Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Micool1

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
Has Facebook/Twitter added integration to Notification Centre?

Surprised they haven't at least added a quick post feature.

It seems that Apple doesn't give keyboard access in the notification center, so we will have to wait a long time for that :(

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
I really like that. Just wish it can bundled with a more fully-featured weather app. No location support among other things is kind of a bummer, but I'll probably pick it up anyway if one of the bigger apps doesn't release a widget soon.
The Weather Underground (Wunderground) app now has a Notification Center widget, as of yesterday's update. Installed it tonight and it's working fine.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
i like n stats, hope cpu & display order customization gets added, any more FREE apps like n stats? already tried imonitor, big & bulky without enough of what i want

tj22

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
So the Forecast+ widget is the only weather widget that isn't super-massive and ostentatious? What makes The Weather Channel and Yahoo think that people want something huge in their Notification Center? It's the weather, for Christ's sake.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Best weather widget. Hands down.
If only they would do away with the large temperature graph and instead include some compact forecast information about tomorrow or the next few days in its place.

----------

So the Forecast+ widget is the only weather widget that isn't super-massive and ostentatious? What makes The Weather Channel and Yahoo think that people want something huge in their Notification Center? It's the weather, for Christ's sake.
Yeah, I definitely agree.

chances14

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013

the weather channel widget would be perfect if they allowed you to remove the weather story from the bottom. All i want from a weather widget is the current weather and what it's going to be for the next 6 hours or so. None of the other free weather widgets do that.

If i want to know more about the weather, i would open the app up

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA

Because they are in the business of making money. You think their widgets are horrendous, then you should see the Android versions, even worse.

And sadly, people will put up with it because of the accuracy and the brand power.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
anyone with n stats widget notice a high battery usage:standby time after installing it? since installing it i now have youtube & speedtest (ookla's app) saying they are using background activity, they never said that before, they havent been updated since, & background refresh is OFF for ALL apps since ios 7

funandblindness

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Oregon
Notification edit screen blank

Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried reinstalling apps, hard reset.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.PNG
    IMG_1249.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 206

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Yep, problem with Forecast+, according to its reviews, is that it's rather inaccurate. I'm refraining from buying it until I get to try out OneWidget, which is taking its time to get through the App Store review process - http://onewidgetapp.com

I'm a little pessimistic about that widget's accuracy as well though, but we'll have to see, I think it's supposed to be free so at least we'll get to try it.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Yep, problem with Forecast+, according to its reviews, is that it's rather inaccurate. I'm refraining from buying it until I get to try out OneWidget, which is taking its time to get through the App Store review process - http://onewidgetapp.com

I'm a little pessimistic about that widget's accuracy as well though, but we'll have to see, I think it's supposed to be free so at least we'll get to try it.

This is one widget?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412115320.748372.jpg

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007

I don't mind bigger widgets if they give me the information I want to see. Wunderground's widget is quite big but It shows me exactly what I wan't and I have no problem with it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Love the ESPN widget, but would love to have a button to navigate through the scores instead of having to wait for them to change.
After using it for a while I found out that Yahoo! Sports app got updated with widget support as well and I'm now using that one instead as it seems to show more games in a slimmer format and even provides more game information for live games as they are happening.

----------

I don't mind bigger widgets if they give me the information I want to see. Wunderground's widget is quite big but It shows me exactly what I wan't and I have no problem with it.
It would be great if it could be configurable a bit for example to show the forecast for the next day or two at the bottom instead of the graph.

----------

Added iMonitor.. it's nice looking and free.

Bought the whole Wdgts :D
Looks like iMonitor got uodated to display network activity as well.

----------

anyone with n stats widget notice a high battery usage:standby time after installing it? since installing it i now have youtube & speedtest (ookla's app) saying they are using background activity, they never said that before, they havent been updated since, & background refresh is OFF for ALL apps since ios 7
I don't think that's widget related as much as it is just iOS 8 related where periodically if it notices some app having location acess set to "always" it will prompt you to essentially let you remind you of that in case you didn't realize it earlier and might want to change that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.