Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foghorn leghorn

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2012
Hate to revive an old thread but ive had a iPad Mini 6 since release day and mine just started dropping network after being Updated to iPadOS 16 (16.1). My network hasn't changed and my iPhone 14 PM on iOS 16.1 doesnt have any issues. I have over 40 devices on my network and enough access points and coverage to not have wireless issues. I also made sure my 5ghz was "in the optimal channels" for the iPad Mini and still having issues.

I only noticed it when im doing something that requires consistent data (i.e. streaming video from streaming services, youtube, twitch). When my issue happens, I notice the iPad can barely pull 10 megs down or up while my iPhone right next to it can pull my whole speeds (600/35) without issues. I just put the iPhone next to the iPad and loaded up the same twitch stream and the iPad is stuttering until it drops connection and goes to sleep and my iPhone kept going.

A reboot does fix it but it lasts for another 15-20 minutes before it happens again. Since the only thing thats changed is software upgrade, im going to do a DFU restore to see if that fixes it and if not i will be taking it into Apple on Thursday (made an appt ahead of time).

Lets hope its Software 🤞
Let us know what you find out.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Mine just did this today for the first time. I was reading on the news app for approx half an hour and then went for some lunch. When I came back to the iPad I opened the Amazon app and it told me that I was offline. I then looked and I was connected yet had no data coming through. I toggled WiFi off & then on again and now all is well again. This is a 2 day old replacement for a previous Mini 6 that never dropped its WiFi connection (but had another fault).:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.