Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

HawkBYU

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
The Yahoo weather widget looks great, much better than WeatherPro. Are there any other good ones that I can look at?

I think the Yahoo widget looks terrible. Wastes too much space, and displays very little information. I have only seen these 3 so far, but I'm sure there will be more rolling out. I did find one called OneWidgetApp, but it doesn't look like its hit the app store yet.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
IMO, Launcher is closer to what the contacts on the multitasking screen should've been: Let me pick the method of communication for each. Otherwise it's not a shortcut.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
I've seen posts here and other places about Lose It! having a widget but I don't have it. Is it a premium only feature?

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
How do you use launcher to create a navigation shortcut? Can you create a navigation shortcut for Google maps or only Apple maps?

You can create a Google Maps shortcut. Look under Contact Launchers. I guess it is in that section because you can have it directly access someone in your contacts.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
LinkedIn has a new widget but of course is useless since you need premium (don't worry I told them)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411071538.621717.jpg

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I am on ipad i have no passcode and yet i cannot access today view :S

What am i doing wrong? Is there a setting?

Ignore what I said previously.

You can use notification centre and today view on the lock screen

Go to settings > general > passcode and turn it on

Been driving me crazy before apple changed this in ios 8 I didn't even notice

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411080237.475575.jpg

Apologies

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
Ignore what I said previously.

You can use notification centre and today view on the lock screen

Go to settings > general > passcode and turn it on

Been driving me crazy before apple changed this in ios 8 I didn't even notice

View attachment 493325

Apologies

Oh my god! Thank you so much! Why the hell did they move these settings there for crying out loud?? Its totally stupid, i would never have guessed that i had to go to password in order to enable today view in lockscreen?

Who had this idea really?

Thanks again my friend, much obliged!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh my god! Thank you so much! Why the hell did they move these settings there for crying out loud?? Its totally stupid, i would never have guessed that i had to go to password in order to enable today view in lockscreen?

Who had this idea really?

Thanks again my friend, much obliged!
Probably because it only applies if you have a Passcode enabled.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
Probably because it only applies if you have a Passcode enabled.

Thats the thing, it does not apply only if you have passcode enabled. All you have to do is enable passcode just to be granted access to these options, enable lockscreen today view, and then you can simply turn off password and you are set.

It is really stupid.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thats the thing, it does not apply only if you have passcode enabled. All you have to do is enable passcode just to be granted access to these options, enable lockscreen today view, and then you can simply turn off password and you are set.

It is really stupid.
Can you still disable some parts of the notification center from the lockscreen and then disable the passcode and still have those parts of the notification center or the whole notification center disabled from lockscreen?

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.