Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barsal

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2021
Madrid, Spain
order status went from "Preparing to ship" to "Shipped" yesterday... around 3:00PM PST 12/8.

However, as of today(12/9), the UPS tracking number is still coming up blank on UPS website.

not sure if it's because UPS has not taken possession of the package.... :(
Bad times for deliveries… with all the Xmas obsession, carriers never deliver in time ? my iPad should have been delivered today, but when I called MRW they just said “sorry, there are a lot of deliveries, you have to be patient”

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Bad times for deliveries… with all the Xmas obsession, carriers never deliver in time ? my iPad should have been delivered today, but when I called MRW they just said “sorry, there are a lot of deliveries, you have to be patient”

edit: well... something unexpected just happened. my door cam sent me an alert at 5:02AM so I woke up to see what was going on. I figured that it was probably those deers who had been destroying the plants in front of my front yard again...

I opened the door to see the UPS truck still parked in my driveway. The driver had left a box at the door. It was from "AI".... I opened it up and it was the iPad Mini 6!!!??? Since when does UPS start delivering stuff at 5AM????? (not that I'm complaining... just surprised..... going back to bed now)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Barsal

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
I have ordered a purple mini 64gb on apple website on 11/28 with delivery date jan 6-jan 13. I also ordered the same one from best buy one hour later with shipment date of 12/20. Today, I’ve got an email from Best Buy that it was shipped by USPS priority mail. Will cancel my order from apple as soon as I get it from Best Buy.

Open-Source-Norange

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
Update from my last post:
I found that Amazon actually had the exact same make and model of the iPad mini I wanted, and in stock too! So I canceled my Apple website order (the payment hadn't even gone through) and made the exact order on Amazon. It should be arriving the next Wednesday or Friday and I am HYPE.

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
Update from my last post:
I found that Amazon actually had the exact same make and model of the iPad mini I wanted, and in stock too! So I canceled my Apple website order (the payment hadn't even gone through) and made the exact order on Amazon. It should be arriving the next Wednesday or Friday and I am HYPE.
Perfect! It seems like target, Best Buy and Amazon have stock every day. My mini is in Georgia right now- getting it right before Christmas!

Open-Source-Norange

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
Perfect! It seems like target, Best Buy and Amazon have stock every day. My mini is in Georgia right now- getting it right before Christmas!
Wow, nice! Glad that it's coming so soon since it seems like now the iPads are taking longer to ship, particularly the Minis.
Mine so far is in Utah and shipped the same day! Fingers crossed that it comes sooner than expected, but I shouldn't rush. I'm just happy that this is coming before Christmas. I hope my Pencil order comes in around the same time too.

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
Wow, nice! Glad that it's coming so soon since it seems like now the iPads are taking longer to ship, particularly the Minis.
Mine so far is in Utah and shipped the same day! Fingers crossed that it comes sooner than expected, but I shouldn't rush. I'm just happy that this is coming before Christmas. I hope my Pencil order comes in around the same time too.
This is a Christmas present for my wife and I didn’t realize mini is in such a high demand! I also got a smart folio in purple which should come December 15-22 from apple. Fingers crossed we are all getting it right in time!

Reactions: Superman730

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
I received mine! But it's my Xmas and birthday present from my bf, so I haven't opened it yet ? My hype is too high!
Congrats! I’ve got mine as well on 12/13 from Bestbuy. Interesting, Apple still shows out of stock in all the stores around, but Bestbuy has it available for pick up on 12/20 or delivery on 12/21 for pretty much every model.

• Love
Reactions: Barsal

jagfan

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
JAX, FL area
Ordered Mini 6, Starlight, WiFi 64GB on Nov 29th. Delivery in 5-6 weeks.
Update: Local Apple store received a unit last week and I was able to pick it up. Only drawback, it was the pink color and I'm not a pink person. After seeing the device in person, I would definitely not describe the color as "pink". To my eyes, it is more of a light silvery-gold, depending upon the light and angle. Anyway, I have been using it for a week now and really enjoying it except for the finger ID. It's kind of awkward and I would have much preferred facial ID. I did not cancel my original order for the starlight due in early January, but I probably will.

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
My final iPad mini shipping update…it has shipped to it’s new owner.

