Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The things apple do for their customers is amazing, called up apple and polity told them it’s not acceptable that my charger and watch band is 4 days late when it’s in stock, (during covid lockdown) gave me the charger for free and a extra watch band free of charge.

Imagine dealing with Samsung no return policy unless the package is still sealed lol.

Samsung’s post sales service is like buying something from the 1940s.

romanson

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2020
Hello from Montenegro.
I have tryed to put a peace of paper , betwen rim and glass on pro max 12 , and the paper can fit.
I have seen your posts so i was wondering , what is conclusive.
Is this normal or what?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Hello from Montenegro.
I have tryed to put a peace of paper , betwen rim and glass on pro max 12 , and the paper can fit.
I have seen your posts so i was wondering , what is conclusive.
Is this normal or what?
It’s normal some previous apple products and other brands have had the same thing, nothing to worry about.

Wonderfly

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
i am in US. I got a new phone at the end of November. At the beginning of January I noticed a gap, where dust can fit, etc etc. I called service. They told me my return window is till open and I can replace it. Returned. It took them a month to ship me a new phone, there were issues with the online system and their customer service so far is the worst I have ever seen. (Can you imagine do drive to the store to pick up a phone and receive an answer that phone is here but we CAN’t release it?) in any case, after a month and a lot of phone calls I got a new phone. Result? Super tiny scratch on the back (annoying) and yes, I can still fit a paper, second photo. Therefore, I feel like giving up on iPhones. Scratch is tiny but I hope it won’t result on anything serious, and yes, another small gap. I have a feeling that it actually can get
1B36DB6A-64B1-4080-A778-D624ACA56D68.jpeg
F69672AD-478D-42BF-BF01-D3EB94BCF003.jpeg
bigger over time since I don’t remember seeing it right of the box on the first phone. Now I know why they have this fancy 10$ insurance. Because it wil be hard to prove that something is a result of manufacture issues like this and not a drop that will eventually happen one day.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
i am in US. I got a new phone at the end of November. At the beginning of January I noticed a gap, where dust can fit, etc etc. I called service. They told me my return window is till open and I can replace it. Returned. It took them a month to ship me a new phone, there were issues with the online system and their customer service so far is the worst I have ever seen. (Can you imagine do drive to the store to pick up a phone and receive an answer that phone is here but we CAN’t release it?) in any case, after a month and a lot of phone calls I got a new phone. Result? Super tiny scratch on the back (annoying) and yes, I can still fit a paper, second photo. Therefore, I feel like giving up on iPhones. Scratch is tiny but I hope it won’t result on anything serious, and yes, another small gap. I have a feeling that it actually can get View attachment 1731285 View attachment 1731286 bigger over time since I don’t remember seeing it right of the box on the first phone. Now I know why they have this fancy 10$ insurance. Because it wil be hard to prove that something is a result of manufacture issues like this and not a drop that will eventually happen one day.
Thats totally unacceptable, have you reported this to Apple ? PS does a $100 bill fit in the gap or is it just $10 bills? cheers

Wonderfly

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
haha.
I bought phone through apple store, so I am not sure to whom I can report it. I will probably leave review at bbb, but apple has there 1 star rating. After a month without a phone I am not surprised.
I love MacBook and iPad and airpods but it was my first iPhone in 10 years and definitely the last. Considering that I dipped my previous Samsung 3 times into bathtub, dropped it at least 30 times in a cleanroom on a tile floor and it cracked only after 4 years.. My heavy usage isn‘t for low-quality-control iPhones. :( no matter how much I want to integrate everything into one system.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
haha.
I bought phone through apple store, so I am not sure to whom I can report it. I will probably leave review at bbb, but apple has there 1 star rating. After a month without a phone I am not surprised.
I love MacBook and iPad and airpods but it was my first iPhone in 10 years and definitely the last. Considering that I dipped my previous Samsung 3 times into bathtub, dropped it at least 30 times in a cleanroom on a tile floor and it cracked only after 4 years.. My heavy usage isn‘t for low-quality-control iPhones. :( no matter how much I want to integrate everything into one system.
🤦‍♂️ You’re stressing over nothing, them gaps are normal.

Reactions: Fred Zed

romanson

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2020
In my country , every pro max , every s21 ultra , and so on and so on have these gaps, so i supose it is normal then , right?

romanson

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2020
Please , you are spreading panic , send me a pitcures of yours and i will send you a pictures of mine.....
Boy that sounded wrong :)

• Haha

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
this thread seriously still going. 🙄🤦‍♂️this so called gap has been around on previous iPhones and other smartphones.

magnetic_electrique

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
Chicago
Just received my 12 Pro after having the 12 Pro Max for a few months. Do you guys see those white specks in between the frame of the phone? I can’t seem to remove them. Not sure if it’s dust or that part of the frame is scratched.
B26E177F-5DD3-4117-8B2B-7249A2A62DFD.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.