Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
@masotime I just got my mini, how is the stand holding out? Find any alternatives?

No problems with the ProClip mount so far. I've done some research but the others are usually suction, cup holder or some other awkward mounting position - the ProClip still feels like the best to me.

Since it's an iPad, the nice part is that you can use split screen (landscape mode), so I've indulged in random things like navigating with both Apple and Google Maps open at the same time. There could be other more practical variations - maybe ABRP and Google Maps, etc, or even a web browser on one half - e.g. I've had https://whatismyelevation.com/ open in Safari on one half of the screen before.

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
I ordered an engraved iPad mini 6 yesterday which has shipped but is coming from Clayton, IN instead of China (I’m in Canada). Does Apple engrave their products in the US now? I thought engraved products always ship from China.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I ordered an engraved iPad mini 6 yesterday which has shipped but is coming from Clayton, IN instead of China (I’m in Canada). Does Apple engrave their products in the US now? I thought engraved products always ship from China.
I'm sure COVID has something to do with it.

Since the iPad Mini has been out for a long time, I'm sure Apple has a warehouse in the US, in Indiana, full of them. Regarding engraving, maybe they do have a shop somewhere in the US where they can engrave their devices and ship them out. It's not that complicated to engrave a device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.