Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Any suggestions on a 11" Pro case that uses the magnets (no frame around iPad) Much like the Apple case but that has a small loop for the pen, I'm worried I'm going to bump it and lose the pen. I have a case with the full "snap in" for the pen, I really want minimalist. Not keen on the back pouch for the pen either

TIA!

See post #135 above.

Supercookiemonster

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2019
I’ve had my ipad pro for a month now and I bought multiple cases and accessories. I am now done with my case selection! I wanted a case that would make it feel like the ipad is “almost” naked

I am using a very thin case that is barely noticeable ( I dont like having a case but gotta protect the investment) I am pleasantly surprised because it is still protective( dropped it 2 times... yeah I know)

On amazon the name is :
Timovo Case for ipad pro 11 inch 2018, [Support Apple Pencil Pair & Charging], Ultra Slim Lightweight Shock Absorbant Flexible TPU Air-Pillow Edge Protective Case for Ipad Pro 11” 2018 - Black

I received my apple pencil yesterday and the charging is perfect even with the case on

I am also using a Jetech protective tempered glass with it and it still fits perfectly

( I use a smart case when I need to take it for work to take notes but I use my ipad at home 99% of the time so I only mainly use the Timovo case)

I can also share pictures if anyone is interested

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I’ve had my ipad pro for a month now and I bought multiple cases and accessories. I am now done with my case selection! I wanted a case that would make it feel like the ipad
( I use a smart case when I need to take it for work to take notes but I use my ipad at home 99% of the time so I only mainly use the Timovo case)

Neat case! I was wondering; do you worry about the screen getting scratched? How would you set it up to watch movie or type? Sometimes my iPad fall flat on the face,I would worry about our 1K devife

Supercookiemonster

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2019
Neat case! I was wondering; do you worry about the screen getting scratched? How would you set it up to watch movie or type? Sometimes my iPad fall flat on the face,I would worry about our 1K devife
I have a tempered glass on the screen so I really dont worry about scratches! If you apply it correctly its really subtle , I have the jetech tempered glass from amazon
I also bought a little pillow thing from amazon (tablet pillow holder) for when I am on the couch but I end up holding it in my hands most of the time... I buy too much stuff for my ipad hahaha but its fun to use when I watch movies and stuff
For typing I put it on my lap or use it like an Iphone
The black Timovo case is perfect for ppl who dont want a case but still decide to get one just to protect the investment

I’m thinking about getting the zugu for when I have to use it at work and I need to take notes, instead of using a smart case! Just because I love the new colors... I just hope it isnt too bulky I hate when it is... I shouldnt buy it because I would use it maybe once every month but I’ve read so many good reviews

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
YELLOW TINT IPHONE 12 PANELS
Been using the Ottetbox semetry case the last week and absolutely loving it. Tried many Amazon cases and the Moshi Versacase and the OtterBox is the best by far IMHO. I love the feel one fact it keeps the front cover held via the magnet when in book mood fairly well. It does add a little bulk and weight but nothing to bothersome. Loving the Starry Night colour as well, looks incredible with the SG iPad Pro. Only negative for me is the back cover will scratch rather easily and wish the buttons were a little more tactile. Will be my daily driver until someone dethrones it, if ever .

AJB1971

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
I decided to go with something a bit different.

My preferred choice of case for previous iPads was always a Smart Cover with some form of protection for the back.

The Smart Folio looked good but it didn’t offer the level of protection that I wanted. I really needed something that offered good coverage of the sides of the device to protect against bumps and scratches. It also had to be lightweight.

I found a few cases which offered good side protection. They were hard shells with covers attached, but I realised that most of the time I detached the Smart Cover when I was using my previous iPads as it just got in the way.

There's a case on this thread with a detachable cover, but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for.

I ended up buying the following -
IMG_0254.jpeg IMG_0253.jpeg IMG_0249.jpeg IMG_0250.jpeg
It’s branded as designed by Xundd and it actually came in a proper box. The label says it's part of their Beetle series. There seem to be numerous sellers on eBay, Amazon, and Aliexpress, if you’re prepared to wait for delivery. The branding and prices vary, but they all look like the same case.

It’s very light. I don’t perceive any difference with the case on or off. The cut-outs all line up perfectly and the quality is excellent. The clear plastic back is like glass so it does pick up fingerprints. A textured finish would feel nicer. The TPU bumper means I don’t have any issues holding the iPad. Apparently, the Pencil 2 will attach despite the side being covered.

There's a video of it here although it's under a different name -

I then needed something to protect the screen when the iPad wasn’t in use. I did a lot of research, cross-referencing the dimensions of the iPad against other devices, and I found the following moulded EVA bag which fits the iPad perfectly when it’s in the Xundd case. Without the case, it will slide about because the iPad is so thin -
IMG_0255.jpeg IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg
I would imagine it will fit the iPad with Apple’s Smart Folio or Smart Keyboard attached and there may be room for the Pencil 2.

