Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Xenthox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 10.16.59 AM.png

Please report bugs to bugreport.apple.com (a developer account is not required to do this).

iOS 9.3 beta 4
Build:
13E5214d

Bugs (new to beta 4):

• When deleting an app, the circular "x" is now sometimes square
  • Apple Watch notifications broken (to watchOS 2.1)
    • Stock apps deliver simultaneous notifications to phone/watch, instead of watch only
    • 3rd Party apps do not deliver notifications at all
  • Cannot play embedded videos on iPhone 6s Plus/iPad Air (gives error
    {"error":true,"iframe":true})
  • CC in Siri and Cellular Data -> apps list scrolling have stutter
  • Night Shift bug - all settings resetted after turn it on at CC while low power mode is on.
    Turn on low power mode and then turn on night shift in CC. You'll see the personal settings are gone back to default.
  • Saving any website to Notes app with safari Notes share button results duplicated note when searching for it with spotlight. -> Video
  • If you open the compass while talking on the iPhone, you'll see the screen tearing.
  • If you choose the Late Night EQ Mode while playing music; the music stops and starts again. -> Video
  • Spotlight Searchbar Binding on Statusbar -> Video
  • Search any location on maplos.com with Safari. After that scroll the map and pinch-in zoom. Safari freezes.
  • Sometimes the Animations are still disappearing. -> Video
  • Turning off the predictive text in iMessages results in being unable to enable it again. Workaround is to re-enable it in Settings > General > Keyboard.
  • Activating Siri on WiFi results in no recognition. LTE however works fine.
  • Search Hotspot on Settings, touch second result after that touch first result and touch Back button. Search box disappearing and result screen merged with statusbar. -> Video
  • Safari Speak Selection; it doesn't continue where it left off. It starts reading from the beginning all the times. Pause button working like Stop button.
  • Call Siri (you can cancel the voice recognition if you want, we don't need it).Pull up control center and immediatly try to pull it down. Depending on how hard you pulled it, it can take a good 3 seconds to pull it down again.
Changes:
  • New Night Shift Icon
  • Popular songs marked with stars now at album view instead of iTunes-like bars
  • Activating Low Power mode disables Night Shift if it's activated
  • Buttons in PiP window remain constant sized regardless of the window's scale. Earlier they used to get smaller and harder to tap as we pinched.
  • App Store download over cellular restrictions lifted (used to be 100 mb)

Bug Fixes:
  • Status Bar clock bug fixed
  • Tapping news articles in the Proactive page now works
  • Does not re-lock after unlocking via Touch-ID
  • iPad Air 2 doesn't go black for a second when swiping through fullscreen apps with multitasking gestures.
  • Date & Time can no longer be set to anything earlier than Januray 1, 2001.
  • Cannot verify iCloud ID after iCloud Restore is fixed
Performance:
Great!

Last edited:

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Can anyone confirm is the following is fixed

iPhone

Scroll through the list of apps in Cellular Data.Does it show stutter?
Is the spotlight lag fixed?
In Photos app when using Share feature scrolling the list of apps sideways has stutter.Is it fixed?
Does CC stutter while Siri is listening?

iPad

Open Wishlist in app store and then via the app switcher navigate to homescreen.Does it stutter?

pmii

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
The update was 165Mb on an iPhone 6s 128Gb
No issues so far.
New Night Mode icon
The Clock display bug seems gone.
Spotlight and CC are smooth to me.
Nothing special so far

anthonylennon

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015
It seems a bit quicker, having used it for all of 5 minutes on iPhone 6 Plus. Noticed it launching Calendar and Notes.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I hope that OpenGL performance is back to normal. Glad to hear the clock bug is fixed.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Super smooth on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. The responsiveness of CC when swiping up is back, beta 3 removed it even though the animation was smooth.

This will be a great release.

Reactions: scjr

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Fitness / sports guys and gals: Could you please check if the Activity app is rewarding Achievement medals, specially ones that you have already earned once or more than once before?

I have stopped receiving almost all Achievements since the last couple of updates over the last 2 weeks, even though meeting the goals convincingly every day.

iPhone 6s Plus, watchOS 2.1, iOS 9.3 beta 3 (so far). Many thanks!

iDi5Deu.jpg

dsTny

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2015
Guys, can you check whether navigating back with the back gesture is smooth? Since iOS 9, I noticed often stutter animations when swiping back a little slower on mail app, messages app and all other apps using navigation controller and enabled swipe back gesture.
Thanks!

/edit:
I don't know if I like this new one... but I guess it's better than the previous.
But I'll always prefer this one:

ios-9.3-night-shift.jpg
Me, too

DeutscheMark

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2015
Nuremberg, Germany
The news in the left spotlight view can be opened in Safari again, so that's fixed too.
Seems pretty fast overall on my 6s Plus. I wonder when they fix the crazy 3D Touch stuttering in landscape. That's the only thing that really annoys me now.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
iCloud bug sorted no longer tells me in red to purchase more storage as I'm full.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 590

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Will also point out my phone is getting pretty hot whilst it's charging not noticed before

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.