Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccard3dev

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
Michigan, US
For some reason my Chrome icon keeps reverting back to the original. Anybody know what the deal is?

When an app is updated, it reverts back to the original icon (this can be very annoying for those who like new icons ;) If Chrome is set to auto-update, then the icon will auto-revert at the same time.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When an app is updated, it reverts back to the original icon (this can be very annoying for those who like new icons ;) If Chrome is set to auto-update, then the icon will auto-revert at the same time.

That's what I figured, thanks for the clarification!! I turned auto-update off.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Really dig the icons matching iOS7. It all seems to make more sense to have them be the same between Mac and my devices.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 6.37.12 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 6.37.12 AM.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 397

OcieGo

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
This is fantastic guys! Thanks to everyone for posting. I was missing the Clear and Day One icons, and I found them here...many thanks. I'm now on the hunt for the Leaf news reader iOS 7 style icon...has anyone seen that around?

ALSO...How do you change an icon of a third party app that changes? For instance, the Leaf news reader app is red when closed, but green when open. I changed the icon like one normally would, but it only stays that when when closed. Once I open it, it goes to the original icon, but with a different color.

Thanks again guys!

Nick

Last edited:

OcieGo

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
As you can see...the leaf icon on the very bottom is the only icon I can't change. I went into the resources folder of the app, and found both icons that the app uses, and changed both of them to what I want...however this makes the app unusable...it won't even open. Any ideas?

L50BNus.png

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
As you can see...the leaf icon on the very bottom is the only icon I can't change. I went into the resources folder of the app, and found both icons that the app uses, and changed both of them to what I want...however this makes the app unusable...it won't even open. Any ideas?

It sounds like you changed the wrong file. First, change the files back to the originals. For the icon when the app is closed, just change it in the Applications folder like you would any other. Now, for the icon when the app is open, what was the name of the icon file you tried to change? Also in the Contents folder of the app is there a Plugins folder?

OcieGo

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
It sounds like you changed the wrong file. First, change the files back to the originals. For the icon when the app is closed, just change it in the Applications folder like you would any other. Now, for the icon when the app is open, what was the name of the icon file you tried to change? Also in the Contents folder of the app is there a Plugins folder?

For the icon for when the app is closed, I did just as you said. For when the app is closed it went into the contents folder (there is no Plugins folders) and changed the green icon you see here. It called leef-feedly.icns. I changed the icon just as I would normally. This made it crash. Then I just replaced the icon with another icon with the same name...also made the app crash/not open.

F5zkqun.jpg

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
For the icon for when the app is closed, I did just as you said. For when the app is closed it went into the contents folder (there is no Plugins folders) and changed the green icon you see here. It called leef-feedly.icns. I changed the icon just as I would normally. This made it crash. Then I just replaced the icon with another icon with the same name...also made the app crash/not open.

The .icns extension means it's an icon set. If you open it up in Preview you'll see that it is not a single image, but it's that icon at various sizes. You should try making an icon set of your own icon to replace this one. There is a way to do this through Terminal, but I have found an easier way is to use a free app called FastIcns. It doesn't make a 1024x1024 sized icon, but in the dock you won't notice. I wouldn't think this would make the app crash, but if your replacement icon was the wrong size then you never know.

johnLongview

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
First off, a big thank-you to Humex for linking many of these to their original sources (DeviantArt, in my case.) I'm no professional designer, but it's great to see how many people are using these icons. It's been great to give back to the community after years of using others' icon designs.

I've also added a Tweetbot icon to my page. As mentioned it's simply the official iOS 7 icon dropped into the template by DeviantArt user iynque, but it looks much more "right" than what I'd been using before (and what some of you are using now, from what I see in screenshots.)

If anyone has requests, let me know. As mentioned, this is just a hobby, but if I feel like I can do justice to it, I'll give it a go.

OcieGo

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
I'm lacking in photoshop skills. Is there anyway someone could please make this into an iOS7-like icon for my dock?

Icon512.png

OcieGo

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
My icons are all iOS7-ified with the exception of the Calendar app, ForkLift, and Homebudget. I spent the last hour looking all over for these, and I can't seem to find it.

I found a calendar one, but it is not the same style/font as iOS7.

I also found a Forklift icon but it is a .png file, and changing the file name to .icns won't work.

Any ideas?

Humex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
First off, a big thank-you to Humex for linking many of these to their original sources (DeviantArt, in my case.) I'm no professional designer, but it's great to see how many people are using these icons. It's been great to give back to the community after years of using others' icon designs.

I've also added a Tweetbot icon to my page. As mentioned it's simply the official iOS 7 icon dropped into the template by DeviantArt user iynque, but it looks much more "right" than what I'd been using before (and what some of you are using now, from what I see in screenshots.)

If anyone has requests, let me know. As mentioned, this is just a hobby, but if I feel like I can do justice to it, I'll give it a go.

Nothing and it makes me happy to see you here :)
And thanks again for a few icons iOS 7 for my collection :).
If I had to make a request, it would EyeTV and Viscosity.. Thanks.

Last edited:

vandoorn

macrumors regular
May 31, 2011
Hi Guys,

I want to post a request. I almost got every app in the new icon style except the following:

- VNC viewer
- LiteIcon
- Geektool
- Dockmod

Is there someone who can create these icons in iOS 7 style?

Attachments

• VNC.png
    VNC.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,715
  • Geektool.png
    Geektool.png
    51 KB · Views: 1,689
  • Liteicon.png
    Liteicon.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • Dockmod.png
    Dockmod.png
    51 KB · Views: 1,692
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.