Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I will add them to the list for you it won't take you long to get 25

----------

Yes see the photo I just posted
I understand you can disable or enable notification center or some parts of it from the passcode screen when the passcode is enabled, I'm wondering what happens if you then disable the passcode--does it keep the last settings you set it to, or does it just default to it all being available on the lockscreen, or something like that in that case?

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
So none of these work "yet". Or some?

Some do, it's up to apple to allow updates through or the espn devs haven't sent it to Apple one or the other

----------

I understand you can disable or enable notification center or some parts of it from the passcode screen when the passcode is enabled, I'm wondering what happens if you then disable the passcode--does it keep the last settings you set it to, or does it just default to it all being available on the lockscreen, or something like that in that case?

I'm not sure but you can try it

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
Has the official NASCAR app been added to the list? It doesn't do much other than show current standings right now, but it's a start.

58661f37b5048aacf24260d903c126f2_zpscc2bf9dc.jpg

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Buggy/glitchy

I only have 2 widgets and they are extremely buggy. Am I the only one?

Any widget I try barely works and basically just shows nothing most of the time

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I've got Yahoo Weather and Calendars 5 in mine and they work fine. Calendars 5 even shows all day events!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Some widgets have this ability, like the PCalc widget, so it's up to the developers to implement it. https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19718328/

Would be great if you could also resize the widget, make it smaller or bigger. Don't know if this is possible.

Given PCalc expands dynamically then a developer could implement a button to change sizes. Dragging to resize probably wouldn't work because the whole screen already scrolls vertically.

I'd just prefer if Apple implemented the minimizing at the system level because they have an entire 40 pixels or so in height wasted on a title bar that does nothing, other than separating content. They could even add a badge to the right side to tell the user that the widget has new content when it is minimized.

Like Stocks - I'd like to keep that open on weekdays, and minimized on weekends because it isn't changing. Then on weekends I could have sports scores open. Right now I either leave them both and have to scroll through useless content every time, or I waste 30 seconds each week reconfiguring the display.

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Forecast+ has a nice widget.

I really like that. Just wish it can bundled with a more fully-featured weather app. No location support among other things is kind of a bummer, but I'll probably pick it up anyway if one of the bigger apps doesn't release a widget soon.

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Weather on lock screen?

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to see all this great 'today screen' info on the lock screen?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Forecast+ has a nice widget.

I really want to download this, but the reviews say it's a bit inaccurate, and there's another widget app coming out shortly that has a pretty nice design - http://www.onewidgetapp.com - so gonna try that first then decide whether I should buy Forecast+ (Right now using WeatherPro but that might just be the ugliest app I've ever seen).

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I just want the ESPN one already.

----------

And I wish the weather channel widget worked correctly. Never loads.

----------

How do you remove the Apple weather from the notification center?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I just want the ESPN one already.

----------

And I wish the weather channel widget worked correctly. Never loads.

----------

How do you remove the Apple weather from the notification center?

Agreed and remove Today summary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.