Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Ugh.....lined up an order a SG cellular 256GB in my cart, and while I've been on the phone with Apple trying to correct a gift card redemption issue, delivery has slipped from 9/24 to 10/13. :mad:

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Ordered the 256GB Space Grey WiFi, have only recently got an iPad Pro 11 but I find it too big, looking for more of an A5 size than A4 size to use as my take everywhere diary/calendar/organiser because lets face it, the iPhone screen can be frustrating to use with it's size constraints. 64 isn't enough and 256 is overkill but that's why Apple didn't give us a 128 option!

Also, I'm a big fan of the classic Apple silver (Silver MBP / Silver Apple Watch) so to see that omitted is a great shame! Black Folio and Apple Pencil ordered also.

stretch80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Ugh.....lined up an order a SG cellular 256GB in my cart, and while I've been on the phone with Apple trying to correct a gift card redemption issue, delivery has slipped from 9/24 to 10/13. :mad:
Bummer! Hopefully your date will end up being much sooner! ?

ticctacc

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
Brooklyn
just ordered the purple 64gb/wifi !! I had the older 64gb cellular that I carry in my sling I use it as a watch videos in the gym and as a sketchpad for procreate and adobe illustrator. I have a iPad Pro that I do bigger art and all my photo edits and my Mac Pro 2019 does fCP and Ableton(my money work stuff). I'm going to replace my old iPad mini with the new one I'm excited. I thought iPhone was very boring and also the watch was too. I'll keep my older ones for 2 more years I think.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Ordered the 256 GB 5G in Starlight. My first iPad mini which I'll probably use to replace my 2020 iPad Pro which I haven't used much since getting the M1 MacBook Air. The lackluster iPadOS announcements earlier this year has made me less interested in the iPad Pro. I'll use the mini mostly for content consumption and the MBA for anything requiring a keyboard and performance. (Though with the A15, the mini shouldn't be a slouch in that department).

Delivers with a Smart Folio on Friday 24th.

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
Ordered purple 64gb with cellular. No case or apple pencil. I’ll wait for the cheaper folio with the magnetic cover for the pencil on amazon, and I’ll try to snag the pencil itself on sale at costco or best buy.

Still debating changing to 256gb storage, but it’s pretty hard to justify ?.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Ordered purple 64gb with cellular. No case or apple pencil. I’ll wait for the cheaper folio with the magnetic cover for the pencil on amazon, and I’ll try to snag the pencil itself on sale at costco or best buy.

Yeah, I probably should have gone with the 64 GB considering how I currently use my iPad Pro. But it is hard to downgrade from a larger SSD to a smaller one without feeling like you are going to regret it.

Reactions: stretch80

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015

I found the cellular hard to justify. I’d rather spend the extra for storage than cellular.

Reactions: stretch80

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I found the cellular hard to justify. I’d rather spend the extra for storage than cellular.
I went with just WiFi just one time and regretted it. It just makes the iPad less useful. Always having a cellular connection is just too convenient. I found the iPhone tethering thing had too much friction to be convenient. Looking forward to 5G on an iPad.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
Just ordered the starlight but it looks too beige for me, so went for the pink,
Also just listed my iPad air 4 in the marketplace. Here’s what it said when I googled it.
Starlight is the most neutral color and replaces the previous silver style. Compared to silver, starlight almost appears to be slightly tan.

Last edited:
Reactions: three and stretch80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.