Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
As expected, the previously leaked Geekbench scores are real.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/17/apple-iphone-11-review/

F6CBA68F-25F0-4885-AEFF-C000FA7C5EAB.png

Reactions: Jimmy James

eulslix

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2016
God, the word amazing doesn't do these pictures any justice. They did an incredible job, considering the sensors and glass they're working with. I'm not concerned anymore using the iPhone as my goto photo camera. The implementation of the nightmode is everything I hoped for: No overblown mushy crap. It's barely a bit on the oversaturated side.

The videos though... still not really usable out of the box. In daylight, seems like they're fine, but i see A LOT of compression artefacts, which I assume are not due to youtube. This part is fixable with filmic pro, so i'm sure the camera will hold up as a replacement in daylight.
But in darker situations... holy crap that thing falls apart. I don't understand why to be honest. They deliver such unbelievable results in the other departments, I'm surprised the fast processor, the fast sensor readout and the 3 lenses together don't produce some kind of dramatically improved video night mode.

Did the reviewers maybe forget about trying to switch to 24fps for night mode in video? Because someone shared a screenshot of this option.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
In that Verge review at about 4:30, isn't he describing Deep Fusion which isn't available yet?

balaplus

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2017
They deliver such unbelievable results in the other departments, I'm surprised the fast processor, the fast sensor readout and the 3 lenses together don't produce some kind of dramatically improved video night mode
Something for next year perhaps?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I love how Matt Panzerino took it to Disneyland. His night shots were pretty impressive there.

Really looks like there is a great improvement over the XS camera.
[doublepost=1568718205][/doublepost]
Most positive review ever from verge lol

Lol they were pretty good. I’m a big fan of Dieter Bohn, but it seemed a bit dumb to complain about the 5W charger in the box immediately after praising how the iPhone 11 easily lasts all day. I dunno, if I never have to worry about charging mid day, I’d prefer to have a 5W charge overnight instead of consistently fast charging.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
After watching the Verge review and seeing their photo samples, i’m glad i opted for the 11pro Max. It does an amazing job compared to the other phone cameras on the market. I was contemplating getting a Pixel 4 but now it seems there is no need to get one. The iphone 11 pro’s camera could be on par with it.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

eulslix

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2016
That image on the right it terrifying in an "uncanny valley" way

Yeah, the shading of the face kind of got lost, maybe a bit too much darkness compensation. Doesn’t seem to be an issue on the Pro so far hmm...

In general, night mode seems to oversaturate the images a bit. I hope they’ll tune this a bit, otherwise I’ll guess the saturation slider should fix it in post.

Damon2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I love how Matt Panzerino took it to Disneyland. His night shots were pretty impressive there.

Really looks like there is a great improvement over the XS camera.
[doublepost=1568718205][/doublepost]

Lol they were pretty good. I’m a big fan of Dieter Bohn, but it seemed a bit dumb to complain about the 5W charger in the box immediately after praising how the iPhone 11 easily lasts all day. I dunno, if I never have to worry about charging mid day, I’d prefer to have a 5W charge overnight instead of consistently fast charging.
There was nothing dumb about it.
Paying $700 for a phone and they’re not including a fast charger? A fast charger isn’t a “pro” feature, there is not any excuse to not include one.

Reactions: tonybarnaby

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
No confirmation of the amount of RAM in the Pro. Still widely reported as 6 GB by resellers.
I don't know if I missed it somewhere, what about the RAM?
Didn’t see RAM amount posted but so far there hasn’t been a single shred of real evidence of 6 GB.

That image on the right is terrifying in an "uncanny valley" way
Yes that picture is horrible. I suspect this night mode feature will require multiple shots to get a good one, as is often true for everything in photography, and the feature may get better over time like portrait mode did.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
What’s the direct transfer restore that TechCrunch talks about? Is it this?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

Trying to see if there are any advantages vs an iCloud restore.

Yup, that’s the one. First appeared in iOS 12.4. Seems like a nice option. The inherent advantage vs iCloud restore is that no internet connection is needed. You can either do it wired between iPhones, or over wifi (the iPhones will create an ad-hoc direct wifi connection for the transfer).

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2017
Does this look like collor accuracy? I know it's in viewfinder, but take a look closer to the gallery shortcut, the photo has been taken.

1.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.