Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juliannehepsie21

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
Alaska
iPhone 13 pro max is a fantastic phone;
I love how it feels in my hand. The 11 without a case always was slipping and sliding around and out of my hand. The 13, feels secure in my hand always.

The screen is bright and crystal clear. Every little detail shows up. It is without a doubt the brightest phone screen I’ve ever seen. I have to turn the brightness down to protect my retinas. I’ve never paid much attention to OLED but wow. Just wow.

I haven’t played much with the cameras but I know I’m going to love the macro feature. I found with the 11 that I couldn’t zoom out enough, not so here.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
I find myself shifting my phone to reach the top as well, but I feel more comfortable doing that with this phone rather than the Pro Max phones which felt like I might drop it all of the time.
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wonder if you've tried using Apple's Reachability feature to bring the top down to the middle of the screen. I feel that the action to invoke Reachability (swipe downwards off the bottom of the phone) is problematic, but you can map Reachability to the backtap to make it easier.

Reactions: Barbareren

ShrimpScampi

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2021
I have a 12 mini in purple and a 13 pro max in graphite (wish I'd gotten Sierra blue though). They both do the same thing but I do think the experience going from one to another is vastly different. My mini is a to-go device through and through. I pick it up, put it in my pocket, go about my day, snap some photos while I'm out, and that's it. My 13 pm, I'd imagine, will be used in the same manner as my 11 pm was used in that it's very much a sit-down phone for me. Whenever I'm not at my desktop, the pm was my go-to. Emails, going through presentations, reading pdfs while having a cup of tea.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
After 3 1/2 months of use on the 13 mini, I loved the phone and the form factor but the screen size was what prompted me to switch to the 13. Got the 13 last week and no regrets. I love the battery life on it too.

AppleMan2015

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wonder if you've tried using Apple's Reachability feature to bring the top down to the middle of the screen. I feel that the action to invoke Reachability (swipe downwards off the bottom of the phone) is problematic, but you can map Reachability to the backtap to make it easier.
I just saw this reply now - it's been a while. I have used Reachability, but I don't really enjoy the experience of it at all.

Update on the mini 13: Stellar phone. Love the form factor. Battery is strong - I usually go from 7AM - 11PM with only 1 or 2 charges while driving (using maps, etc). Even not driving at all, the battery lasts well into the night. I can't go 24 hours, but I can come pretty darn close for a phone with this much power and brightness.

Performance is insane, like always. And I have had no issues so far with the phone. It MIGHT be my favorite iPhone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.