Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I gotta give you respect for going case-less with the Mini. The only way people should use it.

Caseless is the way.
71378ACC-17CA-4590-B78C-C102375EF804.jpeg

Cassandle

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2020
I really like the idea of the Mini. I’m on an XR at the moment and thinking about upgrading (though the XR still works fine).

I use my phone less and less nowadays, and tend to rely on the iPad Pro at home and my Apple Watch. So the Mini kind of makes sense as it’s smaller and cheaper and I don’t really read much or play games on it.

But my wife has the latest SE and I’m always finding that the screen is really cramped, so that also puts me off. I think the fact that the standard 13 is actually smaller and lighter than the XR whilst keeping the same screen size might swing it for me (if I do decide to upgrade…)

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
I really like the idea of the Mini. I’m on an XR at the moment and thinking about upgrading (though the XR still works fine).

I use my phone less and less nowadays, and tend to rely on the iPad Pro at home and my Apple Watch. So the Mini kind of makes sense as it’s smaller and cheaper and I don’t really read much or play games on it.

But my wife has the latest SE and I’m always finding that the screen is really cramped, so that also puts me off. I think the fact that the standard 13 is actually smaller and lighter than the XR whilst keeping the same screen size might swing it for me (if I do decide to upgrade…)

I went from a 5SE -> XR -> 12 Mini. It definitely took some getting used to again. It was a decent attempt but the battery life was piss poor. I don't get how people claim they easily get a day out of it. Granted, I did only have it for a few weeks but still. I went back to the XR and may attempt the 13 Mini . An SE makes no sense unless you are really strapped for $

The standard 13 makes sense for most people.

Reactions: Cassandle

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

I’m the same: On an XR, but want something smaller. However, the 12 and 13 are already smaller/narrower!!!! It’s not shorter though, but the width is my biggest issue with the XR, and the narrower 12/13 may actually help me reach upwards with my thumb?

My wife has the 12 Mini. She’s happy. I also like it, but long term? Not sure. I’d definitely like the 13, but am perhaps after a bigger change?

Cassandle

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2020
I can only assume that people who are charging their phone twice a day literally have the screen on all day?

MikeAK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
I can only assume that people who are charging their phone twice a day literally have the screen on all day?

I think it's more likely they are heavy users and are consuming a lot of media/social media. Their phones are in their faces all day. We've all seen those people.

pdoobs

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2015
love the mini the only complaint i have is with the primary camera lens on the 12 mini which i think the 13 mini will resolve. my index finger by default sort of lands right at the bottom of the camera lens when holding and with the move of that lens with the 13 i think that one complaint is going to be gone. battery life definitely could be better and if you are moving from a larger phone like the XR or 11 you might notice, imagining the 13 mini would resolve that battery concern though also.

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
Is the mini more difficult to read text etc compared to the other iPhones? Perhaps the font size is smaller on the mini?
I personally don’t find it difficult, I’ve had text size set to second smallest since I bought it shortly after launch. The smaller screen/phone is perfect for me.

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.