Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metsfan84

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I read on another forum that putting the phone in Airplane Mode works.

I tried that, and didn't get the 3200 error. Not sure if that actually resolved the problem, or if it was a coincidence.

lmtl30stm

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
From iTunes, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Devices. Select your iPhone and click "Delete Backup". That did the trick for me.

i tried this too....and it didn't work for me. this sucks too because i have been looking forward to iOS 5 sooooo bad!

blurb23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
After spending forever backing up (again), I still got a -3200 error after deleting my latest backup (there's only 2 previous ones, from September).

sark7

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
error 3200 - suddenly worked.....

Hi Guys

just thought i would carry on trying to get the software to install having had the 3200 error about 4 or 5 times - my suspicion is that demand on the server for verification with iTunes is so high that it is failing there. All of a sudden mine has actually started installing....... watch this space in case it actually completes!

Znarkus

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011

Wineutopia

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Worked Finally!

Hey everyone. I had the same propblem for about an hour. I restarted my iphone 4 and everytime disconnected and shutdown itunes. It has finally worked. It seems to be a traffic issue. Just keep trying to update.

lmtl30stm

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I read on another forum that putting the phone in Airplane Mode works.

I tried that, and didn't get the 3200 error. Not sure if that actually resolved the problem, or if it was a coincidence.

must have been a coincidence...didn't work for me :( im going to try to restart my computer and see if that helps...

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I got an error too. Didn't say what exactly but I restarted my Mac and it seems to be working now. :rolleyes:

mszpara

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
stuck in DFU here, haha i have to leave for school soon but i don't know if i'll go if i won't have a phone :p

gonna keep trying.

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
I'm iPhone 4 x iOS 4.3.5 x Lion 10.7.1 and i keep getting the same error.

Tried deleting the backup, restarting the phone, restarting iTunes and its still not working.

It takes about 15 minutes to do the backup each time, it tries to verify with Apples servers then fails.

sark7

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
now restoring from backup

Hi guys seems its working now - gone through all the firmware updating etc and having restored to factory settings has now automatically commenced restore from the backup created at the start of the process :) happy geeking guys!

yipio

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
Follow #error3200 on twitter. Some people posted some tricks to go their way around this. Post back what solution worked for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.