (this is the Financial Times website that downloads like a App to the iOS desktop in iOS6.)

Thanks!
Stainelss

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
[/COLOR]
Hi, Can you test if Web App download!? app.ft.com (this is the Financial Times website that downloads like a App to the iOS desktop in iOS6.)

Thanks!
Stainelss

Just tested this. Downloads the app, but when you launch it the home button will not take you back to the desktop. I had to hard reset the phone to leave the app.

stainless

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Colorado
Just tested this. Works fine.

Many Thanks for the quick reply! Do you mind posting a screenshot of the "save to home screen" or is it just the same as iOS6? Ie. Is it still just as easy (much easier then Android) or one more step complicated?

Good energy to you! :)

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, must be an iPhone 4 thing. Wonder if they are going to change that at all. I'd rather have no box at all than this square, grey block.

I think it is just a bug. Bring up the control center (or open any app folders) and you can see the wallpaper through it. The new keyboard is translucent, etc. So it is possible but just not working for whatever reason. :(

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
Battery and Push Notifications

So far everything has been working fine on mine. I'm using the iPhone 5. The only problem is it is SUCKING my battery life. I had to recharge 4 times today and I barely even used it. It died once and almost a second time.

Also, push notifications don't always come through. I use Whatsapp and most of the time those wouldn't come through. At least when I was waiting for a specific message they wouldn't. They would come through if I opened the app and closed it, then got a message almost immediately following. If I got a message a while after I closed it, it wouldn't push through any other messages until I opened it again. I didn't get a message until 20 minutes later and I opened the app.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Many Thanks for the quick reply! Do you mind posting a screenshot of the "save to home screen" or is it just the same as iOS6? Ie. Is it still just as easy (much easier then Android) or one more step complicated?

It downloads fine (the same way as iOS 6) but you cannot exit the web app. The Home button will not exit the app. Very strange. I had to restart the phone.

Firen

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Vienna, Austria

Foto%202.PNG
Foto%201.PNG

"Zum Home-Bildschirm" = save to home screen
"Hinzufügen" = add

So yeah, it's as easy as it was before.

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think someone here said they could not forward a iMessage. I figured it out. press and hold on the bubble with the text you want to forward, a menu will popup, select more, then the up-arrow on the bottom.

A new message will compose with the selected text included.

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this or posted but, on my friends iPhone, instead of the Circle Signal Indicator, it now says GPRS.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Its not really all that new. (This wasnt system wide in iOS - just the apps listed)

While not new, per se, it is different. The old setting was in the Accessibility menu and allowed for HUGE text sizes. The new setting (Text Size) is in the General menu and allows for larger, but definitely not HUGE text sizes.

There is also still a setting--Larger Text--in the Accessibility menu. In there you can also adjust dynamic type size--same as in the Text Size menu. But there is also a "Larger Dynamic Type" toggle that allows the huge sizes like before.

So, to me it has been modified to be more of a preference for all, rather than something targeted at those with really challenging eyesight.

Michael

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Anyone find this black mode or whatever it's called, I'm not talking about the invert colors thing. Apparently there was some other feature I guess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.