Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Narcaz

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Just flashed this on iPad mini 2, but in terms of animation stutters, lags, glitches, etc, iOS 8.2 beta 5 did not improve it AT ALL.

It seems like the annoying a second lag that happens when going home screen is even more frequent, just like beta 4, I noticed. Of course, you should turn OFF reduce motion to notice this. And orientation change animation stutter, spotlight keyboard pop-up stutter, and all others are still there.

Really, really tempted to sell this POS..

I am also tempted to sell my mini 2 for the same reason. And I probably won't buy another iPad again. I shifted even most light tasks back to my macbook, because the experience went downhill with every version of iOS 8.0. Apple needs way to much time for fixing these bugs.

dramitmanglani

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Report iOS 8.2 beta 5 bugs and changes here.

Bug fixes-
  • Facebook seems to be working fine now.
  • Recently Added playlist corruption fixed.
  • Third party bluetooth accessory pairing working now.

From Apple's release notes:
  • iTunes Match music should play now.
  • 3rd party calendar sync should now work.

Bugs-
  • Spotlight Search goes b&w on turning on reduce transparency still present.
  • On rotating apps to landscape mode, status bar still disappears.
  • 3rd party keyboards still doesn't pop up sometimes while in Spotlight Search.
  • Control Center not appearing on lock screen happens sometimes while playing music. (iPhone 4S)
  • 61-59% battery bug still present.
  • While using safari, sometimes status bar overlaps with site name. Happening since the release of iOS 8.
  • Screen becomes unresponsive for some users in iPhone 6 Plus. (As reported by one in comments section).

Dear iphone20
my iphone 6 also fluctuate when I charge it
and remove charger and when I restart my iphone it shows increase in battery percentage by 5%to 10%
is this also a ios8 bug
please reply sir
regards

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
There is a bug where the volume scrubber is disappearing in the music app after you have been using airplay. it didn't come back after shutting down the music app. it randomly came back.

iPhone20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Dear iphone20
my iphone 6 also fluctuate when I charge it
and remove charger and when I restart my iphone it shows increase in battery percentage by 5%to 10%
is this also a ios8 bug
please reply sir
regards

No. I dont think this bug is related to software. It seems to be hardware related issue. You should get an appointment with Apple Genius Bar. They'll help you. Maybe there's some problem with your charger or iPhone.

----------

There is a bug where the volume scrubber is disappearing in the music app after you have been using airplay. it didn't come back after shutting down the music app. it randomly came back.

Though i havent tested this but reported this to Apple. :)

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Fresh install b5 on my 5S.

App notification sounds on apps like WhatsApp and Gmail reduces to half. I can barely hear it. Reboot fixes the sound levels.

Damn iOS is a buggy piece of shiate.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Fresh install b5 on my 5S.

App notification sounds on apps like WhatsApp and Gmail reduces to half. I can barely hear it. Reboot fixes the sound levels.

Damn iOS is a buggy piece of shiate.
A beta with some issues? How could such things exist in beta? ;)

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
A beta with some issues? How could such things exist in beta? ;)

I think the point is 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.3, and 5 betas of 8.2 and still pretty buggy. Those 1st 7 are not betas but apparently still contain bugs for a lot of folks. So after 12 versions it may be reasonable to expect better?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think the point is 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.3, and 5 betas of 8.2 and still pretty buggy. Those 1st 7 are not betas but apparently still contain bugs for a lot of folks. So after 12 versions it may be reasonable to expect better?
Bugs in final release are one thing, while bugs in betas are another thing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
haha ok. So 8.2 final should get right what they missed the first 7 "final" times. Got it.
One would hope it would and should. But the point is that finding some issue in a beta doesn't make for some sort of doom and gloom as was implied in the post that I originally replied to.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
One would hope it would and should. But the point is that finding some issue in a beta doesn't make for some sort of doom and gloom as was implied in the post that I originally replied to.

Right, I believe the original post stated "iOS 8 was a buggy piece of shiate". I took that to be the entire iOS 8 experience not just 8.2 b5. But to your point yes some issues are to be expected in beta firmware. One would also hope that some of the previous issues would be addressed, especially after 5 betas but perhaps in the final.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Which Photos.app you're referring to? If iOS, how can you download pictured directly to Photos.app?

He said Photos app, not Photos app.
As Photos.app only exist in OS X 10.10.3 Beta, while its iOS counterpart is actually codenamed MobileSlideshow.app.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
My is 6 Plus is cr*p on 8.1.3.
8.2 can't come soon enough.

However I can't complain about my Air 2. It works fine on 8.1.3.

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
My is 6 Plus is cr*p on 8.1.3.
8.2 can't come soon enough.

However I can't complain about my Air 2. It works fine on 8.1.3.

I've come to f@&&ing hate this goddam 6+ just because of the ****** iOS. No other phone has made me rage like this and just want to smash it to get back at it for all the stress it's caused me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've come to f@&&ing hate this goddam 6+ just because of the ****** iOS. No other phone has made me rage like this and just want to smash it to get back at it for all the stress it's caused me.

Time to switch phones (and operating systems).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.