Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
To paraphrase AppAdvice: Apple will release the GM tomorrow, unless they don't.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Reports are saying we'll get the iOS 7 GM tomorrow. Personally, I doubt it, but I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility. I think it depends on two things: First, whether the GM is ready. If it is, then I think it depends on how much attention Apple wants to give iOS 7 at the iPhone event.

They may have some surprises in the GM that they plan to unveil at the Event. If so, we won't see the GM until that day.

But it's also possible that the GM looks exactly like beta 6 with the bugs squashed. In that case, why wait? Indeed, Apple might want the iPhone event to focus exclusively on the iPhone. They might not want the unveiling of the final version of iOS 7 to steal any of the iPhone's thunder. If they release the GM a week ahead of time, it'll be old news by the time of the Event, and all attention can be given to the new iPhone(s).

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

What reports?

Let me tell you, it's not like the GM will be finished the day of the event, but in no way they will seed the GM before the event, that's simply not good business/marketing.

Could it be ready tomorrow? Yes, because they need time to install the software in the new phones and time to ship them worldwide. They also seed the GM to Apple partners days before developers.

So, yeah, it's possible that iOS 7 GM could be ready tomorrow, but no, we mortals won't be able to see it until the Apple event.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
I was rather raging about how the date format was already peacefully discussed at the top of the thread, still this guy has to moan again and couldn't see what they've already written or needed to disrespect someone for his sake.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Please read the topic of the thread before making a comment.

Thanks.

Oh. My apologies that I didn't read the entire thread TITLE. I did, however, read every response and the article linked which, by the way, says nothing about beta 6 expiring today unless you're taking Mr. Wolfe's word as Apple's declaration that they are officially done testing.

Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Stay on topic.

The date format is immaterial. The OP used the correct format for his location, please be a bit more sensitive to others. The only thing that will come out of this, is that the thread will be locked, so lets discuss the GM and not the date format.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
If those running iPhone 5C leaked videos are true, I reckon Devs will see GM this week.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If those running iPhone 5C leaked videos are true, I reckon Devs will see GM this week.

Whether they're real or not means nothing. The GM is loaded onto devices ahead of time in order for them to be in stores and ready to be sold on time. This happens every year and the GM is never released prior to an event because all people have to do is look through the code and things that aren't announced yet can be found.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin

Its nothing special that there are already devices with the GM/iOS7. All the new iPhones have to be loaded with the GM and shipped all over the world for the purposed launch date at sept 20th. So I dont think we see the GM this week. Additionally in the GM would be hints of iPhone 5S exclusive features. That means no GM before the event. Probably Apple is already working on 7.0.1

Edit: damn too late..

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Its nothing special that there are already devices with the GM/iOS7. All the new iPhones have to be loaded with the GM and shipped all over the world for the purposed launch date at sept 20th. So I dont think we see the GM this week. Additionally in the GM would be hints of iPhone 5S exclusive features. That means no GM before the event. Probably Apple is already working on 7.0.1

Edit: damn too late..

What would be on the GM that wasn't already in the previous betas, namely the latest ones?

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
GM tomorrow?

If Apple does indeed release the GM tomorrow, then they could be planning on releasing iOS7 on September 10th.

Last edited:

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
U said no links existed and he produced 2

I could sign up for a free blog and claim that iOS 8 will come out a month after iOS 7 is released. Would a link to my blog convince you of my ridiculous "information"?

When someone asks for links or doubts the existence of such links, it's implied that the person is referring to credible sources.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010

Well technically he produced a link to the AppAdvice article and a link for a story that referenced AppAdvice. Without a 2nd source I'm going with the majority here. GM has historically been released to developers the day of announcement. I see no reason for that to change. Keep in mind the intended audience is now the general public and press, most of which have no ideas what to expect. Kind of takes the edge off the event if the final product is widely available.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

They're nothing credible and one of them is just one crediting the other. It's just a site hoping they're right so they get more traffic and credibility if correct. If they end up being right, good for them, but App Advice isn't known for having accurate pre-announcement/launch knowledge.

I still don't see a GM launching until the event due to the fact that Apple has never done that and because it could potentially reveal information prematurely.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
They might not want the unveiling of the final version of iOS 7 to steal any of the iPhone's thunder.

They rarely give much if any attention to iOS at the iPhone hardware event. A quick recap perhaps and talk about a couple of features exclusive to the new model and that's it.

AppleFreak29

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Illinois
One more...

Im thinking one more Beta yet in my opinion. iPad 2 still rather buggy in basic tasks. (Auto lock by case. Unlocks then a few moments later reboots every time) Who knows though. This is apple we are talking about. All we need to do is wait it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.