Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
No, he's right. There are dropped frames in this situation. If you drag the homescreen up and down for spotlight without letting go, smooth as butter. But as soon as you actually go into spotlight, leaving will always have small frame drops. I've restored my iPhone 6 as new numerous times because I have such bad battery life (which for the record, is still 6 hours or less >_>) and this little stutter has always been there. However it doesn't bother me AT ALL because I have been using an iPad mini 2 on iOS 8 for quite awhile now :rolleyes:
Still not happening on my device, do you have spotlight suggestions and bing search on?

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
One more video for found bugs on iOS 8.1.3. I could done those videos long time ago, thought that Apple will fix it from iOS 8. However so far no reaction...

Thats not related to what i was replying to. Sure the copy & paste issue is still there, but this laggy spotlight issue I'm not experiencing at all.

Toy4Rick

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I've had two weird issue since updating to IOS 8.1.3. First was do not disturb was enabled so I was missing a ton of calls and messages. Over the last several days, the Italian keyboard was installed. Neither of which I have ever played with so I don't get it

Rick

asv56kx3088

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Sometimes the notification tone is missing. And the device (iPhone 5 for me) seems more laggy than 8.1.2, given the fact that I reboot the device every morning.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
No, he's right. There are dropped frames in this situation. If you drag the homescreen up and down for spotlight without letting go, smooth as butter. But as soon as you actually go into spotlight, leaving will always have small frame drops. I've restored my iPhone 6 as new numerous times because I have such bad battery life (which for the record, is still 6 hours or less >_>) and this little stutter has always been there. However it doesn't bother me AT ALL because I have been using an iPad mini 2 on iOS 8 for quite awhile now :rolleyes:

I have an iphone 5s and when I do that, the keyboard is fine, the icons are fine, I think that lag that you see is just how the blur effect works when applied to the icons. I, for example, can notice even the smallest lag but here I see nothing wrong.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Has anybody lost the functionality to record at 240 fps in slo-mo?

At first I thought it was because I had super low storage. Free'd up over 4GB and it's still not an option.

iPhone 6 Plus.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Update on Telegram App

Seems like the update for the Telegram app that came out today fixed the UI not refreshing correctly. Guess it was just Telegram issue after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.