Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
I have ESPN Sportscenter installed on my phone yet I don't have an option to add their widget to my notification center? None of my apps have that option. Only the stock apps are available. Any ideas as to why I can't see any 3rd party?

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I have ESPN Sportscenter installed on my phone yet I don't have an option to add their widget to my notification center? None of my apps have that option. Only the stock apps are available. Any ideas as to why I can't see any 3rd party?

The answer is simply that those apps have not yet been updated for ios8. iOS 8 is officially released tomorrow and at that time you'll see more apps being released which take advantage of that feature.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Deleted - didn't want to push the thread off-topic

Last edited:

vajrakagyu

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Athens
Apple fixed issues

Apple has adressed the issue with widgets and now apps are working fine in notification center.
Apps that i have tried and now work: Duolingo and News Republic.

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2010
Why I still get nothing in "Today" even if OS 8 GM has been installed?

Even I cannot find weather, stock built-in widgets
Should I reinstall the official iOS 8 version in order to enable widgets?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Even I cannot find weather, stock built-in widgets
Should I reinstall the official iOS 8 version in order to enable widgets?

At the bottom of notification center, hit the edit button, then add them back in. For weather, you must have location services for Weather turned on.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I recommend ditch the screenshots in the first post.

It's massively cluttered.

deathnite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Europe
NYTimes and NYTimes for iPad

What's New in Version 3.5

The world’s finest journalism is now ready for iOS 8.
-The latest news is just a swipe away. Add the New York Times widget in Notification Center for instant access to headlines.
-Start your day with the morning briefing, a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists. Available weekdays at 6 a.m. Eastern in Top Stories.
-Instantly read or share breaking news with interactive notifications. (Make sure notifications are enabled for NYTimes in the Settings app.)
-Start reading an article on one device and pick it up on another with Handoff.
-Ready for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Enjoy crisp, high-resolution photography and all of the extra space on your Retina HD screen.
-Content is now updated more frequently in the background, giving you access to news faster.
-Bug fixes and refinements for speed and stability, with more in the works.

Last edited:

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2010
At the bottom of notification center, hit the edit button, then add them back in. For weather, you must have location services for Weather turned on.

As you can see, no choice.

Attachments

• IMG_8422[1].PNG
    IMG_8422[1].PNG
    47 KB · Views: 344

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Discover and Duolingo both have widgets now.

I'm not really a huge fan of how they implemented it. I have to add the widget to Notification Center, tap on the text in there saying the app isn't connected, search through the random settings in the app to find it, enable it, then it works.

Then inside NC I can't temporarily minimize a widget. This is the biggest oversight...If I have an ESPN widget I want to see the scores on sundays...but every other day I don't care and don't want it taking up space. You should be able to tap the title bar to minimize them.

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2010
Still cannot set any widget

Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_8423[1].PNG
    IMG_8423[1].PNG
    77.2 KB · Views: 412
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.