Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
You can use tiny umbrella to see what mystery blobs might be waiting for you with a used iPhone. I recently bought an iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 on it. When I ran tiny umbrella it grabbed blobs back to 4.0.

Now the Cydia blob server might be down at the moment but im not really sure how that works I havnt goofed with that since the cydia amazon issues started but if you can grab your blobs with tiny umbrella back them up on your computer then it won't matter if Cydia is down so try be patient there are so many variables to these hobbies.

I started with tmobile and Unlocked iphone 3g but I could only get edge speed somehow I didn't get that memo about the technology differences with tmobile cell frequencies till after I bought my 3G iPhone lol. So I was stuck with edge speed & waited for the iPhone 4 and joined att for 3G speed.

The one thing I miss about tmobile was the ability of my blackberry to switch from a cell signal call to a wifi call on the fly once a cell signal was lost and I'm within a wifi signal range. I sometimes work in a building that has underground floors the cell goes in and out but they have wifi that's the only feature I miss with tmobile.

Last edited:

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Can someone explain to me this site:
http://www.unlockguide.org/ipad-unlock/

They are advertising a jailbreak for ipad 2 with the newest ios. Is this a scam? Thanks

Taken directly from their website
Our software is compatible with all firmware: 4.3.2/4.3.1/ 4.3/ 4.2 / 4.1 / 4.0.x / 3.1.3 / 3.1 / 3.0 and it is GUARANTEED to jailbreak & unlock iPhone 4, 3GS iPhone, 3G iPhone and older iPhone 2G versions fast and secure.
No technical knowledge is required to use and understand our software, it only takes a few minutes to use it and we are always here to help you 24/7 if you need help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.