Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Launcher, everyone should purchase this.

It has to be the best widget available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 336

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
Where do you download and placed the custom apps icons into launcher?

----------

Hopefully, quick-tap will have an new update soon too.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Where do you download and placed the custom apps icons into launcher?

----------

You can download icons off google images and save them to your camera roll. You can then select them from the when setting up your custom app launcher.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
anybody using dark sky?

do i have to enable location to always on" to get notifications?

doesn't that drain the battery ?

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
iOS 8 Notification Center Widget Megathread

anybody using dark sky?

do i have to enable location to always on" to get notifications?

doesn't that drain the battery ?

Hello they use phone mast towers to pin point your location so three masts would form a triangle and it would then locate you somewhere in the middle. It doesn't solely use GPS like I first thought

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
In LAUNCHER app, what is the "custom launcher"? Can i add an inside feature of other app in there by some url or something?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
In LAUNCHER app, what is the "custom launcher"? Can i add an inside feature of other app in there by some url or something?

Yes, you can set an app to open up with a specific document as an example I believe or you can add an app that isn't currently supported out of the box if you know the url scheme it uses.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
You specify a URL to a custom launcher. In other words, any apps that support a URL scheme can be launched from Launcher. The best thing is there are a few automation apps like Drafts, Workflow and Schemes that you can construct a workflow, link it with Launcher and launch an action but not only an app. But of course the apps you wanna put into a workflow have to support a URL scheme.

Last edited:

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Is there a news widget that updates when you pull down Notification Center

Cnn /yahoo news & google news don't update unless I open the app

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

That's odd. Pretty sure that's not how those are supposed to work.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010

Why would you want to read your news in the Notification Center? :confused: just wondering...

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
RadarScope is a fabulous app. It doesn't have a widget though. Why is it listed on the first page under the weather section? I got excited for nothing.

I'm not sure how it got there, but the team has been teasing some updates for the app. Perhaps a Notification Center widget will be among them...I'd be a happy camper.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
First of all i want to say that it's soooo great that Launcher is back in the App Store so I was able to grab it and immidiately upgraded to Pro. It's a bit expensive but well worth it!

I finally found a Setting which i wanted to quickly access which is Background App Refresh it is (source): prefs:root=General&path=AUTO_CONTENT_DOWNLOAD

These were posted last year. I'm not sure how up to date they are.

http://handleopenurl.com/
http://wiki.akosma.com/IPhone_URL_Schemes
http://aijazansari.com/urlschemelist/

But you can also just guess. That works for me more than not. The usual format seems to be like this:

appname://

Aside from those websites there is also the other Launcher topic here on MacRumors which has quite some other URL schemes mentioned which are not available on those websites.

mobilenotes://add works great on my iPad mini2 running iOS 8.2 with Quick-tap but doesn't seem to work with Launcher for some reason unfortunately. It only opens the Notes app.

I'm also wondering if other Quick launch widgets will try again to submit their widget such as Quick-tap which tried to submit a 1.1 version a few months ago but was then removed/rejected by Apple.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.