Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Report iOS 8.2 beta 5 bugs and changes here.

Bug fixes-
  • Facebook seems to be working fine now.
  • Recently Added playlist corruption fixed.
  • Third party bluetooth accessory pairing working now.

From Apple's release notes:
  • iTunes Match music should play now.
  • 3rd party calendar sync should now work.

Bugs-
  • Spotlight Search goes b&w on turning on reduce transparency still present.
  • On rotating apps to landscape mode, status bar still disappears. (This is not a bug but rather a feature Apple designed on purpose.)
  • 3rd party keyboards still doesn't pop up sometimes while in Spotlight Search.
  • Control Center not appearing on lock screen happens sometimes while playing music. (iPhone 4S)
  • 61-59% battery bug still present.
  • While using safari, sometimes status bar overlaps with site name. Happening since the release of iOS 8.
  • Screen becomes unresponsive for some users in iPhone 6 Plus. (As reported by one in comments section).
  • App notification sounds sometimes go down to half their normal volume. (Reboot increases the sounds to normal levels)
  • Safari looks white squares with scroll a page (iPad) bug present in iOS 8.1.3 and 8.3 beta 1/beta 2.

Last edited:

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
What I'd like to see is a toned down noise reduction which has been an issue since iOS 8 has been released. Can anyone confirm if this latest Beta addresses this issue? They need to go back to the iOS 7 days, pictures were so much more clearer and better!

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
i wonder about 3rd party keyboard stability..is it better than 8.1.3 or just the same? i'll install it if it's better :)

It is definitely better than iOS 8.1.2 , much better.
I've been testing 8.2 so have no idea about 8.1.3 . :)

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
It is definitely better than iOS 8.1.2 , much better.
I've been testing 8.2 so have no idea about 8.1.3 . :)
So just to define "better" for those who haven't used it:
- does the keyboard ever randomly just not appear (especially in Spotlight)?
- does the keyboard randomly revert to the default or lock up in the Messages app?
- can you leave App Store reviews using a third-party keyboard?
- Is the sliding animation still jerky or non-existent?

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
have you seen any crash or blank keyboard issue on 8.2 beta 4?

Yes sometimes on Spotlight but never in any app. Like messages, safari, whatsapp, tweetbot etc.
I think it depends on devs also how stable they are keeping their app. I'm also beta testing Fleksy. They push beta updates every 1 or 2 week. And their keyboard has been my daily driver. All i'm saying animations for keyboard dismissing, stability, keyboard popping up in apps is alot better in beta 4.

----------

So just to define "better" for those who haven't used it:
- does the keyboard ever randomly just not appear (especially in Spotlight)?
- does the keyboard randomly revert to the default or lock up in the Messages app?
- can you leave App Store reviews using a third-party keyboard?
- Is the sliding animation still jerky or non-existent?

- keyboard not appearing in spotlight still happens. But has reduced.
- nah. It now works fine in Messages app. Never had Messages.app lock up issue on beta 4.
- Still cant leave reviews with 3rd party keyboards.
- Sliding animation is working now greatly. Has been better.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Yes sometimes on Spotlight but never in any app. Like messages, safari, whatsapp, tweetbot etc.
I think it depends on devs also how stable they are keeping their app. I'm also beta testing Fleksy. They push beta updates every 1 or 2 week. And their keyboard has been my daily driver. All i'm saying animations for keyboard dismissing, stability, keyboard popping up in apps is alot better in beta 4.

----------

- keyboard not appearing in spotlight still happens. But has reduced.
- nah. It now works fine in Messages app. Never had Messages.app lock up issue on beta 4.
- Still cant leave reviews with 3rd party keyboards.
- Sliding animation is working now greatly. Has been better.

so i can install beta 5. looks like keyboards are much much more stable than 8.1.3

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
What I'd like to see is a toned down noise reduction which has been an issue since iOS 8 has been released. Can anyone confirm if this latest Beta addresses this issue? They need to go back to the iOS 7 days, pictures were so much more clearer and better!

Is it really that bad? How would the pictures compare to an iPhone 5 running iOS 7?

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
It is very noticeable if you compare a 5S iOS7 vs. 5S iOS8. I noticed this first when comparing shots of my 6+ to my wife's 5S on iOS7.

So it's something that happened with iOS 8? I thought it was a firmware issue. What you're saying is that a 5S on iOS 8 suffers from it too?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
iOS 8.2 beta 5 bug fixes and changes.

So it's something that happened with iOS 8? I thought it was a firmware issue. What you're saying is that a 5S on iOS 8 suffers from it too?

Correct, it's a widespread issue that started with iOS 8 and impacts all devices.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Correct, it's a widespread issue that started with iOS 8 and impacts all devices.

Well that should at least give us some hope. It's purely related to the OS, which I somehow always expected, but I thought the algorithm for it was rooted on a much "closer" level to the hardware. Since I've only heard people with the 6 and 6 Plus mention this issue, I naturally assumed it was only restricted to those phones.

Thanks for clearing it up!

I wonder if the few complaints about the lack of dynamic range (compared to the 5S) on the 6 devices is also something purely related to software?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Anyone having issues with family sharing on beta 5? I just got notified that one of the apps that my wife purchased is no longer shared with me and it won't let me start it on my phone. If I go into the app store and try to look at any of my family's purchases it just says that they have no purchases.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Unable to sync ringtones from iTunes OTA update.... They sync fine just don't show up on the device

Edit: worked the second time...

Last edited:

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Subway Surfers friend list issue remains..

Cyrilic Letters are all blank..There is not a problem on Latin alphabet..but all the others alphabets (cyrilic - arabic etc) are all blank written.. still the same..hope they'll fix it on the final..

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Can someone test dynamic wallpapers to see if they still keep resetting?
This is still unresolved as of iOS 8.2 beta 5.

It should be clear to everyone that Apple is not focusing on cosmetic issues at the moment - hopefully these types of issues will be fixed in iOS 8.2 beta 6 or the GM.

I've got 26 bugs filed which range from nice to have cosmetic issues to iOS component crashes. Out of those 26 bugs, Apple engineers are only working on the crashes I've submitted.

iOSBry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.