Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacksonian

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
I've never really liked the anti-glare protectors--always seemed to give that fuzzy look to the screen and made the colors less vibrant. I'm interested that you say this one doesn't do that (given that you're a glossy screen kind of guy also). So I'm considering giving it a try.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I've never really liked the anti-glare protectors--always seemed to give that fuzzy look to the screen and made the colors less vibrant. I'm interested that you say this one doesn't do that (given that you're a glossy screen kind of guy also). So I'm considering giving it a try.

Is it different? Yes.. But i would not say it makes the screen less vibrant.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks for the pics. Hard to tell if the quality of the screen is segregated by the anti-glare film but if PowerSupport is willing to swap one for the other then maybe I'll try it.

iPad1iPad

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I agree with the OP. PowerSupport makes the best screen protectors. Not only because of the ease of install/removal, they also make the screen feel better to the touch (my fingers glide better on the protector then they do on the raw glass).

I purchased the Crystal Film version similar to the one I had on my iPod Touch, which I loved. I'm not a big fan of anti-glare filters as they tend to dull the image slightly.

Here is the link to order either the Anti-Glare or Crystal version:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/product/list/ipad

patp

Apr 10, 2008
Pared said:
What is so difficult to follow?

Best ss "bar none." Through your extensive testing? :rolleyes:

This is what i really am starting to hate about this forum is posters like you who just throw out negative comments to threads and not really adding anything to the discussion.

The op is sharing his OPINION about the new products hee got. He likes it he feels strongly about it.

If his standards of testing are not up to yours maybe you should find another forum where everyone can present how they feel about products with high enough standards for your discerning ego.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

patp

Apr 10, 2008
To the OP do you feel any drag on the anti glare screen when you run your funnier across it? Is it smooth all the way?

I like the idea of anti glare but am afraid of losing clarity when viewing movies etc. Do you notice anything missing once the anti glare was applied?

Thanks for sharing and the pics.

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
The Belkin Grip Vue is my favorite case, BUT here is my gripe: you can't plug your headphones into the headphone jack!! The case is little too thick in that area.. I usually use bluetooth headphones, but for anyone else this might be a minor annoyance! Oh, and where can I find that sweet wallpaper with the aluminum mac thingy??

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2010
Any others try this yet and have feedback?

I agree about the anti-glare film. This works well and was easy to apply. There is only a negligible change in the screen appearance.

I also used the Belkin Grip Vue, but changed to the Apple case after a few hours. I ended up preferring the front cover and the ability to have the stand. Also the Apple case feels MUCH softer when resting the iPad on the body when reading. The Belkin case was uncomfortable after a while.

jmunderwood11

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2010
The Woodlands (Houston, TX)
Recommended by Apple Genius

Can I buy the power support anti glare at the apple store or best buy?
Just today (5/1/10) I went into a local Apple store. One of the Geniuses recommended PowerSupplyUSA.com for the best anti-glare protector. :cool: He said they normally carry it but were currently out of stock.

I am ordering one today.

HTH.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Really? I thought Apple stopped carrying all screen protectors a while back, period. Something about they didn't want to give the impression you needed something to protect the screen. Not so?

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Really? I thought Apple stopped carrying all screen protectors a while back, period. Something about they didn't want to give the impression you needed something to protect the screen. Not so?

Sales rep at local apple store confirmed this as a rumor as I paid for a new set of screen protectors for mine and my folks phones a just 2 weeks ago.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
I use the Belkin Grip Vue also and it's great. Fits tight and it's hard to even tell there is anything around the iPad.

When you hold the iPad you can sure tell the difference. Much easier to use with it on.

+1

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
The Belkin Grip Vue is my favorite case, BUT here is my gripe: you can't plug your headphones into the headphone jack!! The case is little too thick in that area.. I usually use bluetooth headphones, but for anyone else this might be a minor annoyance! Oh, and where can I find that sweet wallpaper with the aluminum mac thingy??

Actually, my Sony earbuds work fine with the Belkin Grip Vue.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
No other screen protector is better then PowerSupport and i have tried many, they invest a lot in there screen protectors and make sure you have an easy installation. I never has any bubbles and i have installed more then 10 times on my devices. I love them!

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
Mine is being shipped shortly but can anybody describe how the installation works with these?

I remember the one they put out for the MBP some time ago dramatically changing the clarity of the text on my display so much so that I quickly removed it. I suspect I'll want to keep the one on my iPad but in the past i've always used their "clear" versions on my iPhone and i've seen a friends anti-glare one on his iphone and IMHO it adds a lot of grain to the display.

No other screen protector is better then PowerSupport and i have tried many, they invest a lot in there screen protectors and make sure you have an easy installation. I never has any bubbles and i have installed more then 10 times on my devices. I love them!

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Mine is being shipped shortly but can anybody describe how the installation works with these?

I remember the one they put out for the MBP some time ago dramatically changing the clarity of the text on my display so much so that I quickly removed it. I suspect I'll want to keep the one on my iPad but in the past i've always used their "clear" versions on my iPhone and i've seen a friends anti-glare one on his iphone and IMHO it adds a lot of grain to the display.

First of all make sure your screen is cleaned with a microfiber or cloth right before you put on the screen protector. I'm pretty sure it will come with a white sticker that covers the whole screen and that's for the second before you get ready to instal, just apply the sticker and remove it - it's to makes sure no lint and small hairs are left on the screen. then just start from the bottom and press a little when laying down the rest of the screen protector with the same hand your holding the top non applied part of the screen protector - i hope you know what i mean lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.