Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

schayes04

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012

Attachments

• iPhone 4 3.png
    iPhone 4 3.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:

deathnite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Europe
Then inside NC I can't temporarily minimize a widget. This is the biggest oversight...If I have an ESPN widget I want to see the scores on sundays...but every other day I don't care and don't want it taking up space. You should be able to tap the title bar to minimize them.
Some widgets have this ability, like the PCalc widget, so it's up to the developers to implement it. https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19718328/

Would be great if you could also resize the widget, make it smaller or bigger. Don't know if this is possible.

Last edited:

gothamguy

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
NCCalendar+ type widget?

Is anyone aware of a calendar app which lets you see more than the current day in the notification center (similar to what the NCCalendar+ tweak did)?

Attachments

• Featured31-576x1024.png
    Featured31-576x1024.png
    906.2 KB · Views: 423

deathnite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Europe
Yahoo Weather
What's New in Version 1.6.0

- Introducing: Weather effect animations for snow, rain, fog and intense heat
- New with iOS 8: Today extension allowing you to access the current weather with a single swipe
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

TwoDots
What's New in Version 1.2.0

-NEW 25 Levels – Transcend time and space in The Beyond!
-NEW Blank Dots – A dot that connects to ANY other colors!
-NEW iOS 8 Widget – Keep tabs on your medals, lives, and progress with the notification center widget.

Dropbox
What's New in Version 3.4

-Restores automatic backup functionality for iOS 8 – See blog.dropbox.com for details
-Create and manage Shared Folders within the app, plus additional sharing controls for Pro and Dropbox for Business users
-New for iOS 8 – See your recent activity in the Today view widget in the Notification Center, easily save files to Dropbox, and open your files directly from within other apps
-General iOS 8 compatibility

Last edited:

MalcolmJID

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
England
I'm not very happy with WeatherPro's new Today widget. If you haven't opened the main app in a while (i.e., it's no longer active/fallen out of memory) then the widget doesn't update.

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
Of the widgets I've used:

Breaking news widget is dumb. Half of the news is cut off.

Yahoo weather widget is just a smaller version of its app. Not as good as the android widget. Plus it's right justified and just looks bad.

Clear widget is nice but I wish it wasn't right justified.

Calendars 5 widget is nice and takes up less space than the stock calendar widget.

NOAA radar pro widget is OK. Nothing special really just shows the weather for the next few hours.

On a different note, SwiftKey wins the keyboard battle in my eyes.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a widget for contacts? Perhaps also bring back a social widget with facebook and twitter etc also?

amspratt

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Three super useful looking widgets made by a jailbreak tweak developer:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/17/jailb...or-monitoring-your-calendar-weather-and-more/

I just bought the weather app, and it's disappointing. No background app refresh that I can see, and it doesn't use your current location, instead displaying the weather for only one city which you predetermine in the app. I guess if you never leave your home town it would be great, but I'll keep looking.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
It says no longer available in the US app store, but when I tried it in my local app store, I was able to get it

Tried again. It said this item is temporarily unavailable, please try again later. :(

Actually edit this: Now it says launcher is no longer available for purchase. I wonder if it was pulled?

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
I just bought the weather app, and it's disappointing. No background app refresh that I can see, and it doesn't use your current location, instead displaying the weather for only one city which you predetermine in the app. I guess if you never leave your home town it would be great, but I'll keep looking.

yea they really need to add that in...what's the point of a weather app if it doesn't show current location???

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
here is another list we can use to update the OP

Launcher – Favorites at your Fingertips (Free)
24me (Free)
Agenda+ ($1.99)
Asana (Free)
Audible (Free)
Breaking News (Free)
Calendars 5 ($6.99)
Clear ($4.99)
Countdowns (Free)
DataMan Next ($1.99)
Day One (Free)
Discover (Free)
Dropbox (Free)
Duolingo (Free)
ETA ($1.99)
Evernote (Free)
Finish (Free)
Forecast+ ($0.99)
iTranslate (Free)
Kanvas (Free)
Lose It (Free)
Matter ($1.99)
News Republic (Free)
NYT Now (Free)
OmniFocus ($19.99)
OpenTable (Free)
Parcel (Free)
Paste+ ($3.99)
PCalc ($9.99)
Pedometer++ (Free)
Retro for Instagram on iPad (Free)
Runtime ($2.99)
Sky Guide ($1.99)
Star Guide ($1.99)
TwoDots (Free)
Vice News (Free)
Wattpad (Free)
Wdgts (Free)
Wunderlist (Free)
Yahoo Weather (Free)

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
The stock calendar widget is blank for me. I think I saw some other posts saying the same thing. Any solution?

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Is the Health app going to be added to this? I feel like Ive seen that in Notification Center somewhere...maybe I'm crazy

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Is the Health app going to be added to this? I feel like Ive seen that in Notification Center somewhere...maybe I'm crazy

No it won't be and never has but other third party companies possibly can show some data if apples rules allow it

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
ESPN or NFL or NBA really need to make a widget. Like Tonight's games and so on. Sports buffs like me will be happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.