Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awsully

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Is your sig a parody of something or are you truly that much of a self-absorbed and materialistic braggart??? :confused:

I'm trying to get the hang of this forum before I post any threads. So the rule is that every time someone posts something helpful or informative, we make fun of them for reasons that are completely unrelated to the topic? I think I'll find another iPad forum.

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
I think I'm going back to this setup. Anyone found a good solution for typing with it in your lap (stand)?

ateganda29

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
to the OP, where did you buy your belkin grip vue sleeve? did you order online or were you able to purchase it at a retail store? i ordered power support's anti-glare film, which should arrive tomorrow, and purchased an apple case. but coming across your post, i might also get the belkin grip vue as an alternate but would prefer if i can get this at a retail store instead of online. thanks for the info!

flipangle

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
to the OP, where did you buy your belkin grip vue sleeve? did you order online or were you able to purchase it at a retail store? i ordered power support's anti-glare film, which should arrive tomorrow, and purchased an apple case. but coming across your post, i might also get the belkin grip vue as an alternate but would prefer if i can get this at a retail store instead of online. thanks for the info!

I'm not the OP but I have a Grip Vue too and love it. I got mine from the Apple store but as you know they don't carry them anymore. You can also find them on amazon, although I believe the the clear one has been discontinued. Here's a link for the purple one:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8N378...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280335752&sr=8-10

ateganda29

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
thanks flipangle for your response. that's too bad that apple store do not carry the belkin grip vue anymore. does that hold true for all apple stores nationwide? do you know why they stopped carrying them? but i might still check our apple store and see if they have any left.

aduteau, thanks for the tip at best buy. i'll check our local best buy out.

to those who own the belkin grip vue, what material is it made of? i know some silicone/gel cases are lint-magnets. is this made of a similar material and attracts lints/dusts big time?

thanks!

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
They probably stopped making them because they turn a disgusting shade of yellow.

"Perfect" ... yeah right.

flipangle

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
thanks flipangle for your response. that's too bad that apple store do not carry the belkin grip vue anymore. does that hold true for all apple stores nationwide? do you know why they stopped carrying them? but i might still check our apple store and see if they have any left.

aduteau, thanks for the tip at best buy. i'll check our local best buy out.

to those who own the belkin grip vue, what material is it made of? i know some silicone/gel cases are lint-magnets. is this made of a similar material and attracts lints/dusts big time?

thanks!

I believe it's made out of stuff called TPU. It is not as soft as silicone. It is grippy but does not really collect lint like silicone. I do agree with the poster above that the clear one is not a good option since it does tend to yellow in the long run.

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
probably going to get the Belkin case as something to help protect from using around the house.

Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a case to put iPad + Belkin in when going out and about that could be used for typing too. Was thinking of getting a Yoobao but having to keep swapping cases around could become a pain.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
probably going to get the Belkin case as something to help protect from using around the house.

Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a case to put iPad + Belkin in when going out and about that could be used for typing too. Was thinking of getting a Yoobao but having to keep swapping cases around could become a pain.

This is exactly the combination I'm looking for. So far I have not found a portfolio case (according to research I've seen here) that will hold an iPad with a Belkin case already on it. I would be very interested in something like this. And if I've missed the post by all means correct me :D

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
This is exactly the combination I'm looking for. So far I have not found a portfolio case (according to research I've seen here) that will hold an iPad with a Belkin case already on it. I would be very interested in something like this. And if I've missed the post by all means correct me :D

dont want to change subject of thread much, but ive decided to go for the following setup.

Power Support Anti Glare and Belkin Grip Vue (after seeing this thread)

then ordered MoviePegs so i can stand the iPad for movies and typing (probably try shave the pegs down so it will give the iPad WITH the Belkin on.

then a sleeve, possibly the Belkin Pleat Sleve so i can put the iPad with Grip Vue in, and also the MoviePegs in the side pocket.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Just an FYI, I stopped in at a Fry's today out here in So Cal, and they had tons of the clear and black versions of the Grip Vue. Grabbed a clear one along with the BookArc for the iPad :cool:

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Got my iPad last week and gas the belkin grip vue to put straight on it (black not clear), loved that case. Finally got my power support screen protector today and love it.

So glad I found this thread while researching before getting my iPad. It really is a perfect combo.

Added a belkin sleeve for transport and have movie pegs on order for viewing

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I was looking for the perfect solution for my iPad and I think I have nailed it

Have NO fear if you are looking for a nice, nonslip grip case for your iPad and a better tactile anti glare film. Power Support makes the best film, bar non for your iPhone and iPad now!

Installation of the film took me 2 minutes, dust free, bubble free and str8!

See for yourself Beautiful!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

+1 on this combo.

Just the right amount of protection.

edwincliu

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2010
Would someone Direct me "where" I can buy the iPad anti-glare screen Please !

:apple:
Does the anti-glare make it easier to use the iPad in the sun?

I wish to buy an iPad anti-glare screen - Will someone direct me to Where I can buy one please !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.