It was great - just wasn’t the right iPad for me (taking delivery of iPad 9th gen tomorrow). Hope you all enjoy your Minis!

fp99

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2021
Ordered Space Gray Wi-Fi, 64gb, 2 nights ago from Amazon. Shipping ETA is Jan. 20th.

Last edited:

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
As I see the regular shipping times sail into the middle of February, I talked to an apple rep in store while at a Genius Bar appointment and he told me that apple.com uploads store inventory late at night and for sure by 6am every morning. I have been looking at the apple store app for inventory for the past week trying to buy my kids second iPad mini 6, and i got lucky on Friday for in store pick up today!!!

The only problem was i had to drive 3 hours because it was the nearest one with inventory and good thing I did because I just found out the Apple Stores in Texas are closing again starting Monday because of the Omnicron cases until who knows when, OMGGG

I have twins my tech savvy boy who saw the keynote wanted one release day and actually traded it for a mini 6 when it was released the other one likes to procrastinate so naturally he wasn’t interested until Christmas the only problem being I didn’t foresee them taking forever to deliver but the whole process lasted a week!

Attachments

• DA067A6D-FB4C-4E43-86A7-D2D97EDAA908.jpeg
    DA067A6D-FB4C-4E43-86A7-D2D97EDAA908.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: rgarjr

teralpar

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
Ordered Starlight 256gb cellular last night from Verizon and it shipped this morning! ETA 12/29/21. I purchased an M1 iPad Pro 11” a few months ago but I love the mini form factor! I’ve owned all Mini generations except for the 3rd Gen.

Reactions: dantracht and fp99

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
If I order the mini today from Apple's site, what are the chances that it'd be delivered sooner than the expected Feb 6-10 delivery date listed?

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Not very good at this time. Mine is due Jan 2 and is not yet being prepared to ship.

Update, my base mini in starlight ordered 18 November shipped today (29 Dec) from the Pa warehouse to be delivered tomorrow. I hear that cell companies may have some stock, if you want cellular.

Another update: From UPS second day air: "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed". It was picked up Wednesday morning (29th) and is now scheduled for Jan 2.... :( UPS has seemed to me to be much less reliable than other carriers over the past few months.

Last edited:

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Props to Verizon! Not only did they have a 256gb starlight Mini 6 in stock, but I got it in ONE DAY so I treated myself. I also qualified for a $100 off promotion in bill credits, which I am totally cool with. So....I sold my mini 5 today and once my ESR brand case (would have gotten an Apple brand case but not crazy about their new folios) to arrive tonite and I'll get it all set up. Woohoo!

Reactions: teralpar

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Ordered Starlight 256gb cellular last night from Verizon and it shipped this morning! ETA 12/29/21. I purchased an M1 iPad Pro 11” a few months ago but I love the mini form factor! I’ve owned all Mini generations except for the 3rd Gen.
SAME!

Reactions: teralpar

Ryatzu

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Here from the netherlands the ipad mini is mostly sold out of sold more then the retail price.

Ive been waiting for days for a webshop to get restock and it finally happened. Got an 64gb space grey versions and it delicered next day.
Ordered the smart folio case from amazon with an spigen screen protector.

50394325-3B72-4D3E-89A5-33DAFE70952C.jpeg
A7A99CE7-FBB3-400C-8803-863827FFAC3A.jpeg

trhoffmann

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
Managed to snag an iPad mini 6 (Starlight/256GB) with orange folio at the Altamonte (FL) Apple Store for pickup at 5PM EST today. Cancelled my order with a Feb 2 delivery date. Happy New Year to me. Very excited to get it 4 weeks earlier.

UPDATE: All set up and after a few hours use … WOW. What an incredible little device, especially when paired with the Apple Pencil. It will be interesting to see how much I end up using the mini versus my IPP 12.9, which I have used almost exclusively over the past 18 months. I don’t own a Mac.

Last edited:

Brewc

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2014
SouthWestern Virginia
Are you guys able to find if a mini is in stock on Verizon or AT&T site? I have no luck through the mobile sites, looking for space gray cellular

Last edited:

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Are you guys able to find if it’s A mini is in stock on Verizon or AT&T site? I have no luck through mobile sites, looking for space gray cellular
The only stock I was able to find was on Verizon's site last week. You may not get the color you want, but go through all the colors and see which one has "two day shipping" which usually means it's in stock. Got mine next day.

Reactions: rgarjr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.