Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
Ill have it on charger over night next morning will have to restart phone since it loses connectivity. Took it to apple they said cause VPN it disconnecting. First beta didn't have this issue. Weird

Hm, is it easy to reproduce? If so, could you please do it and send us a bug report from the app (and post the customer ID here or in PM)?

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Is there a way to completely block a website with Adguard? I don't want to be able to even enter to Twitter or see tweets or enter to profiles. Thanks!

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
Is there a way to completely block a website with Adguard? I don't want to be able to even enter to Twitter or see tweets or enter to profiles. Thanks!

Hmm, in case of Safari Content Blocker it should be enough to add
Code:
||twitter.com
to the user filter.
[doublepost=1473427495][/doublepost]
That's all it was I didn't get new update. Seems to be running fine. Thank you

Nice, thank you for checking it!

Reactions: ardchoille50

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Code:
||twitter.com
to the user filter.
It worked, thank you very much!

EDIT: Is there a way to sync my filter preferences with iCloud?

Last edited:

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
Code:
||twitter.com
to the user filter.
[doublepost=1473427495][/doublepost]

Nice, thank you for checking it!

is it the same for facebook?

||facebook.com

??

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
@Adguard , Is your app ready for iOS 10, it is draining battery like crazy on iOS 10. I thought it is iOS 10 beta at start and after GM had same issue so went back to 1Blocker i am again getting great battery life, Improvement of 20-30%.

I like the app but when i use Adguard Safari is always on top in battery stats even with same usage.

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
@deep1 Adguard has no direct influence on the battery life, it just provides filters for Safari use.

So, I guess this depends on websites you usually visit and the filters you use. Could you please tell me what are they?

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
@deep1 Adguard has no direct influence on the battery life, it just provides filters for Safari use.

So, I guess this depends on websites you usually visit and the filters you use. Could you please tell me what are they?

Thanks for reply, I only had English, Spyware, social media and annoyance filter and in addition to that i had " Use simplified filter" turned on.

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
For what it's worth, I turned off the "Use simplified filter" and it seemed to improve battery life for me.

Actually I am not satisfied with how it currently works, we should change it.

tested that, no change at all, website is mostly macrumors, facebook ( via safari) and boards.ie. that's all.

I'll give a more precise look into it. We've received a few similar complaints before, although not many.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I currently use Blockr on my iPhone and iPads and it's been working great since release day. However, it seems it has been removed from the App Store.

I'd like to switch to an actively developed ad blocker - what ad blocker do you use? I notice some of the old favorites haven't been updated in a year.

-Kevin

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Adguard is one of the more popular active ones that is also free. Focus from Mozilla is one that some go by as well that is free. A few other decent free ones that I've come across are BlockBear and Adblock Fast. There's also the older popular ones like Purify and 1Blocker.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
F-Secure AdBlocker. Very useful even with old hardware /tested on iPad Mini 2).
But doesn't seem like one that has been getting updates, not for blocking filters, nor the app itself.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Adguard is one of the more popular active ones that is also free. Focus from Mozilla is one that some go by as well that is free. A few other decent free ones that I've come across are BlockBear and Adblock Fast. There's also the older popular ones like Purify and 1Blocker.

Thanks so much. I'll take a look at these.

-Kevin

Steeley

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2011
I'm using 1Blocker solely for the reason that it syncs my block list between iOS and MacOS. I recommend it.

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
@avatar-adg thank you so much for being so present here and for the awesome support to the community.

I will be happy to buy whatever you put out there if that helps you to continuously keep and improve this awesome support.

Thanks again

Reactions: ganja24 and max2

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Tried Adguard and it slowed my Safari down to a crawl. Anyone else had this?
(iPhone 7 on iOS 10.0.1)

For the moment I'll stick with Purify as this still seems to cover all without any slowdown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.