Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Does this look like collor accuracy? I know it's in viewfinder, but take a look closer to the gallery shortcut, the photo has been taken.

View attachment 859209
A picture of a picture. In this case, you have no idea if the camera used to take the picture of the phones viewfinder is even exposing the foreground and background properly, which it's likely not. It's why the Night Mode portion of CNET's review shows the viewfinder blown out, but the final image they show looks great.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Because not everybody charges only overnight so now what?
Usage varies.
Some people might want a quick top of their battery before they go somewhere.

Why people are trying to defend the omission of a fast charger I dont know...

If I only received a fast charger I would interpret it as an omission of a lower amp charger.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
13.0 GM is pretty buggy.

13.1 beta 3 is also pretty buggy.

Azathoth123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2018
Fountain City
Does this look like collor accuracy? I know it's in viewfinder, but take a look closer to the gallery shortcut, the photo has been taken.

View attachment 859209

You’re confusing light (exposure) with color, as you’ve confused the dollar with the pound and how taxes are levied, and many, many more things.

It's already faked because the dog isn't even looking in the same direction. Probably boosted the phone image to make it look brighter and more colourful.

Not necessarily faked, there are two cameras in involved, the iPhone and the one that took the picture of the iPhone (and dog, etc). Between the time the iPhone shutter snapped and displayed the image on the screen and the time the second camera’s shutter snapped to show the iPhone screen, the dog moved.

General comment about this and related comments in reviews: all digital images are manipulated in camera, unless they’re in RAW format, so they’ve ALL had adjustments to exposure, color, contrast, de-noise, sharpening, etc. Samsung is known for unnaturally saturated and warm colors, this is done in-camera. Cameras, including film cameras by the choice of film, can shoot at different color temperatures, so the color accuracy also depends on the camera’s settings (or film choice) and the light in which the image was taken. Sunlight is not the same color as tungsten as fluorescent.

BTW, people buy RAW camera apps for the ‘quality’ then complain about the dim, mushy colors. They don’t understand that they’re looking at unmanipulated images from a digital sensor.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
13.0 GM is pretty buggy.

13.1 beta 3 is also pretty buggy.

I’m hearing horror stories about mail app

Shame because it’s one of the main native apps I use aside from usual suspect: photos messages camera and phone

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I’m hearing horror stories about mail app

Shame because it’s one of the main native apps I use aside from usual suspect: photos messages camera and phone

The mail app only really has an issue if you use the "upgrade" method as far as I can tell. There's a fix right here https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/d37vtu/fix_mail_app_not_working_after_downgrading_from/
I can confirm that worked. It should NOT be an issue on the 11/11 Pro since those will have a "new" install of iOS 13.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The mail app only really has an issue if you use the "upgrade" method as far as I can tell. There's a fix right here https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/d37vtu/fix_mail_app_not_working_after_downgrading_from/
I can confirm that worked. It should NOT be an issue on the 11/11 Pro since those will have a "new" install of iOS 13.

Grubrr is also picking up on iOS 13.0 plethora of bugs:

“I ran into a handful of bugs over the last week. One time Messages completely froze, and the phone started getting very warm. Force quitting Messages didn’t help — I had to power-cycle the phone to get Messages working again. Several times the keyboard in Messages went entirely

white. I could actually still type, but I couldn’t see the keys I was pressing. With iOS 13.1 coming just 10 days after iPhone 11 units get into customer hands, I don’t see the point in belaboring this, but 13.1 needs to be a lot more stable than 13.0. 13.0 feels like a late stage beta.”

https://daringfireball.net/2019/09/the_iphone_11_and_iphones_11_pro

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Camera looks amazing which is enough for me to be happy with the upgrade....looking forward to trying all the features.

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
So in other words you have issues with 13.1 b3.
Depends on how you look at it. I've had lockups in every version of IOS from time to time. So it's not unique to a beta. For me it works as well as any production release.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Gruber's review is up https://daringfireball.net/
[doublepost=1568736453][/doublepost]
A picture of a picture. In this case, you have no idea if the camera used to take the picture of the phones viewfinder is even exposing the foreground and background properly, which it's likely not. It's why the Night Mode portion of CNET's review shows the viewfinder blown out, but the final image they show looks great.
Yeah, it's a picture of a screen. Not reliable in the slightest.

Reactions: profets and SHKLMRE

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
13.1 on my iPad pro has been pretty solid.

I get that they are slightly different OS now, but still much better than 13.0.
There is still some weird behaviour on my iPad Pro 10.5. The one that really irritates me is when I open the keyboard and set it on the top of the table, the screen is occasionaly upside down. Furthermore it won't correct itself until I move it to force it to change the orientation. There are also some other bugs here and there.

I agree 13.1 b3 on my iPad Pro is better than 13.0 GM on my iPhone, but it's still somewhat buggy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.