Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
It will come out the day the keynote is presented

Last year, iOS 6 GM went online after the iPhone 5 keynote on september 12.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
What reports?

Let me tell you, it's not like the GM will be finished the day of the event, but in no way they will seed the GM before the event, that's simply not good business/marketing.

Could it be ready tomorrow? Yes, because they need time to install the software in the new phones and time to ship them worldwide. They also seed the GM to Apple partners days before developers.

So, yeah, it's possible that iOS 7 GM could be ready tomorrow, but no, we mortals won't be able to see it until the Apple event.

Ummm it's quite easy for mere mortals with half a brain to install the GM or any previous beta since Apple is not forcing a check on developer UDIDs.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Ummm it's quite easy for mere mortals with half a brain to install the GM or any previous beta since Apple is not forcing a check on developer UDIDs.

"So, yeah, it's possible that iOS 7 GM could be ready tomorrow, but no, we mortals won't be able to see it until the Apple event."

I was talking about the GM, that Apple partners get it few days before the Apple event and that the GM has to be ready before the Apple event so it can be installed in the new iPhones.

You won't get the GM before the Apple event.

After the presentation of the new iPhone and iOS 7, yes, even you can install the GM, not before.

Last edited by a moderator:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not fall
It's September, it's considered fall by typical business/marketing/colloquial standards.

----------

Well, Sept. 2nd is basically done with and...nothing. Yet another pointless failed prediction. If sites make one for everyday one of the days will be correct and that will be some sort of a big win for those sites, right? :rolleyes:

cjc811wvfd73

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
I think they may.. Only because this beta period has been such a drastic change.. So yeah, there is a CHANCE of it before the media event IMO.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i think there is 0 chance of it before the event because every single GM showed up after the event. invites are likely today but thats about it.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Apple leaks are saying they have a surprise for consumers, as the staff is prepping for iOS 7. This could mean either the release of iOS 7 being on the 10th, like Nuance was saying (I suspect nuance is an Apple partner, and therefore has the GM, which could mean the GM could come to devs early.) OR, Apple will unveil one of their new product lines, being a TV or a Watch, and that will be the surprise Apple is talking about. I am still waiting for Apple Invites to surface, before I get hyped for a September 10th event.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
"So, yeah, it's possible that iOS 7 GM could be ready tomorrow, but no, we mortals won't be able to see it until the Apple event."

I was talking about the GM, that Apple partners get it few days before the Apple event and that the GM has to be ready before the Apple event so it can be installed in the new iPhones.

You won't get the GM before the Apple event.

After the presentation of the new iPhone and iOS 7, yes, even you can install the GM, not before.

Fair enough. I was talking as if it were released to devs. You are talking about releasing to carrier partners.

Last edited by a moderator:

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Yes, those are the technical/scientific dates, which don't exactly line up when it comes to business/marketing/colloquial season divisions that I mentioned.

So you are the kind of people that puts Christmas decorations on October?

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Apple leaks are saying they have a surprise for consumers, as the staff is prepping for iOS 7. This could mean either the release of iOS 7 being on the 10th, like Nuance was saying (I suspect nuance is an Apple partner, and therefore has the GM, which could mean the GM could come to devs early.) OR, Apple will unveil one of their new product lines, being a TV or a Watch, and that will be the surprise Apple is talking about. I am still waiting for Apple Invites to surface, before I get hyped for a September 10th event.

Could the surprise be the new iPhones? Particularly the coloured 5C.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Could the surprise be the announcement though?

Although I am a Member of the Apple Developer Program, I do NOT work for Apple.

I am referring to the 09/02 Rumor in the text below NOT the 09/10 Rumor about the GM getting Released.

Whatever the surprise is, it will be most welcome, I don't particularly like rumors, and yes I do realize that this website is call Macrumors, and that unlike most Forums that I participate in this website does allow Rumors. I just call for some common sence like the chances of the GM Seed coming out on a Monday that is a U.S.A. National Holiday, is just plain NOT common sence!

Last edited:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Folks, the GM is already done. It's been installed on all the iPhones that have shipped to the US. There won't be any other release until the event. It wouldn't make any sense at this point to let the cat out of the bag before the big event. We'll mostly likely see some surprises in iOS 7, but no big visual changes. Just relax and enjoy the event :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
according to both my local newspaper and I may have also read this on neowin.net, the IPhone 5S is NOT supposed to go on sale until the 20th.
None of that really means it will or won't happen for sure--just what people currently believe will be the case given all the available information so far (without actually having factual confirmation from Apple itself, which is really the only real/final word when it comes to things of that nature).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.