Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
Looks great. I’m assuming you bought the 11 inch folio from Brydge? I have the 12.9 pro and I’m looking at the Brydge sleeve.

Thanks for the review! I'm currently looking for a bag; I'd probably look more closely at the Brydge if there was a shoulder strap. (Yes, I'm picky.)

Reactions: RevTEG

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
How has this Fintie case been holding up for you? I’ve been eyeing it because of the multiple viewing angles and would love to hear your opinion after a couple weeks of use.

It has held up well and continues to be my go to case after my keyboard case. One issue though no fault of the Fintie case is if you have a glass screen protector on it does continue to have the decreased touch sensitivity unless you are touching a side of the ipad.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
It has held up well and continues to be my go to case after my keyboard case. One issue though no fault of the Fintie case is if you have a glass screen protector on it does continue to have the decreased touch sensitivity unless you are touching a side of the ipad.

That’s good to hear. I actually ended up ordering one despite not having heard back from you. I figured for 16 bucks if it’s a dud then it’s no big deal.

It’s set to arrive Monday. I’ll report back with my thoughts once I’ve had some time to play with it.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Looks great. I’m assuming you bought the 11 inch folio from Brydge? I have the 12.9 pro and I’m looking at the Brydge sleeve.

Yeah...this is for the 11” iPad Pro. The 12.9” looks to be built the same way...but bigger.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Got this case off amazon and so far I’m really liking it.

dce96e1dee70e11892554a9c3ab14380.jpg
24ce974959a375110bbaf93f4b352e4a.jpg
babf4065c69fc13829b997d3c8d2d099.jpg

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
Here's my (rather lengthy) iPad case review. Hang on tight!

When I first got my iPad Pro 11, I put it in this case from Amazon. I didn't know if I was going to get the ASK, as this is my first IPP, and I definitely didn't want to take it out of the Apple Store without a cover. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J6NKVZP/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(It's not available now, but they keep restocking it.)

The case is okay, but the magnets aren't as strong as I would have liked. It doesn't have the sleep/wake function either. But for $8, it did its job. (Later, I've tried a couple of other knockoff SFs from Amazon. Same problem with the magnets each time, so I sent them back.)

I bit the bullet and got what I thought was the ASK but is actually the SKF. Same thing (more or less), different generation. I thought that having the keyboard behind me when in tablet mode would bother me, but since I normally use an iPad pillow, it wasn't a big deal. Even when I'm not using the pillow, I quickly became accustomed to the keyboard on the back. But since I don't use the keyboard that much at home, I kept looking for a case to use when I was just reading.

I love the feel and smell of quality leather, so my next purchase with the Pad & Quill Oxford case. https://www.padandquill.com/oxford-ipad-pro-11.html It's a gorgeous case with quality leather. However, as so many others noted, P&Q uses a special adhesive to hold the iPP in place. I didn't have the problems with the adhesive that I thought I might. It's easy to use, and if you take the iPP out of the case, it doesn't leave a mark or residual glue. However, if you try using the Oxford case with the SKF (as shown on the P&Q website) and then remove from the SKF, it leaves an ugly spot that's hard to clean. Of course, as most of you know, everything leaves a spot on the SKF, so that wasn't a complete deal breaker, though it was a start. There's a line of threading inside the case (the part that faces the glass of the IPP); it's there so that you can prop up the case like a stand. However, that line of threading would cause a smudge on the iPP; it was there every time I opened it, and it drove me nuts. So I wrapped it up and sent it back to P&Q.

Next (in between spurts of using the KSF), I went with Fintie. https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-SlimS...&keywords=ipad+pro+11+fintie+composition+case. At $9, it's a bargain. It provides side protection, the sleep/wake works, and there's a place to hold the Pencil.

I also tried the SF. I wasn't going to buy it, but I had some certificates that were about to expire and BB was having a deal on their open boxes, so I decided to try it. To my surprise, I really like it. The magnets are much stronger than on the cheap knockoffs I had found on Amazon.

At the moment, I'm either going caseless or using the SF at home and sometimes putting the SKF when I leave. I like that the cases are so easy to change, though the Fintie Composition Case wasn't that much harder to switch and it has side protection.

Therefore, what Apple has provided, maybe putting the iPP in a nice sleeve, might be my answer. At the same time, due to my love of a good leather case, I'm strongly considering the Burkley case. https://www.burkleycase.com/smart-l...ipad-pro-11-2018-version-in-distressed-brown/. Or I might wait

Obviously, this has been a quest of sorts, but I believe if anyone understands, it's the people here in this forum!

arsy51

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2018
Anyone know of a reputable company that makes waterproof cases? I had a LifeProof for my old 10.5" but they told me they won't be making them for the iPP 11". Armor-X advertised one but when you go to their site, I can't seem to find a waterproof option for the 11".

