Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supadoodles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Unfortunately, some of us updated to 4.3.1. It's no use saying "it's accidental" or calling each other stupid, it happened.

The point is, let's share info on who, what, and where an iPad 2 jailbreak for 4.3.1 will be happening.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I don't get the need to post all these random blog sites for information. It's certainly a never ending supply.

All you people have to do is read the twitter accounts of dev team members to get this information straight from the horse's mouth.

MuscleNerd is the most vocal of the team and his account is here:
http://twitter.com/musclenerd

Comex sometimes has a useful jailbreak tweet here:
http://twitter.com/comex

The dev team's site has a list of other accounts here:
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I don't twitter, I do go to devteam blog but it gets long. Is there an easier static site to view when the jb is out? I get confused who is who and works on what in the jb comm. Who devteam is with....Greenpoison, musclenerd, comex....

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I don't twitter, I do go to devteam blog but it gets long. Is there an easier static site to view when the jb is out? I get confused who is who and works on what in the jb comm. Who devteam is with....Greenpoison, musclenerd, comex....

Install twitter on i device and follow the key players, thats all I do. No need to tweet yourself. Just read what they say.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
and you base this answer on?

Same thing every conspiracy theorist pessimist bases his info on.... Unsubstantiated sh&$ spouting without any credibility or personal knowledge.

Could be next week, or next year. Pointless to ask because the moment it's possible it'll be in this forum category.

dillonp23

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
I guess I can live without the JB for a while, just happy to have an iPad 2 :) I'll follow this thread if theres any news on when it will be coming out though.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
99% of the people in this thread are wrong.

Yes comex exploit was patched. He has already come up with a new one, he just needs to find a way to legaly distrubite it. ITs been on h8snow twitter for some time now. Jesus guys.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I really want to get an iPad 2, but I'm not sure if I could use an iOS device without it being jailbroken... is that bad?

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I really want to get an iPad 2, but I'm not sure if I could use an iOS device without it being jailbroken... is that bad?

Not at all. I rely on Display Out to use iPad for my classes. Thus the un-jb new iPad is useless to me, and it's been sitting in my drawer unopened for a week. I am debating selling it for a small profit, as likely there will be stock everywhere by the time jb is ready for iOS 4.3.1.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010

No, perfectly understandable. I'm sure a lot of people (including me) feel the same way. Gonna stick with my original iPad for the time being.

Zermelo

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
99% of the people in this thread are wrong.

Yes comex exploit was patched. He has already come up with a new one, he just needs to find a way to legaly distrubite it. ITs been on h8snow twitter for some time now. Jesus guys.

This was good advice. I started following and reading ih8sn0w's tweet's. He gives out a lot of information regarding what's going on behind the scene which explains a lot.

A few of the more enlightening tweets were:

A) Comex's userland jailbreak for the iPad 2 uses some Apple code, and that's why he has not released it yet since he needs a legal way to do it.

B) What was broken in the 4.3.1 update was the untethered feature, so that in principle the jailbreak on the iPad 2 on 4.3.1 is still possible but tethered.

ih8sn0w.jpg

Last edited:

Hannah Montana

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
No, perfectly understandable. I'm sure a lot of people (including me) feel the same way. Gonna stick with my original iPad for the time being.

I'm about ready to return this paperweight. Sure, it's fast, thinner, and lighter, but it has 0 ****ing functionality.

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but is there any point in staying with 4.3 on the iPad2 (just got mine)? I assume there'll never be a jailbreak for 4.3, it'll just be for 4.3.1 when it comes out.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Not at all. I rely on Display Out to use iPad for my classes. Thus the un-jb new iPad is useless to me, and it's been sitting in my drawer unopened for a week. I am debating selling it for a small profit, as likely there will be stock everywhere by the time jb is ready for iOS 4.3.1.

Yeah, things I really need for a good experience are Browser Changer, Retina Pad, a notification system (currently LockInfo), and Folder Enhancer... I find the base iOS a decent base, but unfortunately flawed. I've been tempted by Honeycomb, but frankly they have little to no 3rd party support in applications or other devices... I have and am happy with my iPad 1, but its pokey and limited in functionality when it comes to multi tasking because of memory.

*sits on wallet for a bit longer*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.