The bag is available here -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Falcon-1...010659?hash=item287c8879a3:g:crMAAOSwGhxbtic3
https://www.falconbags.com/10-6-falcon-moulded-eva-laptop-case-fi2722-silver-fi2722.html

Both the bag and case cost me a total of £16 or £10 after discounts and promotional vouchers.

Note - The zips on the Falcon bags are weak. The first bag I received was already broken, but I dismissed this, however, the replacement broke after a few weeks. You can still zip the bags up, but the metal hooks which the pullers attach to snapped off on both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porterhouse

davidmt

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2006
I think it is very strange that Apple has not released any new colors for the iPad Pro Smart Folio. It has been the 3 same colors since launch. I keep looking to see if anything has been added but continue to be disappointed.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
I decided to go with something a bit different.

My preferred choice of case for previous iPads was always a Smart Cover with some form of protection for the back.

The Smart Folio looked good but it didn’t offer the level of protection that I wanted. I really needed something that offered good coverage of the sides of the device to protect against bumps and scratches. It also had to be lightweight.

I found a few cases which offered good side protection. They were hard shells with covers attached, but I realised that most of the time I detached the Smart Cover when I was using my previous iPads as it just got in the way.

There's a case on this thread with a detachable cover, but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for.

I ended up buying the following -
View attachment 835607 View attachment 835608 View attachment 835610 View attachment 835611
It’s branded as designed by Xundd and it actually came in a proper box. The label says it's part of their Beetle series. There seem to be numerous sellers on eBay, Amazon, and Aliexpress, if you’re prepared to wait for delivery. The branding and prices vary, but they all look like the same case.

It’s very light. I don’t perceive any difference with the case on or off. The cut-outs all line up perfectly and the quality is excellent. The clear plastic back is like glass so it does pick up fingerprints. A textured finish would feel nicer. The TPU bumper means I don’t have any issues holding the iPad. Apparently, the Pencil 2 will attach despite the side being covered.

There's a video of it here although it's under a different name -

I then needed something to protect the screen when the iPad wasn’t in use. I did a lot of research, cross-referencing the dimensions of the iPad against other devices, and I found the following moulded EVA bag which fits the iPad perfectly when it’s in the Xundd case. Without the case, it will slide about because the iPad is so thin -
View attachment 835618 View attachment 835619
View attachment 835620
I would imagine it will fit the iPad with Apple’s Smart Folio or Smart Keyboard attached and there may be room for the Pencil 2.

The bag is available here -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Falcon-1...010659?hash=item287c8879a3:g:crMAAOSwGhxbtic3
https://www.falconbags.com/10-6-falcon-moulded-eva-laptop-case-fi2722-silver-fi2722.html

Both the bag and case cost me a total of £16 or £10 after discounts and promotional vouchers.

Note - The zips on the Falcon bags are weak. The first bag I received was already broken, but I dismissed this, however, the replacement broke after a few weeks. You can still zip the bags up, but the metal hooks which the pullers attach to snapped off on both of them.

I want a case exactly like this but with a folo style cover where I can stand it up. I had one on my 10.5 with the folding apple keyboard and loved it. Now u gotta get there whole case but I don't want that. Do they even make a folding cover thats magnetic for the side like the old cases?

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I picked a standard leather book type case for mine but it feels too bulky/uncomfortable to hold in tablet mode with the cover folded back, so what I’d love is a protective back case with a kickstand similar to how the Microsoft Surface is, but no cover/keyboard covering the screen.

6402E9D3-294F-4127-8837-D1B842AE3CFC.png

I’ve tried searching Amazonia no avail. Anyone know of a case with a solid kickstand like this?

jahobie

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
I picked a standard leather book type case for mine but it feels too bulky/uncomfortable to hold in tablet mode with the cover folded back, so what I’d love is a protective back case with a kickstand similar to how the Microsoft Surface is, but no cover/keyboard covering the screen.

View attachment 849884

I’ve tried searching Amazonia no avail. Anyone know of a case with a solid kickstand like this?

Found this one today. I am looking for something similar...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3DHVLW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?th=1

Reactions: Dr McKay

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
For those not needing the pencil, the Apple Folio case is a great investment. A year later, it’s an ideal sleek, practical & minimalist accompaniment to the iPad Pro.

Reactions: jazz1

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I think it is very strange that Apple has not released any new colors for the iPad Pro Smart Folio. It has been the 3 same colors since launch. I keep looking to see if anything has been added but continue to be disappointed.

I miss the sleeves they made for the old 10.5 :(

Reactions: jazz1

piblondin

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Anyone have a suggestion for a sleeve that will fit the iPad with the Apple keyboard folio? I do not need it to fit the pencil.

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Got the Vaja as always - Libretto this time. It is a step back as for the 9.7“ pro there was that case with detachable front cover, which I loved.

Also back to Floater leather, the darkening on the vegetable tanned Bridge leather was pretty extreme. But still felt nicer.

Price was 129€ incl. shipping (Sale item plus discount) which is rather OK for a quality leather case.

Attachments

• C5FE8D9B-2920-48C2-8496-A9BC9ECEB2F9.jpeg
    C5FE8D9B-2920-48C2-8496-A9BC9ECEB2F9.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Porterhouse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.