PatrycjaKozdra

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
It looks good. Was it hard to apply?

I've ordered one from Best Skins Ever (I think), but I'm not that good at applying screen protectors. Something tells me that this might be harder.

It was actually really easy. There was no blowing it with a heat gun or anything of that nature. It also wasn't my first time applying a skin on a device.

Reactions: Porterhouse

arsy51

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2018
So I ordered and just installed the MX-A9TMP case from Armor-X (USD$80, shipped from China); it's waterproof down to to 2m for 1 hr, and shockproof from 1.2m. I had a Zagg screen protector on that I had to take off in order for this case to work, but zero issues so far with swiping, tapping, and Face ID. Power button, volume buttons all work as-expected. Seems just as sturdy, if not sturdier, than the LifeProof case I had on my old iPP 10.5.

Apologies for some photos being sideways, I couldn't rotate them once I posted this.

9EE69B5E-809E-4DC8-924A-7C88646A5B70.jpeg 5AC5D736-10C1-4BE1-8925-8718AD4353D6.jpeg 8A5C8978-640B-4690-888D-C890C6CB0C5C.jpeg 5D2EF3A2-C470-4089-828B-B64EE8A723C1.jpeg A15BF4D5-5161-4860-BBFC-B960D3745D9A.jpeg 2F3F83A2-AED2-4D3E-9307-71F2A93D337F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Porterhouse

Seand442

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2018
I’ll fully admit I’ve been spoiled with my old air 2 and the apple case it has been in. So far, I’m on my second amazon case and I’m starting to go nuts. Does anyone know of any tri-fold case that will actually stay in either folded position if moved? My old apple leather air 2 case is sturdy as hell. I’m on #2 and this one may go back too.

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
So have been looking for something similar to the Smart Folio case that also allows for the different viewing angles that the keyboard case provides and found this on Amazon and just received today. Branding is Fintie and is a smart folio style case with a crease in the rear and magnets on the front that allows for two different viewing angles without having to fold the front cover to make into a stand.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KR3N7YX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

View attachment 814900 View attachment 814901 View attachment 814902 View attachment 814903
How strong are the magnets in the case? I was looking at reviews before buying and few seemed disappointed in the magnet strength. Just wanted to get your thoughts!

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
How strong are the magnets in the case? I was looking at reviews before buying and few seemed disappointed in the magnet strength. Just wanted to get your thoughts!

I have the same case and in my opinion the magnets are too weak. The case often falls off completely when I try to detach the half that comes off to allow for the different viewing angles. Additionally, it will fall off sometimes when adjusting the angle or moving the iPad.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Earth

I agree with the previous poster that the magnets are weak but never had the case fall off unless I'm dangling it from the cover, but I would not do this purposefully. The case is sufficient for my needs which is to provide different viewing angles particularly when I'm watching videos or reading.

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
I agree with the previous poster that the magnets are weak but never had the case fall off unless I'm dangling it from the cover, but I would not do this purposefully. The case is sufficient for my needs which is to provide different viewing angles particularly when I'm watching videos or reading.
Thanks for the reply. I got the case in the mail today, and I think it’s perfect for my needs. I did the dangle test over my couch and the case didn’t move out of the case so it’ll do!

Enclavean

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2018
Looking for a case for the 11” that covers the side but has a detachable cover. Wanna have a similar setup to the previous iPad pros where we can remove the cover and still have a case on it.

Any help is appreciated!

Rory76

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2017
Looking for a case for the 11” that covers the side but has a detachable cover. Wanna have a similar setup to the previous iPad pros where we can remove the cover and still have a case on it.

Any help is appreciated!
Valkit for iPad Pro 11 Case 2018,iPad Pro 11 inch Cover,Support Apple Pencil Charging,Protective Smart Folio Stand Cases with Auto Sleep/Wake+Apple Pencil Holder+Removable Front Cover, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KM23J8B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_JqeNCb4CRW617

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Any suggestions on a 11" Pro case that uses the magnets (no frame around iPad) Much like the Apple case but that has a small loop for the pen, I'm worried I'm going to bump it and lose the pen. I have a case with the full "snap in" for the pen, I really want minimalist. Not keen on the back pouch for the pen either

TIA!

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I just upgraded from an iPad Air 2 and had the apple leather smart case. Does anybody know of a similar case for the new iPad Pro 11”?

Edit: or maybe a leather version of the smart folio case?

Seand442

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2018
I just upgraded from an iPad Air 2 and had the apple leather smart case. Does anybody know of a similar case for the new iPad Pro 11”?

Edit: or maybe a leather version of the smart folio case?

Same boat here. That smart case spoiled me. So far, I’ve returned two to Amazon. When the cover is folded over, it never seems to stay. It’s always collapsing, unlike the smart case. If you find one, please share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.