Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
I have been using the iPhone 14 pro today and my battery is horrible. Screen time is just over 3 hours and my battery is at 8%. I’m a heavy user, came from a 13 pro max and I don’t understand why this phone is doing this. The only thing i did today was play Pokémon go for 2 and a half hours which is my daily average and my old phone would be around 40% right now. I shut off the AOD too and all the settings are the same as my old phone. Do I have a bad battery? Anyone with an iPhone 14 pro or even a 13 pro, is the battery for this device really this bad? Do I need to go back to the max?

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Wow, just wanted to hear others experiences first day having their new phones. Didn’t need your “encouraging” messages. And I know first day doesn’t tell the whole story, I’ve upgraded my phone every year for the last 5+ years, and never had this happen to me is all

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
You can't look at the battery on the first day. The phone is indexing everything in the background and that is going to eat up the battery while you are playing Pokemon. Give it a couple of days and it should be fine.

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
You can't look at the battery on the first day. The phone is indexing everything in the background and that is going to eat up the battery while you are playing Pokemon. Give it a couple of days and it should be fine.
Yeah let’s hope. I’ll come back here in a few days and let people know

Fatus_Asticus

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2021
You’ll know in a couple of days. I don’t think you can jump to conclusions after a single day. I just downloaded a ton of iCloud crap in the first hour plus an update much less ask the apps and other syncing. See where it falls in a few days. If it’s a problem exchange it.

Also, do a clean install.

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Been on mine all day. Battery is ace.
Have you done anything heavy on it? I know Pokémon go is a heavy game but I literally play over 2 hours a day, and I’ve never seen this bad of battery since the iPhone 7 days

dmdcash

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2017
I have been using the iPhone 14 pro today and my battery is horrible. Screen time is just over 3 hours and my battery is at 8%. I’m a heavy user, came from a 13 pro max and I don’t understand why this phone is doing this. The only thing i did today was play Pokémon go for 2 and a half hours which is my daily average and my old phone would be around 40% right now. I shut off the AOD too and all the settings are the same as my old phone. Do I have a bad battery? Anyone with an iPhone 14 pro or even a 13 pro, is the battery for this device really this bad? Do I need to go back to the max?
WOW. My battery is awesome.

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Has your phone fully transferred everything. It does a lot of downloading in the background and depending how much you have that could be the cause
I had 3000 iCloud Photos paused synching. But they were paused…. Like this battery doesn’t make any sense. Like for an example I went into my apartment for 5 mins. Clicked around and watched 3 mins of a YouTube video and then left. The battery went down 4-5%. Then I went on my daily incense Pokémon go walk. Didn’t drop a single % for 7 ish mins then for the next 13 it dropped 5-6%… like it doesn’t drop % in any logical order. Why did it lose more while I was on Wi-Fi then when I was on 4G…. I’m thinking it could be the iOS 16.0.1 update

Benjin87

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
If if helps, I’m coming from 13 PM and went 14P. I’m finding battery is woeful, but, the amount of behind the scenes I’m not surprised.
Giving it a couple more days as others have said, and then I’ll see.
But, keep in mind, the battery is literally smaller, so, thats taken into account.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: Ghost31

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021
Wow, just wanted to hear others experiences first day having their new phones. Didn’t need your “encouraging” messages. And I know first day doesn’t tell the whole story, I’ve upgraded my phone every year for the last 5+ years, and never had this happen to me is all
You probably would’ve had better responses if you gave us more info like the battery graph and if you set it up as new and the like. Also you asked for battery experiences literally the same day you got it even when you’re aware there’d be a lot of stuff going on in the background that’d be a hit on the battery. Our hands are tied without any info to actually figure out the issue.

Sethguil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
If if helps, I’m coming from 13 PM and went 14P. I’m finding battery is woeful, but, the amount of behind the scenes I’m not surprised.
Giving it a couple more days as others have said, and then I’ll see.
But, keep in mind, the battery is literally smaller, so, thats taken into account.
I hope this helps.
Yeah I know. I just figured I would get 2 hours less or whatever. Instead every time I look at the battery % in the top right it’s down a %. Probably every 5 mins

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.