Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ddhawk

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2016
I’ve noticed a Bluetooth symbol on the Home app icon in the dock… is this new? Anyone know what it indicates? This is on my iPad Pro (M1); doesn’t show up on my iPhone 13 Mini.
Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 09.34.22.png

calmelb

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2016
I’ve noticed a Bluetooth symbol on the Home app icon in the dock… is this new? Anyone know what it indicates? This is on my iPad Pro (M1); doesn’t show up on my iPhone 13 Mini.
Its been around a while, iPhone usually appears at the bottom of the multitasking window. Means that you usually use the app when connected to a bluetooth device/ a specific bluetooth device (eg my iphone shows the music app when I get into my car)

smbu2000

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
Why did Apple remove the option to disable Multitasking Gestures in iPadOS 15?
It's very annoying not to be able to disable/enable it anymore. It makes some games/apps unusable now. It was available on ipads since they introduced gestures. Why remove the option now?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253205423

I sent feedback to Apple about it. Hopefully, they bring it back.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Why did Apple remove the option to disable Multitasking Gestures in iPadOS 15?
It's very annoying not to be able to disable/enable it anymore. It makes some games/apps unusable now. It was available on ipads since they introduced gestures. Why remove the option now?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253205423

I sent feedback to Apple about it. Hopefully, they bring it back.
Multi-tasking is still available. Are you familiar with how to invoke it?

If not, have a look at the following: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/use-multitasking-on-your-ipad

smbu2000

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
Multi-tasking is still available. Are you familiar with how to invoke it?

If not, have a look at the following: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/use-multitasking-on-your-ipad
I know multitasking is available. I want to be able to disable it. Specifically disable multitasking gestures (3 finger swipe,etc.)
This is how it was up until iPadOS14:
https://9to5mac.com/2020/02/17/how-to-turn-off-ipad-multitasking/

The option to disable gestures has been removed from iPadOS 15 though.
Some apps/games that I have require the use of multiple fingers at the same time and multitasking gestures interferes with that. Up until now, I would disable gestures while I used the app/game and then after I would re-enable it. Now that isn't an option.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
The number of bike share users is minuscule compared to the number of people who eat in restaurants. Let's be real here.
And? Bikeshare may not be important to you, but it is to others.

Bikeshare is easier to get around a few KMs that it is a car, in a congested city.

Apple is being progressive in adding this type of functionality, and which already exist in competing apps.

AngrofMayfair

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2019
Melbourne Australia
I have a number of apps on my iPadPro that will only open in portrait mode which means they are always 'side on' as my iPP is on a kbd and in permanent landscape mode.
It seems that there was to be an option to rotate these iPhone/portrait only apps announced for iOS/iPadOS15:

Did this ever actually happen? Can't seem to find the option anywhere in iPadOS15 settings...

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I have a number of apps on my iPadPro that will only open in portrait mode which means they are always 'side on' as my iPP is on a kbd and in permanent landscape mode.
It seems that there was to be an option to rotate these iPhone/portrait only apps announced for iOS/iPadOS15:

Did this ever actually happen? Can't seem to find the option anywhere in iPadOS15 settings...
It works for most, but I did find that StubHub never turns.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

Yes, it works for the most part. But its specifically for iPhone apps… not blown up iPhone apps. I do agree with you that blown up iPhone apps should then convert to a actual iPhone app (which could turn portrait). But I think the problem is on the developers for creating blown up iPhone apps.. either they should of not have a iPad version at all or take the time to develop an app to utilize the bigger real estate for the iPad.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Is anyone having issues with login/passwords on website/apps not automatically filling in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.