Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
avatar does Adguard Pro beta work on the latest jailbreak ?

Also does it block Cydia app ads ? I hate those.

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
The adguard guy previously blocked the unbelievably obtrusive iOS ad on bournemouthecho.co.uk, but now there is another one that is even bigger. Check this out!

EAYicw3.jpg

Just unbelievable.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Adguard must be in the background in order to check for updates with Background App Refresh, right? I mean, if I close the app it won't update - is this statement correct? Thanks!

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
Adguard must be in the background in order to check for updates with Background App Refresh, right? I mean, if I close the app it won't update - is this statement correct? Thanks!

Almost correct. Just one thing to note, actually the app is not running. It is in the "suspended state".

The problem is that if you swipe an app from the app switcher, iOS won't allow it to run the background refresh.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
@avatar-adg : I Just wanted to chime in and say that I've not seen ads at all.. even on Youtube. Today I was wondering if Youtube had changed their advertising behavior, and then I remembered that I had Adguard installed.

Now, see, that's the mark of a great ad blocker - it does one job, does it well, and stays out of your way while doing it. I almost forgot I had it installed.

Thank you, Adguard!

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Anyone else had a issue where Adguard Pro iOS wouldn't update from TestFlight unless you uninstalled and reinstalled it?

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
Anyone else had a issue where Adguard Pro iOS wouldn't update from TestFlight unless you uninstalled and reinstalled it?

I can confirm this issue. It seems that AG cannot be updated when VPN is up and running, looks as if iOS cannot unload VPN to do the update. Also to receive the update it's enough to turn the VPN off.

Last edited:

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I can confirm this issue. It seems that AG cannot be updated until VPN is up and running, looks as if iOS cannot unload VPN to do the update. Also to receive the update it's enough to turn the VPN off.

Thanks.

chillenandy321

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Orlando, Florida
With Adguard Pro newest beta update it seems to be showing ads now in apps. The Weather Channel,CNN,IMDB. Thank you

Edit: Seems to be working Ill keep you posted.

Last edited:

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
Adguard Pro VPN has been disconnecting and reconnecting often making phone to lose cellular and wifi connectivity.

Hm, in theory it works in a different way: it reconnects when phone switches from cellular to wifi or back. It does not cause reconnecting itself.

chillenandy321

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Orlando, Florida
Hm, in theory it works in a different way: it reconnects when phone switches from cellular to wifi or back. It does not cause reconnecting itself.

Ill have it on charger over night next morning will have to restart phone since it loses connectivity. Took it to apple they said cause VPN it disconnecting. First beta didn't have this issue. Weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.